queen-elizabeth-hospital-1
1 2 3 4 5 119,812 reviews Write a review

Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Gayton Road, King's Lynn, Norfolk, England, PE30 4ET

22nd April 2018

Underwent investigatory surgery as an outpatient. Unaware that the surgeon was not to be the consultant I saw. The antibiotics were supposed to be given two hours before the operation. I doubt that this was the case. The patients copy of paperwork I was given was incomplete and written so that much was unreadable - what is the point of having blank and unreadable forms? Supposed to be a follow up after three months this hasn’t happened yet and when we ring no one answers. Dying doesn’t worry me but coming into this hospitality does!

9th April 2018

Spinal Clinic - The waiting room was clean and comfortable. My appointment was only two minutes over time. I was made very welcome by the specialist, who had a good listening ear. Everything was explained in detail and made understandable to me. I came away feeling happy with a further and more complete understanding of my condition, and was informed of my next line of treatment. It was a pleasing experience!

Hand hygiene

Clear Information

Time to talk

Informed discharge
28th March 2018

It depended on who it was to whether you got treated with dignity. Men should have male nurses looking after them when not able to do anything. I did not appreciate being joked about by female nurses! Patients should be able to get washed properly with soap and water. Staff and doctors should listen to next of kin and spouses about meds and treatment that they've been having for many years especially when it was obvious that no staff new anything about my condition and what I needed! What was the problem with letting my wife help me more like cleaning and changing or whatever needed she should have not kept having to be sent out for me to be degraded and joked about by female nurses, should be male nurses with male patients. Involving families more instead of sending them out every time someone wanted to do anything when I wanted my wife there. More training on giving appropriate medication to patients with long standing life threatening conditions (as its my wife who knows more about me and what I should and should not be having). I thought the patient at least would be told what was wrong with them and what injuries I sustained but I was not told anything and had to find out after months of agony, and finding out you nearly finished me off by giving me very wrong things that have sent my bloods dangerously high which I'm still battling to right with not much help from medical professionals that keep prescribing me medications that could make my conditions worse and can also kill me.

12th February 2018

My doctor is Smita Gunda has helped me understand the kidney disease which I was diagnosed with last spring. Doctor Gunda has explained about all the drugs and side effects which has put my mind at ease. She has always been very polite and professional. The queen elizabeth kidney department really do need another doctor to share the work load.

11th November 2017