st-marys-hospital-4
1 2 3 4 5 27,079 reviews Write a review

St Mary's Hospital

Parkhurst Road, Newport, Isle of Wight, England, PO30 5TG

24th April 2018

Have been under Gastro team since 2015. Actually enjoy seeing the Doctors and nurses there. Such a great team who all flow together to give the patients the best they can. Can't fault them, can't praise them enough.

12th April 2018

This was my 4th baby and I was treated with respect and was allowed to make decisions about my labour and birth. I finally had the water birth I had always wished for. The staff were friendly, calm and encouraging. They were professional and attentive and made the experience stress-free. I am extremely grateful.

7th April 2018

I was a very nervous patient, hence having dental surgery under sedation, all the staff were fantastic. The nurse clerking me in (Think her name was Claire) was so comforting, I started crying the moment I sat down (Hard to believe I am a nurse myself). All the staff made me very relaxed including the poor gentleman who had the hard task of my cannulation. Congratulations on having such a fantastic team-Treasure them, they do you proud. 2 Visits this week, 1 for bloods and the other for me teeth-both very positive. Very Very Well Done. Kindest Regards, Michelle Anstee

4th April 2018

CQC ranked St Mary's as 'inadequate' and often gets a bad press. Today I was taken to AE after having a seizure at work and all I can say was that from paramedics, ward staff, radiologist and Dr were all fantastic. Although I hope I never have to return to AE it was a positive experience from start to finish.

3rd April 2018

The care in the day surgery unit was excellent. However my issue is with the management insisting that urology use cheap/poor quality ureteral stents - this was my 3rd in 5 1/2 months because the previous 2 had not lasted the distance. Fortunately Mr Ochai was able to secure some better quality stents for me. Using cheap stents is a false economy for both the NHS and myself. As a result of the stents not lasting I had several periods when I did not feel well enough to work and hence was not contributing to HMRC and my quality of life was seriously impacted. And there is the extra cost of 2 extra operations.