Mrs Tracey Ellis

Radiographer

Macmillan Consultant Radiographer in the specialism of prostate cancer.

17th January 2020

Very thorough and caring. Explained everything thoroughly before my radiotherapy and the possible side effects both during and after treatment.

20th December 2019

Tracey dedicated considerable time to explain my case, the proposed treatment, possible side-effects, and encouraged me to share my own concerns. These were discussed frankly, and all in a way which I could understand. These meetings resulted in me having complete confidence in the treatment that was to follow. As a result of her interest in me, I feel she knows me better than my own GP, and her knowledge and expertise provides complete assurance that this was the best course of treatment to have had. This excellence is backed-up by superb Radiotherapy Equipment, operated by enthusiastic, caring staff. At present staff spend time wandering around trying to find patients by calling people's names. I feel a new "Patient Call" system (like you are given whilst waiting in restaurants) would reduce this pointless time, and maintain a higher degree of patient confidentiality. It would need a central desk at which patients could register and collect a disc, and a link between each Treatment Room and the Desk to call "Next patient". With all the remaining operation in the Unit being so slick, it seems out-of-place that this archaic method of calling/finding patients persists.

9th December 2019

I was made to feel completely at ease in a very tense situation. Tracey was obviously in command of all the facts. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone in the NHS service who was so competent and thorough. There was gentle humour in her approach which helped put me at my ease.

19th November 2019

In a time of anxiety Tracy gave me a knowledgeable and informative consultation on my condition and the options open to me .This was done in a professional caring manner which helped me make my treatment option, Thank you

20th October 2019

Tracy Ellis is a friendly professional in whom you cannot fail to have complete trust. Once diagnosed, my meeting with her could not have n=been more reassuring. She went over every detail of what Prostate Cancer meant, she explained exactly what the treatment was and how it would attempt to combat the disease. She went into detail of possible side effects, what to expect during treatment and the follow up at the end of treatment. She answered, in detail, all the questions I posed, to my complete satisfaction. She gave me confidence going into the course of treatment and I knew that there were going to be no nasty surprises around the corer as she had explained everything. Tracey Ellis and Andrew Hunnisett are a good team, who work in the brilliant Rosemere Centre at The Royal Preston Hospital. They made the journey through the Prostate Cancer treatment a more pleasant experience than it might have been. Thank you very much.

Short link to review Mrs Tracey Ellis: http://iwgc.net/en9vy