The Royal Marsden Hospital (Chelsea)

Fulham Road, London, England, SW3 6JJ

21,722 reviews

26th January 2024

I could not have asked for better care and treatment from the staff at the Royal Marsden. This applies both to the surgical staff and the oncology team. They treated me with dignity and respect and kept me strong on my fight against cancer.

13th December 2023

I want to commend the staff in the radiology for the care I have received in my treatment .From my first consultation right through to my 30 sessions of radiotherapy the standard of excellent . Thank you tool the staff

Review of Wilson Ward
23rd September 2023

I haven't graded the last four questions as they did not apply to me or my care. Every member of staff were friendly and caring and I never felt rushed or that I might be a nuisance.

Suggested improvements
The only thing that could have been better - in the discharge area/ward there are only four chairs and even though I am of average height if I sat right back in the seat so my back was resting on the back of the chair my feet did not touch the floor which after a while became very uncomfortable. Would it be possible to provide a couple of chairs for shorter folk with little legs or at least foot stools for the higher chairs.

13th September 2023

I have had a very positive experience during and after my surgery at RM Chelsea. All staff were fantastic and I am forever grateful for their care. Most went above and beyond and genuinely cared for their patients. The Ellis ward was clean and most staff were amazing. I will be forever grateful.

23rd July 2023

I have to have annual mammograms as part of the family history clinic and every year I’m petrified and it’s all ok and they are so kind to my tears of fear. They are so kind and I get my results so quickly. Thank you to everyone there. So grateful.

Review of Endoscopy Suite
22nd June 2023

Everything was explained and I was treated with dignity but also we a sense of humour , which I needed.

Suggested improvements
All was good. When waiting in the reception, waiting times were explained and everything went very smoothly .

Review of Endoscopy Suite
10th May 2023

A highly professional experience, with friendly staff throughout - plus good explanations (pre and post) the procedure

Suggested improvements
n/a

Review of Radiotherapy Chelsea
9th May 2023

The Team at Franklin, especially Rosemary, were caring and highly professional. Rosemary eased my nervousness and was very open to making changes to help. Although it was short treatment, she offered to play music of my choice to relax me. She explained the procedure as she went along. She was also a friendly and smiling face when I was in the waiting room and she popped over to update me on timing. I cannot praise her more highly - she’s so obviously cares about making a tough and scary treatment as pleasant as it can be. Another testament to her dedication to provide great service was that on my last session, although they were running late, she took great care to ensure the measurements were perfect, even coming back into the room to make final adjustments.

Suggested improvements
I am not a fan of hypofractionated radiotherapy. I got lung fibrosis and ground glass opacity in the treatment area from the radiotherapy early on and now have permanent lung damage. I wonder if it would have been the same result if I’d had conventional treatment, which gives much less radiation per session, but more sessions in total.

Review of PET/CT
26th April 2023

Nuclear Medicine staff were great. Call to set up appointment was very quick. Offered alternative dates. Competent, professional and friendly people.

Suggested improvements
Avoid repeating questions that I have already answered in another part of the process.

Review of Radiotherapy Chelsea
27th March 2023

I did indeed receive great care. It was all just marvellous. I much appreciated the helpful briefings from Mr Khoo, Dr Harshani, Emer, Sandra and Jasmine, the sensitive insertion of gold beads from Emer, advice one weekend from the Macmillan nurses, and then the 20 radiotherapy sessions themselves. All the people were lovely. The radiologists who administered the 20 sessions seemed tremendously expert and painstaking (as far as I could tell) and were always, without exception, cheerful, sympathetic and endlessly patient. The hospital buildings and outpatient facilities were the best I've come across. The briefings and treatments all went ahead as planned, strikes by some nurses and junior doctors notwithstanding. Andrew Edwards

Suggested improvements
Some confusion in the early days about which waiting room I was supposed to use, with some resulting delay. But this was a tiny point only.

Pain Control

{{category}} working at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Chelsea) ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Royal Marsden Hospital (Chelsea): http://iwgc.net/eb6av