mrs-tracey-ellis

Mrs Tracey Ellis

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Written by a carer at Royal Preston Hospital
7th May 2020

Having just been diagnosed with prostate cancer, my husband and I have had a video call with Mrs Ellis and I cannot thank her enough for the care and time she took to clearly explain the treatment options available to my husband. Although this was a virtual face to face discussion, we could have been in the room with Tracy Ellis, as she delivered each option with clarity, precision and compassion. My husband and I have yet to decide which treatment option he will pursue but I can honestly say that Tracy Ellis's exposition has given us an informed choice and we thank her for her patience and kindness. Should we decide to pursue the radiology route, we are confident that Tracy Ellis and her team will deliver first class care to my husband at a time when we feel at our most vulnerable. Thank you so much. Jayne and Ron Woollam

Written by a patient at Royal Preston Hospital
2nd April 2020

Since being diagnosed with prostrate cancer and coming under the care of Mrs, Ellis and her department I have had excellent treatment, care and advice. The whole radiotherapy process (including pro's and cons) was initially clearly explained to me and once I had made a decision to take the radiotherapy route there was a continual communication and support service available. The radiotherapy itself was stress free and carried out in an understanding, friendly and highly professional manner. It is difficult to highlight any part of the process or staff above and beyond any others as they were all extremely good. The only one comment that I make was that one morning my treatment was delayed. I was told at reception that it would be delayed with no indication of time or reason. As it was the delay wasn't too long and, it transpired, that one of the radiotherapy machines was out of action. If that had been relayed to me at reception I would have been more understanding. Great team, great management. Al the best for the future

Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital
10th March 2020

Thank you! Is only 2 words which mean so much. So a very big thank you to Consultant Tracy Ellis for her understanding and caring professionalism and seeing me through a pathway for my Prostrate Cancer treatment. Commencing with Hormone injections at my Doctors surgery followed by a Turp operation (Blackpool Victoria, Hospital), a Gel procedure (Burnley Hospital). Finally a course of Radiotherapy treatment at (Rosemere Cancer Treatment, Preston) where a wonderful team of Radiographers looked after me with great care and consideration. I count myself very fortunate to have been under the special care of Consultant, Tracy Ellis. I am pleased to say my PSA count is back to normal and I am to be monitored for the next 5 years. Once again thank you.

Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital
14th February 2020

Tracey has been excellent in terms of her advice , empathy and overall service. She describes everything very clearly in a way a patient can understand.

Written by a patient at Royal Preston Hospital
12th February 2020

It was decided by the clinical team that Radio Therapy was the best option for my Prostate Cancer with the best chance for the best outcome for me. I saw Tracey who is the consultant radiologist prior to starting my treatment. She ran me through my course of treatment and all the possible side effects and that they were aiming for a cure, but with no guarentees. I was reassured by her knowledge and her professional manner. All through the treatment, which was an arduous 7 weeks 5 days a week at the Rosemere Cancer centre at Preston Hospital, I was able if need be able to contact her or the Nurse specialist Andrew Hunnweth. I only needed to contact them on two occasions and although I had to leave a message both times, I was called back within a few hours. On both occasions they were able to put my mind at rest. Now my treatment has ended I had an appointment with Tracey within 6 weeks to review the treatment and my ongoing care. I had a blood test prior to my appointment which showed my PSA level has fallen from 7.5 prior to treatment to 0.24. They will keep monitoring this for the next two years. All remains to be said is that I have not been let down by the health professionals I have come in contact with.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Mrs Tracey Ellis was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Macmillan Consultant Radiographer in the specialism of prostate cancer.

Short link to review Mrs Tracey Ellis: http://iwgc.net/en9vy