the-royal-marsden-hospital-chelsea
1 2 3 4 5 21,494 reviews Write a review

The Royal Marsden Hospital (Chelsea)

Fulham Road, London, England, SW3 6JJ

Pain Control
Review of Radiosurgery, written by a family member
9th November 2019

This is the second time that my daughter has received CyberKnife treatment and, as before, she could not have been better looked after by everyone involved - the consultants, the pre-treatment team, the receptionists, the nursing staff, the radiographers. Once the new lesions had been identified everything that needed to be done was done quickly, professionally and with great care, everyone dealing with the additional difficulties relating to my daugher's autism with kindness and empathy. The only area that could benefit from improvement is the hospital transport where the waiting times both to be collected from and returned to her home are exceptionally long and tiring for her.

Review of Burdett Coutts, written by a patient
7th November 2019

I had great care in CCU & the ward. The only problem I found was that being quite deaf I couldn’t always hear what the staff were saying to me. Maybe it would be an idea to have written on my name board above my bed that I was hard of hearing. All staff were very caring & helpful.

2nd November 2019

I met Mr Riaz Agha at St Barts in London where he saw my sister who had just been diagnosed with cancer in both breasts. Mr Riaz was extremely kind and compassionate and did everything he possibly could to help inform my sister on things to do with her condition and pushed forward more tests for her. He really impressed us with his care. I certainly wish all Doctors had this level of empathetic intelligence. From other reviews, I can see has been working at The Royal Marsden, a hospital of such excellence with brilliant surgeons and doctors and very kind, well trained and considerate staff. Judging from our appointment with Mr Agah it is no wonder that he was such a success with patients and staff alike at the Royal Marsden... Thank you Mr Agha and I wish you great luck with your career. With kindest regards Linda.

30th October 2019

Diagnostic Radiology Chelsea, care review code 0816 - this was specified on the review form, but the website did not accept it. This review is only about my experience of service at Diagnostic Radiology as a private care patient. Overall, the service falls short of other private care radiology facilities in London I have been to, for instance MRI at London Bridge Hospital. First shortcoming was with the initial phonecall: the representative was only able to offer a single appointment, and said only her supervisor could see a full list of appointments. In other facilities when I received a similar phonecall - the representative always had the full list of appointments to offer me over the phone. It would be great if this was rectified, and I would only be contacted by the representative with sufficient clearance that is able to offer any available appointment. Next shortcoming was in the changing rooms. While at London Bridge I had a rather spacious locker inside my changing room and was offered 2 gowns and change slippers, at Chelsea slippers weren't offered, second gown neither, and there was no locker in the changing room at all. Instead, I had to move to a communal room with lockers, each of which was about half the size of what I'd get at London Bridge Hospital MRI. Following that, was the preparation process for the MRI scan itself. While at London Bridge I would be given earplugs that I could then wear myself, here nurses have immobilised my arms first by putting the scanning equipment on top of my arms. They simply then forced the earplugs into my ears, which was pretty uncomfortable, compared to me doing it myself. Additionally, they did not put anything under my feet, which were just on the bare metal platform of the MRI imaging machine for the whole scan. Lastly, after the scan I was advised that they are unable to give me a CD with my images, and I have to request it separately from my consultant. In London Bridge Hospital they always give me a copy of my CD at the end of each MRI scan. I hope these shortcomings should be rectified, so private patients can receive the same standard of care that is available at other private care facilities in London.

Review of Ellis Ward, written by a patient
28th October 2019

Massive thanks to the wonderful staff in particular Staff nurse Sophie Ellis - an amazing nurse and incredibly wonderful young lady can’t thank her enough ♥️♥️♥️ Alisa - compassionate with a heart of gold -looked out for me when I needed it♥️ Dorothy Palmer sweet polite and helpful ♥️ Doctor Rae - a pleasure to know ♥️ Yolande Roussot-a friend to show you the way♥️ Holly ,Izzy and Orla -so very comforting ♥️♥️♥️ Jane Murphy - occ therapist -wonderful ❤️ Vim -always caring and helpful ❤️ Thanks to the catering staff ♥️ Thanks to the nurses on the C C ward who cared for me after my op ♥️ Sam in pre assessment-thank you ♥️ The nurse who held my hand when I was afraid ♥️ Dr Grant - ♥️

Review of Radiotherapy Chelsea, written by a patient
22nd October 2019

I attended the Radiotherapy departments for 30 blasts of radiation to my face and orbit of my eye. Everything about my experience was smooth with comments grouped into three areas: 1) Location of department. I loved the location of the radiotherapy department - 30 seconds from the street to the waiting room and a few steps from the cafe. Any waiting was smoothed through by the nice selection of UK and overseas newspapers provided. 2) Efficiency. I rarely waited more than 10 minutes after my appointment time to be seen and sometimes I was seen early. Out of 30 sessions I think I only waited 30 minutes once. My appointments were timed for my convenience and booking process was super smooth. 3) New equipment. Great to be blasted by a new machines as opposed to obsolete models which are out of their normal service life which apparently does happen in some other hospitals. 4) Fantastic and caring staff. The young team on my machine were friendly, chatty, kind and caring at all times. They obviously take immense pride in their work and also exude professionalism and accuracy at all times. For a short time I felt a part of their professional family. Summary: Whilst something of a slog, I got through the 30 blasts without any problems, with manageable side effects and having met the kind folk of The Royal Marsden. I would strongly recommend it to anyone who has the chance of being treated there.

Review of Burdett Coutts, written by a patient
16th October 2019

In a situation where the illness and outcome very worrying it was great to be cared for by people that were friendly and approachable and didn’t try to mask the seriousness of what i was going through. My condition was far less serious than many on the ward, but i was still treated with the same amount of care and respect. Whilst I would not like to return to the ward, for obvious reasons, the staff were fantastic and could not be faulted, whether day, night or weekend, they approached their job professionally and with compassion. I was on the ward for six days, longer than many, and from the start was allowed to be as reclusive or public as i wished. Treatment, whether taking blood pressure or giving required injections, was always done with my feelings at the forefront of their considerations, even being allowed to sleep a bit longer if there was time. On leaving the ward, I didn’t feel that I was being shoved out, but was leaving friends. I left, prepared for the next stage of my treatment and recovery. Thank you.

Review of Outpatients department Chelsea, written by a patient
16th October 2019

Didn't need help with meals - went to the V&A Museum cafe - very good!

Rating not given.

Review of Radiotherapy Chelsea, written by a patient
7th October 2019

I can only say in all my years I have never received better, more informative and considerate care giving me total confidence in my treatement

Review of Medical Day Unit (Chelsea), written by a patient
2nd October 2019

The MDU staff are wonderful. Can't say enough how kind, skilled and gentle they are to everyone. And the whole team are amazing; healthcare assistants are brilliant, the phlebotomist is the only person who has ever managed to draw my blood without discomfort (and he did so every single time, over months), and reception staff remember all patients and are kind and warm with them. Just exemplary care.

Filter reviews by care type

Filter reviews by reviewer type

{{category}} working at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Chelsea) ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Royal Marsden Hospital (Chelsea): http://iwgc.net/eb6av