Ninewells Hospital

Dundee, Scotland, DD1 9SY

« 1 2 3 4 »

30th May 2019

I was treated for a replacement hip after a fall. I was on ward 18 and I was immediately made very welcome The quality of care I received was outstanding The staff work incredibly hard to ensure patients are well looked after They are friendly,patient and kind . Many names spring to mind but it would be wrong to single out individuals as there were so many amazing people : I will simply thank Craig for leading such a great team . My special thanks also for the surgeon Mr Nicoll ,who is a star, and his great team. I am also so grateful to the physiotherapists and occupational therapist The NHS is surely in good hands with people of this calibre working at its centre

20th April 2019

In this hospital you will get very good treatment … ONLY if they will discover what actually wrong with you. If they could not discover what wrong with you (I mean physical health here) they will blame that you have DEPRESSION. When person long time has a physical pain and they could not discover what is this, they should not blame on that depression. Depression and physical pain - this is two different things. Person can have a depression while no physical pain. This is more mental condition - to have a depression. Another way, person who has physical pain might not feel depression at all, it only look as he or she depressed, as when you in pain you could not manage many things. I was treated in this hospital and treated well … when they discovered after 2 month or so what actually was wrong with my organs. Before that, until they could not discover, few times consultant speak to me and ask with insinuation about depression and family history about depression. It is not pleasant, and it is not right way. I was in physical pain, while someone yet tried to concern me that I had actually depression. After my operation it was obviously shown on the picture that yet a little bit and sepsis will go further me inside. Think first before blame your patients that they depressed and feeling wrong that they actually had physical pain.

5th April 2019

Overall Ninewells is great. However, in regard to the Oncology Department in particular - it did not tell patients that there was a question mark over the lower chemotherapy dosage being prescribed from Dec 2016 which continued to be prescribed while it was flagged up and was being investigated..... Info from local newspaper(Telegraph 5/5/19). I don't know who was individually or collectively responsible for this decision so I wouldn't like to hastily rate the staff but would give the pharmacists 10/10 for their concern and own high professional standards. So as trusting as you may wish to be, I would constructively advise to get a second opinion and see what is normal in other Trust areas. A cursory google search today indicated the lower dose was recommended for specific individuals only! One of those 304 affected :(

9th February 2019

Just took my 63 year old mom in to a and e with such severe neck and shoulder pain she is battling to move. It has been going on for a few weeks and paracetamol a day ibuprofen isn't working this morning was very scarey. They took one look at her and said it's not an emergency and that she should take ibuproden and go home. No one looked at her neck checked anything. Absolutely appalled!!

20th November 2018

The care and treatment was beyond my expectations. A hard working team who were sensitive to individual needs. Forever grateful.

« 1 2 3 4 »

{{category}} working at Ninewells Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Ninewells Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4mt