Woodingdean Medical Centre

Warren Road, Woodingdean, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 6BA

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

20th November 2018

I have been a patient with this surgery for several years now and cannot fault the care I have received. I have always been able to get an appointment with a Dr. when needed and when phoning I've always found the Receptionists very helpful. Some while ago I was stung by a wasp which turned a bit red swollen with pus. I popped into my local chemist and queried if it was o.k. They said I should go to my Drs straight away. This I did and on explaining to reception I was seen by Dr Janet Wilson who is lovely, I was given a course of antibiotics as it had become infected. Since then I have needed the Dr a few times with health problems and have always found them great whichever Dr. I have seen. Dr Janet Wilson Dr Darren Emillianus and Dr Marion Smith have looked after me well. The Reception staff are also very good friendly and helpful.

3rd September 2018

I am currently undergoing tests and treatment, the latest being a blood test. The nurse told me to make an appointment to see the doctor in two weeks. Some hope! I'm told by the receptionist that there are no advance appointments at all, so why was I told to book one? If you try to get an appointment on the day, it's frustrating to telephone as it's nearly always engaged. On the rare occasion you get through, the receptionist asks what is the trouble! Very unprofessional particularly if it's something that should be private. Having said that, the doctors are excellent, at least the two I have seen lately, (If the reception does allow you to see a doctor, you'd be lucky to see one you have seen before). I shall try to find another practise that will take me on, even if I have to travel to get there.

9th August 2018

My special thanks to Peta who has taken blood from me this morning. She is very professional and friendly. I told her I was afraid of needles but she made very comfortable for me and she has done it quickly and pain free. My wife also had Peta take blood from her in the past and she was great again. We can’t recommend Peta enough and anyone who have her doing a produce on them are very lucky. I am surprised with low ratings as we have always been able to speak to reception every time we called. We have always been able to see the doctor the same day! The surgery is clean, tidy and well ventilated. Overall, I would definitely recommend this surgery to anyone.

17th May 2018

I walked into the surgery at opening time for an appointment that day. The receptionist told me that I probably had an allergy !!! Please do not say things like that if you are only a receptionist - it is not helpful. I was given an appointment which then involved two referrals to hospital departments, another appointment being booked at the surgery for two days later, and a further blood and other tests a week later. I was very impressed with the service and the friendliness, and the professionalism of the doctors, the phlebotomist, and the practice nurse. I felt well looked after and that I wasn't wasting the surgery's time. I would just like to say again, that being told by a receptionist what they think is wrong with you, and getting it totally incorrect, is not at all professional or helpful. Having said that, all the other reception staff I have seen in the past two weeks have been lovely.

22nd March 2018

The surgery where you can never get an appointment ! Why can't we book appointments in advance like we used to ? I work a zero hour contract so if i take the day off i don't get paid and then 9 times out of 10 after you've taken the day off , 5 minutes after 8.30 there's not appointments left.....soooooo frustrating. Just walked into the surgery at 5 minutes past 3 and it's medical emergencies only ....short of doctors . No online appointments for 2 weeks !!! I hate to be rude to anybody but this is beyond a joke.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

{{category}} working at Woodingdean Medical Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Woodingdean Medical Centre: http://iwgc.net/ejg3b