the-royal-marsden-hospital-chelsea
1 2 3 4 5 20,662 reviews Write a review

The Royal Marsden Hospital (Chelsea)

Fulham Road, London, England, SW3 6JJ

21st March 2019

I attended CAU to have my catheter removed post-prostate removal surgery (i.e. for TWOC). After initially passing urine satisfactorily, I started peeing blood. I was very worried about this but the nurse assured me this was normal. I asked to speak to the urology advanced nurse practitioner but a different doctor came to seem me. They assured me the peeing of blood was completely normal, despite it not having been referred to in any documentation or information I had been given. Later, one of the nurses asked my wife and me to move as they needed the bed. We eventually went home and, within 5 hours, I was in an ambulance to Kingston Hospital for the post painful experiences of my life; after failed attempts to insert a catheter in my penis, at 2am a supra-pubic catheter was inserted and blood and urine flowed everywhere. The relief from pain was immediate. My wife and I had raised the right concerns with the hospital staff who were simply negligent and uncaring, such a complete contrast from my experience the previous week of the surgery and Burdett Coutts ward. I must stress that my comments apply principally to the doctor and one nurse, whose name I do not know (but it was not Hannah or Constantine, who were on duty and the latter was certainly concerned and supportive).

21st March 2019

Professional, capable staff. Very supportive when needed

15th March 2019

I am an HNS patient and I have been waiting for my appontment for 2 hours now, the reception is closed and no one has seen me yet. The communication about delays is non existent!

12th March 2019

I arrived 10 minutes before my appointment. I didn't wait long and went in at the time of my appointment. The nurse that dealt with me was calm and reassuring and was happy to talk through a few concerns I had. There was a student nurse in attendance to assist the qualified nurse. We were made aware of who she was and her name. This was appreciated. When discussing my next appointment the nurse mentioned she wouldn't be around so we know we will see someone else, this is really useful as we know what to expect. We were given everything we needed regarding changing my dressing at home plus clear instructions. I have nothing but praise for the staff. The reception staff at the main entrance are also so helpful. They are reassuring and very calm. Nothing is to much trouble. Wonderful. I have nothing but praise for the care and attention I have received at the hospital.

6th March 2019

I felt it difficult to complete the boxes I left blank as I didn't feel they were applicable for this visit. Fortunately, I was only in the building for an hour and didn't have any needs beyond my appointment during this time. There were two Receptionists where I was sitting who I feel would have assisted me had I required it. I was very impressed with the professionalism and kindness of everyone to me and the other patients that were waiting. I felt my worries were acknowledged and everything explained clearly to me. In a busy clinic I did not feel rushed in any way. I was impressed and relieved to have my biopsy immediately and a date and time for telephone consultation for the results.

{{category}} working at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Chelsea) ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Royal Marsden Hospital (Chelsea): http://iwgc.net/eb6av