the-royal-marsden-hospital-chelsea
1 2 3 4 5 18,438 reviews Write a review

The Royal Marsden Hospital (Chelsea)

Fulham Road, London, England, SW3 6JJ

17th August 2018

the service and attitude of all the staff has been exemplary

14th August 2018

It's my plessure to say thank you all for the treatment I have received from the Radiotherapy Team during the last 7 weeks. If I had to do it all again I wouldn't change anything. Professional, sensitive people with a welcoming smile were eveywhere as soon as I walked through the door into the Royal Marsden Hospital.

10th August 2018

The hospital is rather difficult to navigate - better information, or a map, to help me get to the right place would be good

9th August 2018

The RMH FT is a fantastic Trust all round, inspiring my confidence in all treatment I have received there on a number of occasions over the years. My most recent treatment was at the Chelsea branch for the first time. The care and attention I received in the pre-op assessment department and pre-operatively were second to none. In particular, the young Staff Nurse looking after me pre-operatively was so caring, professional and excellent in every way. My post-operative care in Recovery was also excellent, with 1:1 care throughout the several hours I spent there before transferring to the ward. I very much appreciated the reassuring and attentive visits from my Consultant surgeon, Mr Bernstein, as well as the Anaesthetist. Whilst the ward I stayed on overnight seemed a bit cramped, with minimal space between beds, it was clean and well equipped. Nursing staff were kept very busy and seemed short staffed at key times. Nonetheless, they were reasonably attentive most of the time, cheery and very caring. My experience could have been further improved in the following areas: - the patient in the bed next to me informed staff that she had left urine specimens in the ladies toilet on serval occasions. Despite this, the specimens remained on display to all in containers around the toilet from at least the evening until the following mid afternoon. It was unpleasant and undignified to use the bathroom with so many specimens around, especially in the hot conditions, with a risk of being knocked and spilled. More importantly, whatever the reason they were left seemed unimportant to staff and if for fluid output measurement, would have measured short of the original specimens, as they were clearly evaporating over time, as could be seen by the water mark in the cardboard containers! - the linen bag in the same bathroom was not emptied in all the time I was on the ward despite being overladen. - I was disappointed not have been offered a hot drink from arrival on the ward early evening until breakfast the next day. My main concern was that had I not persisted with the importance of following my anticoagulation plan agreed at my pre-operative assessment with a doctor and in liaison with a haematologist, I would have been discharged without the low molecular heparin planned. This resulted in a few hours delay in my discharge whilst awaiting the prescription. Whilst the staff member was apologetic, this could have resulted in an unacceptable error had I not been so aware of my anticoagulation management. I do not wish to make a formal complaint, but do feel there is learning from my experience which may help to prevent any such errors occurring in future. For example, that copies of anticoagulation plans are available in patient notes and electronically. Fortunately I had a printed copy with me to evidence the plan.

7th August 2018

I was made to feel very comfortable and every aspect was discussed in a kind, informative and sympathetic manner. The doctor and nurses were courteous and caring.