mrs-tracey-ellis

Mrs Tracey Ellis

Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital
15th January 2021

Patients diagnosed with prostate cancer are often required to make a choice as to which treatment path to pursue. To make an informed decision at this critical time requires a clarity of all available information, and a digest of the relevant facts. Tracey Ellis is extremely ‘patient focused’, and she understands the difficulties faced by patients in this situation. Her professionalism, expertise and experience inspired immediate confidence and this was a key factor for me, in the decision-making process. Care, compassion and consideration was then the keynote throughout the entire, professionally managed and executed, treatment process.

29th December 2020

Had a very informative and useful telephone conversation with Tracey about my Prostate condition. I was undecided about which course of treatment would be best in my circumstances. Tracey gave me some great advice in a very friendly and expert way that identified the key aspects to consider in making my decision. I would recommend Tracey to anyone who needs clear, expert and unbiased advice in making a very difficult and important decision. Many thanks.

24th September 2020

I had a video consultation with Tracey and she explained everything thoroughly and was clear about the treatment options and how the risks related to my particular case. Tracey explained the recommended treatment but spent time to fully discuss the pros and cons of alternative options. I left the consultation feeling that I had a good grasp of my medical condition and treatment options, an understanding of how those options ranked for my particular circumstances and that my questions had been answered honestly and openly. Very satisfied.

8th September 2020

I saw Tracey who is the consultant radiologist prior to starting my treatment. She ran my wife & I through my course of treatment and all the possible & probable side effects and that after my treatment they were aiming for a cure, but with no guarantees. I was reassured by her knowledge and her professional manner. All through the treatment, which was 4 weeks duration & 5 days a week at the Rosemere Cancer centre at Preston Hospital, all went smoothly which must be down to Tracey & all the wonderful, very dedicated & highly skilled staff at the Rosemere. I was offered holistic support sessions if needed and also I was able to contact her or Andrew Hunnisett a Nurse Specialist for any further support, which I was grateful not to need to do. Following my treatment and after 6 weeks I had a new but very pleasant experience of an online revue session with both Tracey & Andrew which was from my point of view went very well & I can say it was almost as good as having & attending the Rosemere for this revue in person. All the news about my treatment was good and that my PSA reading was down to 0.1

3rd September 2020

The care and attention given to me by Mrs Ellis right from referral was very professional and caring. It is difficult to recommend anything that would improve my treatment when things were carried out in such an excellent way even though there were difficulties due to the Coronavirus pandemic, it had no effect on the care and radiotherapy sessions. All credit must be given to all the staff who had to deal with those difficulties.

Mrs Tracey Ellis was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Macmillan Consultant Radiographer in the specialism of prostate cancer.

Short link to review Mrs Tracey Ellis: http://iwgc.net/en9vy