queen-elizabeth-hospital-1

Gayton Road, King's Lynn, Norfolk, England, PE30 4ET

Contact Information

Involved Discharge
29th March 2017

Under-staffed but the staff did their utmost to make up for it - they were delightful

Addressing fears

Privacy

Pain Control
24th March 2017

I received an appointment after 2 weeks of being referred, and had my procedure a week later. The hospital was clean, with hand washing facilities, and all staff were polite, professional and informative, making my experience satisfactory.

21st March 2017

I am absolutely disgusted with the care I received whilst in entering maternity to be induced my consultant wrote on my notes he wanted me to be induced with artificial rupture of the membranes but the midwife choose to do it differently because i saw the midwife after consutant and i would like to know how a midwife over rules what a consultant says. I then started with contractions and when I was around 5cm dilated I was stuck on the bed the whole way through my labour when I wanted to be mobile. I had been telling midwifes I thought that my baby was back to back all said no until I was nearly 7cm and I asked for more pain relief. I was giving pethidine for the pain when the nurse came to check my date of birth they got that wrong I had to tell them. Upon delivery of my baby she was born sideways and they got my partner to press the alarms all these people came rushing in and I wasn't informed about why I needed iv fluid and a cather put in. After finishing my sticking which the midwife did she then sent me for a bath I was helped to the bath but left in there. We were informed wed be transferred to Castle acre ward was still waiting 4 hours later with a blood stained bed and dirty blood bedding on the floor. The whole time was there it was disgusting. The care on castle acre was ok to say the best I was trying to breastfeed my newborn I asked for formula a few times and told no there was no support there. Was told I'd be discharged around 11am was still waiting at 8pm one midwife stayed on to get us discharged otherwise it would have been gone midnight. The whole thing was down to negligence and no care. I want a copy of my birth record including my delivery information. I will take this further if I need to i am absolutely disgusted and would not recommend your maternity treatment to anyone.

12th March 2017

Experienced a homebirth served by the midwifery team at Queen Elizabeth, the support and care was excellent from the moment i became pregnant to discharge with our baby boy at 10 days old. Our midwives on the day were amazing and we had a very happy experience in the comfort of our own home. In the following days the support was incredible, including regular visits to help with feeding and always on the phone 24 hours a day with practical and helpful advice. Would definitely recommend home birth with Queen Elizabeth midwives!!!!

pain levels

Mood

Activities
8th March 2017

The disabled parking bays are very limited, and usually full. It is a very long way from the main car park to the pain clinic, and when a person is of very limited mobility it is VERY difficult to make ones way from the car park to the clinic. The volunteers are very limited with the availability of wheelchairs, meaning there is often a queue for wheelchairs, and if an out-patient is not aware of this, and haven't allowed an extra 30 minutes before their appointment, that patient will be late for the appointment. There is an area near the West Wing entrance that could be converted to much needed disabled parking spaces. Please consider taking action on this.