Charing Cross Hospital

Fulham Palace Road, London, England, W6 8RF

30th May 2021

Overall, Charing Cross is a very good hospital. I had a bad experience at the A&E, where I was told I am not ill enough and should wait for my wound to get infected before I can see a doctor. I spent 40 minutes speaking to a range of nurses and support staff, before seeing a doctor for 5 minutes and getting the treatment I needed. The triage system is, in my view, a complete waste of time and resources. If the small army of triage nurses was replaced by one or two doctors, patients were seen first come first served, and the waiting times were announced on a clearly visible panel in the waiting room, all patients would be seen faster by the specialist they need to see, rather than waste time talking to people whose only job seems to be to persuade patients they should suffer at home and come back when their condition is much worse and requires much more time and much more money to be treated. Focus on prevention is completely lacking, which is an NHS-wide problem, not just at Charing Cross.

Safe
29th March 2021

Thank you to the staff and doctors at Charring Cross, every one was brilliant.

19th March 2021

Very, very happy with my experience at Charing Cross. I was seen rapidly, and regularly, in Covid-safe conditions, and the whole team were caring and professional. My only quibble (with the receipt of timely information) is that I was never able to get emails regarding appointments. I would receive a text message, but would always have to chase for the follow-up email. The hospital had my email address, so not sure what the problem was. It's only a minor thing, but could have done without it at an already stressful time. However, the quality of care - which is what matters, obviously - was exceptional.

25th February 2021

High class Drs, very kind nurses and excellent front desk staff.

30th December 2020

Exceptional service and would highly recommend. I felt reassured and happy that diagnosis would be made. Thanking Dr Roe for all.

15th August 2020

It’s a large LONDON teaching hospital. Friendly, welcoming. Efficient & effective service.

29th July 2020

I was reassured during difficult times that my care would go ahead. I was seen promptly and on time. Staff wore PPE and kept on doing their daily jobs in a professional and friendly manner - from the MRIs, biopsys to the ink staining. I am very grateful to the Charing Cross team. Orla O’Neill is a stand out nurse.

9th July 2020

I was treated at this hospital and the care, attention and all the staff were wonderful. I felt reassured always that I was in the very best hands.

5th July 2020

Generally a massive improvement in frontline morale since 2003-7 when I last had breast surgery and various treatments (broken bones and sprains). The only downfall is in communications- sometimes doubled up and a waste of everyone's time. Sometimes inadequate. Great care, almost everyone is pleasant, helpful, respectful. In Oncology- Chemotherapy- some gaps in communication that could easily be filled. 1}Post portacath insertion: Called Cancer Support After Hrs a week after as rash developed. They sent me to A&E. A&E said they had no experience of dealing with this. Turns out I should have been told to take the bandages off after 2 days. They said no experience of the portacath 2}Wounds drain bottle: I ended up in A&E at midnight as I pulled the tube out. Staff had to go to the ward to get instructions (not given to me post surgery) , which are missing one small bit of info: how to refit the tube (twist.not push). Both small things but unnecessary waste of everyone's time, and stressful for me. Understandable as all are busy..but a written checklist of things to tell patients post each procedure rather than relying on memory , and a review of written instructions, would bear fruit.

{{category}} working at Charing Cross Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Charing Cross Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3vp