Boots Opticians Islington

35-37 Islington High Street, Islington, Middlesex, N1 9LH

6th May 2019

The optometrist was very good and informative and very welcoming. I've been a patient since 2016 and have yearly check ups and have seen staff come and go but I was really saddened to see my usual consultant Chanelle no longer works there. Wearing glasses is something I've always been conscious about so finding a consultant who knows and understands my needs and actually cares about helping me was a blessing and a relief and of great importance to me. I did however see a lovely young woman called Georgia who helped me and did her very best, she is a very pleasant young lady and an asset to the team. The lady I believe to be the store manager (she wore a suit in comparison to the normal uniform like the other staff) I found to be very abrupt and rude, not only to me but by the sounds of it she seems to have no respect for the staff. No surprise great consultants are dropping if they are being managed by someone like that.

26th March 2019

Munisha was lovely during my eye exam and her recommendations was very clear, the lovely girl Georgia helped me pick out my new glasses and i tried on some that are out of my comfort zone but i absolutely love them!! however their manager is really quite rude and condescending and i personally think she needs to learn some people skills

8th February 2019

The optometrist was fine. The shop floor/sales staff the worst I have ever encountered in a Boots opticians. The unpleasant person insisted on hovering in one's personal space and only unlocking a few frames at a time to try, on the insistence that it was not store policy to do otherwise (perhaps they have a lot of shoplifting at that location - but seriously ? It's not as if I were anonymous - they had all my name and address details from the eye test). It's really not nice to be treated like a thief as a prelude to spending some hundreds of pounds on new glasses. Eventually the manager intervened as I got more stressed - and offered a discount if I chose something, but by this time I would be happy to never visit this store again. Many I recommend taking the trip to the Bishopsgate or London Wall branches instead - where staff are courteous and helpful.

7th October 2018

My appointment was on the 6th October, upon arriving i was sat down by a member of staff on the front desk and was told someone would be with me soon. I was then kept waiting for a further 20 minutes whilst the staff chatted to each other and proceeded to ignore my presence. Whilst waiting, a young lady came up to me and asked if i was "being seen to", i told her what had been said to me and it looked as if she was going to find out what was happening. A male member of staff then shouted over at her and told her not to deal with me and that she should be doing something else. There was an obvious lack of communication and a lot of tension between the staff members. Someone eventually came over to me and did the initial examination, she was very robotic and did not talk me through what was happening. Other than that, the actual eye examination with the optometrist was excellent. However, this is not enough for me to ever come back.

20th September 2018

Optometrists I saw (two as I had problems with other parts of the service) were great - professional, made clear recommendations, efficient. Unfortunately the rest of the service was middling to poor. Firstly after my first appointment I was told they had issues with getting my records from my previous optometrist, another Boots Optician branch. They said they'd try again tomorrow and would let me know. No such luck - I rang up two weeks later to see about progress and they still hadn't obtained my records. They said they would get on to this straight away. One of the staff gave me calls to follow up and was helpful, but I was very busy with work and travel and couldn't make it in. Eventually went in for a contact lens check, and there were what seemed like massive issues getting contact lenses - first they put me on the contact lens reward scheme, then it turns out the lenses my optometrist recommended couldn't be obtained on the scheme. So I went on the other one they recommended and thought they ordered lenses at the time. It's been another 3 weeks without any word. So I called up this morning, and I'm then told the lenses were never ordered because again, they weren't available on the Care Scheme they then put me on. No one had contacted me about this. The salesperson I spoke to then said they would sort it straight away, but this is getting ridiculous. It's now been exactly two months since I first went in for an eye test. The manager I dealt with at my second appointment was helpful and friendly, and deducted the cost of my first appointment from the overall cost as I went on the scheme and also paid for the lenses I ordered. Other than that, I picked up on snippy condescending attitudes amongst the other staff in their interactions with each other. Maybe it was just my imagination after being frustrated with the whole process. Please work on your processes, handovers, note taking or whatever would help. It's not right that I've had to chase up on things and then finding out that something's gone awry but I've not been contacted.

{{category}} working at Boots Opticians Islington ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Boots Opticians Islington: http://iwgc.net/emvev