Woodingdean Medical Centre

Warren Road, Woodingdean, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 6BA

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

13th March 2019

Impossible to book an appointment as you must call at 0830 only! If you work and/or have children to get to school this is impossible. You can’t book advance appointments. Only on the day and if it’s not an emergency you have no chance. Add to that the issue of being unable to take a child out of school for a GP appointment and you have no chance of seeing a doctor. Unless you lie and say it’s an emergency! Even then it’s limited.

13th March 2019

Trying to get an appointment out of school hours is impossible particularly if you need to see a female dr. Two months of trying and still nothing. Currently trying to move to a new surgery.

11th January 2019

I have been a patient with this practice for over a year and I have never been able to book an appointment with my registered doctor. The surgery provides a very limited service compared to my last surgery. This surgery is in a prodominatly elderly area thus struggles with patients misusing the practice. Appointments can only be made on the day from 8:30 in the morning and are usually all taken by 9:00. You CAN NOT book advanced appointments. They do offer emergency appointments however if its a emergency I would go to a hospital. When making appointments be advised it takes between 10 to 20 minutes to get through to a receptionist. If your lucky the receptionist might suggest you seeing another doctor at the practice that day if your doctor is booked up which mine always is. Although from my experience I strongly don't recommend this, as the doctor you might see doesn't read up your medical file beforehand and behaves more like a proscription vending machine. That's not a doctor that's a pharmacist. A lot of pharmacist can write proscriptions now, please don't misuse the practise. The surgery has no walk in appointments services and offers no medical services over the weekend. Yes it's a busy surgery however that is because it provides a outdated appointment booking system. This surgery is only sutible for the elderly and the unemployed as working people would not be able to book advanced appointments around their working commitments.

8th January 2019

It is just so difficult to get an appointment at this surgery. I needed to book an appointment for my 4 year old who is unwell but not unwell enough to warrant a trip to A&E. I called at 8.30am to book an appointment only to be told by a machine that the lines were at maximum capacity and I needed to call back later, at which point the machine hangs up. Several more attempts and I finally got through to be told that all the appointments are gone and I need to try tomorrow. Awful patient care.

20th November 2018

I have been a patient with this surgery for several years now and cannot fault the care I have received. I have always been able to get an appointment with a Dr. when needed and when phoning I've always found the Receptionists very helpful. Some while ago I was stung by a wasp which turned a bit red swollen with pus. I popped into my local chemist and queried if it was o.k. They said I should go to my Drs straight away. This I did and on explaining to reception I was seen by Dr Janet Wilson who is lovely, I was given a course of antibiotics as it had become infected. Since then I have needed the Dr a few times with health problems and have always found them great whichever Dr. I have seen. Dr Janet Wilson Dr Darren Emillianus and Dr Marion Smith have looked after me well. The Reception staff are also very good friendly and helpful.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

{{category}} working at Woodingdean Medical Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Woodingdean Medical Centre: http://iwgc.net/ejg3b