the-royal-marsden-hospital-chelsea
1 2 3 4 5 15,222 reviews Write a review

The Royal Marsden Hospital (Chelsea)

Fulham Road, London, England, SW3 6JJ

23rd November 2017

I was an in-patient at the Royal Marsden hospital in July 2017. The first thing that attracted my attention was the helpful volunteers. During my stay, I found the Ward (Ellis Ward) to be extremely clean and the staff super-efficient. The doctors were very supportive and attentive. My experience of the Royal Marsden hospital, Chelsea has left me with a lasting positive experience of the NHS, the level of which I had not experienced before. It would in my opinion, be good if all hospitals operated with the same level of dignity and respect the Royal Marsden offered its patients. Certainly, it is something I would like to see elsewhere in the NHS.

10th November 2017

Sharing of photos of patients (without their clothing) If you have any religious beliefs or cultural reasons which mean it is important to you and your family that your privacy and particularly your modesty is maintained. I would strongly suggest that you do not allow The Royal Marsden Hospital to take any photos of you without clothing, prior to any surgery which they may suggest. I did, I gave my consent for several photos to be taken of me without my clothing, I was told by the nurses that these would only be used to support the 'planning of my upcoming cancer surgery'. These photos which I was very unsure if I could even go through with, at such a distressing time; have now been circulated outside of the hospital on several occasions in a non-secure format. I appear to have lost any rights I should have to maintain my privacy or who sees me without my clothing on. If you are from outside of the UK and considering this hospital control of who sees you and how may be a very important part of your daily life and of your beliefs and a part of your family's wishes. It certainly is for us and I would not wish anyone else to make the same error of judgement about what consent means and where a large UK organisation not respecting our individual rights to privacy can lead. I hope this is helpful.

17th November 2017
Response from The Royal Marsden Hospital (Chelsea)

Thank you for raising this issue. We are sorry if your experience did not meet your expectations. Please get in touch via 0800 783 7176 if you would like to discuss it further.

29th October 2017

Everything is good staff are great.

29th October 2017

The care and the dignity I was given was first-class I could not have asked for anything better all the staff have been brilliant. Lucy, Lizzie, Ramona, Pinder, Elliott and anyone else I may have missed out lovely caring people. Dr Ross - Miss McNeil and Dr John {}

29th October 2017

Good service always an hour wait for blood test.