Boots Opticians Islington

9th December 2019

I saw Ayesha for my eye test in Canary Wharf: a wonderful, friendly optometrist who delivered the best care during my eye test to spot something that my previous Opticians did not and the eye specialist at the hospital was also impressed at the attention Ayesha gave to refer me for serous wet macula degeneration. A follow up after the referral was done in Islington angel store, I appreciate her for going above and beyond for me, a true asset to the company and the profession. Thankyou

23rd September 2019

Do not go to this boots! Although all the Optometrists I have seen have been lovely and helpful the floor staff, in particular the store manager, are horrendous! I shouldn't have to phone up to check if they have done their job multiple times to find out they haven't and then chase up my own records with my old boots opticians as apparently "they couldn't get through" (even though they picked up straight away when I rang and were very helpful!) They have failed to tell me prescriptions are available, tried to scam me into buying the most expensive lenses possible and booked appointments when the correct staff team were not there to run those appointments! The icing on the cake was being overcharged for my glasses and having to argue for an hour to get a refund, even though the store manager couldn't prove that her numbers were correct. And when I was found to be correct I had to prompt her to apologise. This store is awfully run and the customers are made to feel like they are a nuisance. Repeatedly I was told it was because they were understaffed...to be frank I don't care. I have spent hundreds of pounds in that Boots recently and won't be spending another penny there ever again!

6th May 2019

The optometrist was very good and informative and very welcoming. I've been a patient since 2016 and have yearly check ups and have seen staff come and go but I was really saddened to see my usual consultant Chanelle no longer works there. Wearing glasses is something I've always been conscious about so finding a consultant who knows and understands my needs and actually cares about helping me was a blessing and a relief and of great importance to me. I did however see a lovely young woman called Georgia who helped me and did her very best, she is a very pleasant young lady and an asset to the team. The lady I believe to be the store manager (she wore a suit in comparison to the normal uniform like the other staff) I found to be very abrupt and rude, not only to me but by the sounds of it she seems to have no respect for the staff. No surprise great consultants are dropping if they are being managed by someone like that.

Clear Recommendation

{{category}} working at Boots Opticians Islington ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Boots Opticians Islington: http://iwgc.net/emvev