dr-amrita-kumar

Written by a patient at King Edward VII Hospital
12th January 2018

Dr Kumar has excellent bedside manners. She explained my mammograms and ultrasound findings. She performed a breast biopsy procedure as part of my appointment and put me at ease immediately.

Written by a patient at Spire Thames Valley Hospital
5th November 2017

Overall, I was very pleased with the quality of my care. The whole set up was very efficient and I thought Dr Kumar did an excellent job of listening to my concerns and symptoms and then carefully explaining the biopsy procedures she needed to perform. The whole team was very polite and attentive and I felt quite relaxed throughout.

Written by a patient at BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital
31st October 2017

Dr Kumar did my breast mammogram and ultrasound at Princess Margaret Hospital in Windsor. My appointment was timely. She had excellent mannerism. She liaised with my breast surgeon and i was very happy with my treatment.

Written by a patient at Spire Thames Valley Hospital
3rd July 2016

Polite, excellent bedside manner Fast breast imaging appointment

Dr. Amrita Kumar is a Consultant Radiologist and holds her NHS post at the Parapet breast Centre, King Edward VII Hospital in Windsor, where she is a leading specialist for breast cancer. She also runs a weekly breast cancer screening assessment clinic and performs weekly interventional procedures including ultrasound-guided biopsy, fine needle aspirations, stereotactic and vacuum assisted biopsies, as well as stereotactic wire localisations. She is a core member of the local and specialist breast cancer multidisciplinary team. Dr Kumar consults on all aspects of general and breast radiology and has an interest in the management of symptomatic and screen-detected breast cancer. She also has a clinical and research interest in breast cancer and medical simulation, having previously completed an MSc in this area. Dr. Kumar is published in many peer-reviewed papers and high impact international journals, including the British Journal of Radiology. She has recently authored a chapter on the internationally collaborated 'Comprehensive Textbook of Healthcare Simulation' published by Springer Science. She has presented at major international conferences and has been invited to give talks in the UK and United States.

Nearest Radiologists