Ben Wilde

Senior Physiotherapist & Clinical Director

I started life as a physiotherapist on the South Coast working as a civilian contractor for the Royal Marines 1st Assault and the Special Boat Service. From there I moved to professional football, looking after the Academy at Southampton Football Club. Relocation to London followed and completion of my Masters in Advanced Neuromusculoskeletal Physiotherapy – Sports and Performance. Since then I have held positions ranging from Physiotherapy Manager of a private practice to Head of Sports Medicine at a national league rugby club. I als
...Show more

7th December 2016
Written by a private patient at Physio & More Ltd

Ben treated me after I had some shoulder surgery, I didn't realise how out of sorts I would be after the operation and how poor my movement would be. Ben put me at my ease quickly and explained why I was the way I was and what he and I were going to do about it. It was easy to trust him and get along with him. Several weeks on I'm so muchg better. There's still some way to go and I understand that will take a couple more months but I'm delighted with the progress made. Totally recommended.

14th July 2016
Written by a private patient at Physio & More Ltd

I tore my ACL which was a pretty dramatic experience needing surgery to mend it and once completed my consultant recommended Ben. I've seen a few physios over the years, Ben is the leader of the pack in many ways. When you talk with him you just know that he knows his stuff and there's a friendly but very quiet and unassuming confidence about how he approaches the job giving you confidence that he knows what he's doing and sure enough with his very measured and careful approach he gets the results you need. Rehab after an ACL repair lasts for months and I can honestly say that I was supported well by Ben throughout, nothing was a problem for him and on any occasion I had a question he replied to me quickly with great, clear information. Treatment sessions were good, I'd even say fun, he knows just how far to push to make sure progress is measured and steady. All told an excellent experience.

12th July 2016
Written by a private patient at Physio & More Ltd

I've seen Ben a few times over the years most recently after an onset of neck pain that started when I was lifting weights in the gym. The pain didn't settle down and with the wisdom of retrospect I should have gone to see Ben immediately. I didn't and had a week of sleepless nights with nerve pain in my neck and shoulder. Finally sense prevailed and I made an appointment. At the end of one session the pain was much reduced and I slept that night, I went back twice more and was pain free after the third session. Ben also kindly spent some time looking at my technique with weights and was able to tell me quickly what I was doing wrong. So once again great treatment and money well spent.

22nd June 2016
Written by a private patient at Physio & More Ltd

Excellent rehab from Ben after shoulder surgery, I've seen a few physios over the years, Ben is the best by a big margin.

20th June 2016
Written by a private patient at Physio & More Ltd

I was treated at Physio & More after surgery to my knee, my consultant recommended I see Ben Wilde. From the word go I knew the recommendation was right. Ben listened carefully to what I had done and noted the consultant's comments. He then set to work first of all freeing up my knee with mobilisations and then got to work on strengthening the muscles again. I don't think I anticipated how much the surgery would affect my strength in my knee - the consultant did warn me but it's one of those things you do not appreciate until it happens to you. Anyway, now all is sorted and I'm running again which in six months is huge progress. Ben is easy to get along with, he makes the sessions fun and he knows just how far to push. Rehabilitation for that long is not easy and on the darker days where I wondered whether I would ever get back to normal he was as steady as a rock with a message of yes I would, all was going to plan and it would all be OK.

Nearest Physiotherapists