Charing Cross Hospital

Fulham Palace Road, London, England, W6 8RF

Written by a NHS patient
25th February 2021

High class Drs, very kind nurses and excellent front desk staff.

30th December 2020

Exceptional service and would highly recommend. I felt reassured and happy that diagnosis would be made. Thanking Dr Roe for all.

15th August 2020

It’s a large LONDON teaching hospital. Friendly, welcoming. Efficient & effective service.

29th July 2020

I was reassured during difficult times that my care would go ahead. I was seen promptly and on time. Staff wore PPE and kept on doing their daily jobs in a professional and friendly manner - from the MRIs, biopsys to the ink staining. I am very grateful to the Charing Cross team. Orla O’Neill is a stand out nurse.

9th July 2020

I was treated at this hospital and the care, attention and all the staff were wonderful. I felt reassured always that I was in the very best hands.

5th July 2020

Generally a massive improvement in frontline morale since 2003-7 when I last had breast surgery and various treatments (broken bones and sprains). The only downfall is in communications- sometimes doubled up and a waste of everyone's time. Sometimes inadequate. Great care, almost everyone is pleasant, helpful, respectful. In Oncology- Chemotherapy- some gaps in communication that could easily be filled. 1}Post portacath insertion: Called Cancer Support After Hrs a week after as rash developed. They sent me to A&E. A&E said they had no experience of dealing with this. Turns out I should have been told to take the bandages off after 2 days. They said no experience of the portacath 2}Wounds drain bottle: I ended up in A&E at midnight as I pulled the tube out. Staff had to go to the ward to get instructions (not given to me post surgery) , which are missing one small bit of info: how to refit the tube (twist.not push). Both small things but unnecessary waste of everyone's time, and stressful for me. Understandable as all are busy..but a written checklist of things to tell patients post each procedure rather than relying on memory , and a review of written instructions, would bear fruit.

7th March 2020

Really great hospital. Not too big so easy to find your way. All the medical and non medical staff is amazing and super helpful. I have been treated for cancer at this hospital. All the ward (clinic 8, breast clinic, imagerie, Surgery, day care chemotherapy and radiotherapy) are amazing. The A&E is a bit too slow and not really efficient but overall ok. The NHS is great, we are lucky to have them, thanks a lot

{{category}} working at Charing Cross Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Charing Cross Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3vp