watford-general-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 107,076 reviews Write a review

Watford General Hospital

Vicarage Road, Watford, England, WD18 0HB

8th January 2020

My husband was admitted to A&E today january 8th 2020 the paramedics were so kind and thoughtful they work so hard. When we arrived at A&E it was really busy but the paramedics made sure my husband was transferred to a hospital bed so that he was comfortable bed until it was his turn to be seen. The Doctors were fantastic and the nurses were so kind and caring. The student nurse padraig Collins was really good at his job we wish him all the very best in his nursing career. Thank you all sincerely what an amazing team in A&E at watford general!

Review of ESAU, written by a patient
24th December 2019

I was seen in good time by the doctor once we arrived in ESAU. During the consultation the doctor said I could go home and that he will arrange some pain relief medication for me to take home. From that point onwards, I have been waiting for over 3 hours for a one week supply of simple pain relief suppositories. The main delay is because the pharmacy did not receive the TTA for the first 2 hours. This is absolutely ridiculous. We have now been in the hospital for 7 hours in total. To make a patient who’s in pain and unwell wait over 3 hours for a simple prescription that would otherwise be dispensed in a community pharmacy in 5 mins is completely and utterly unacceptable. There is clearly a massive system failure here and I’m sure I’m not the only one who has suffered in this way.

15th December 2019

Extremely rude reception service even though we showed nothing but patience and respect...waiting time that seemed an eternity ... When you are being treated with extreme arrogance and ignorance makes you think if they deserve your tax money ... If I could choose between NHS and charities I don't have to think much ... An absolute Joke ... Outrageous I would say ... Allowing a patient to spend the night in pain with no attention...

10th December 2019

Review of AAU 3 Yellow and Blue - 0522, written by a family member
3rd December 2019

The level of care was beyond what I was expecting. Nurses were very accessible, being within sight so that I could ask for help when needed. The nurses were genuinely interested in me, and I felt tried to get to know my needs. Information given by the Doctor to myself and to my daughter was detailed, informative and easy to understand. I felt that I was very well cared for. My daughter feels that the high level of care, and close monitoring of my condition, resulted in a considerable improvement in my health. In fact I was able to be discharged back to the nursing home where I am residing, after just over one week. Also note that the ward was spacious, usually quiet and peaceful and my personal care was of a very good standard. The atmosphere on the ward was pleasant too.

27th November 2019

I went in with an allergic reaction in danger of a stroke. I was treated very well and they did everything right. The sad thing was I had a relapse the following day and was taken to Northwick Park. They instructed a trainee to do a lumbar puncture who ruined my life and left me a vegetable- PLEASE GO TO WATFORD DO NOT GO NEAR NORTHWICK PARK IT IS A THIRD WORLD PLACE

6th November 2019

The worst hospital ever Staff not polite horrendous parking having to walk up a hill filthy dirty hospital waiting list is awful the Atmosphere is horrendous in the hospital staff struggling from every department I could see

5th November 2019

Watford General Hospital has been our 'local' hospital since 1984. It has been through very difficult times with a negative reputation. I am so delighted with the changes and hard work that has been achieved to make this hospital so good now. I do get annoyed when I hear people saying negative things especially about A & E. May I suggest that anyone going there be given the procedure ,Triage nurse. blood and urine samples, doctor. When the samples go to the lab, depending on what they are for, will always take time. Why can't some people engage their brain and try to realise that there are steps to be taken before a diagnosis can be made. I suggest a leaflet or a liaison person.

23rd October 2019

I would like to say a huge thank you to all the staff on Starfish ward who looked after our son. He was nervous as were we, knowing he had to have an operation to remove his appendix. Everyone was so kind and went out of their way to help us. You do amazing work and should be very proud of yourselves. A great team.

Review of X-Ray - Watford - 0669, written by a family member
23rd October 2019

I do not have great things to say about the treatment my mother received at the Watford General Hospital, X-Ray department, I'm afraid. She arrived there for a CT scan, however was told to drink 1 litre of water and wait 1 hour. My mother had to point out that she is not there for a kidney procedure but for a CT scan. Following which, the hospital staff member (named Avneet) realised her error, tried to brush it off and proceeded to give her a contrast dye via injection. However, due to poor placement of the injection, my mother's arm started to bruise and form a large visible lump. This is caused when it starts to bleed outside the vein resulting in Infilteration or Hematoma. My mother, being a Registered nurse herself, was able to identify this issue and point it out. However, someone who does not have a medical background or knowledge might not have recognised these signs. I was very disappointed with this poor service and hope that errors like this will not continue in the future. Either nurses should be the ones to do tasks like these (Avneet did not look like one, no uniform etc.), or your staff should be trained properly being being in a patient facing role. Aside from this, her scan proceeded as normal and she was treated well by the doctors.

Filter reviews by care type

Filter reviews by reviewer type

{{category}} working at Watford General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Watford General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6em