Dr Andrew Affleck

I am a Consultant Dermatologist and Dermatological Surgeon with special interests in skin cancer, Mohs' Micrographic Surgery, dermoscopy, male genital skin and psychodermatology. I aim to provide the highest standards of care and support your needs. I would value honest feedback, positive and negative, regarding the consultation and care you received. Please spend just a minute completing these questions regarding your consultation and care. Your comments are completely anonymous and will not impact on the care you receive. Just click on 'Review this doctor' and answer the short questions. Your feedback may help other patients. Thank you

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

21st June 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Fernbrae Hospital

After experiencing unsatisfactory treatment for my skin lesion on the NHS which continued for 10 months, I anxiously sought for a second opinion as I felt the consultant was not taking my facial skin problem very seriously. Going for a private consultation with Dr Affleck was the best and most reassuring decision I made concerning this abnormal skin problem. I felt enormously reassured by his concern and interest in my situation. He examined my lip very thoroughly (3 different magnifying glasses were used). His conclusion was confident and he gave me the encouraging impression that my skin lesion was treatable and that I would eventually have a normal lower lip again. I was absolutely delighted with this news which was the best I'd been given in the 2 years I'd had the condition. I left his consulting room as if walking on air. He gave me enormous hope and reassurance that even if this problem might be pre-cancerous, the cream he prescribed would extinguish the abnormal cell growth and I should by all accounts return to having a normal lower lip. I got the distinct impression that early treatment of Actinitic Cheilitis was the best thing for a satisfactory outcome. I would recommend Dr A Affleck for any skin problem which was giving concern to the person. I was very happy to undergo this private consultation. NB

8th June 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Fernbrae Hospital

A most helpful and considerate Doctor who took time to analyse an unusual skin problem and to offer advice as to its management and, hopefully, ultimate cure. His detailed written summary sent by email following the consultation was greatly appreciated.

17th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Fernbrae Hospital

Following a referral to Ninewells Hospital from my GP for a persistent skin complaint, I received a letter telling me the waiting list was 22 weeks. Because I was so worried it was a form of skin cancer I decided to get a private appointment. The referral was done on the same day I called my GP to do it, and when I called Fernbrae I was given an appointment which was only 2 days away. I saw Dr Affleck, who listened to the history of the skin condition, what treatments I had been given over the years, and of course my concerns. I felt totally at ease as soon as I went in, and within seconds I felt very confident that I was in good care. He really knew what he was talking about and gave me lots of information and ideas on how to cope with the itching which was keeping me awake all night!! I saw him on a Saturday morning, and he e-mailed me the treatment with in depth instructions early Monday morning. I was extremely pleased with Dr Affleck's service, and I would highly recommend him.

13th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Fernbrae Hospital

Following the retirement of my long-term Dermatology Consultant Professor James Ferguson he recommended that I henceforth consult Dr Andrew Affleck. I have been extremely happy with Dr Affleck's services and have found him to be friendly, approachable and efficient with an expertise which is apparent in a sympathetic and caring manner. Each consultation has been a pleasant experience.

8th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Fernbrae Hospital

After the initial consulatation I felt at ease, and really confident on my diagnosis. I was taking aback to get treatment so quickly after my consultation. What took up to 8 weeks with my local gp to refer me, only took 14 days from making my appointment to the treatment. Would not hesitate to make another consulatation if the same matter arises.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »