Woodingdean Medical Centre

Warren Road, Woodingdean, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 6BA

« 1 2 3 4 »

22nd March 2018

The surgery where you can never get an appointment ! Why can't we book appointments in advance like we used to ? I work a zero hour contract so if i take the day off i don't get paid and then 9 times out of 10 after you've taken the day off , 5 minutes after 8.30 there's not appointments left.....soooooo frustrating. Just walked into the surgery at 5 minutes past 3 and it's medical emergencies only ....short of doctors . No online appointments for 2 weeks !!! I hate to be rude to anybody but this is beyond a joke.

21st March 2018

the surgery where if you call 1 minute after the telephone lines open you can give up on booking an appointment. trying to book an appointment with a GP is equivalent to playing the lottery: every time you call you hope that maybe today may be the day.

25th January 2018

I am a new patient on my 1st visit to reception I found the receptionist very polite and helpful to all patients waiting to see Doctors and answering phone calls too I was very impressed as it was very busy A week later reception confirmed my notes had arrived and repeat presciptions in place . Dr Wilson also phoned me to discuss my ongoing treatments I am very pleased with the care and support given thank you

Rating not given.

1st October 2017

I have just joined the surgery and on the face of it , it is modern and uses technology very well, more of that later, I have been twice ,and both of those appointments were due to me on the first occasion going in the centre and getting a cancellation slot the next day , the other was by phoning on the day and getting an afternoon appointment all that is really good and the staff are brilliant. However, on my first visit I was not issued the prescription I asked for and thought I was getting, and the second time the same thing happened , in fact I was issued tablets that clearly state on my records I can not take.i am am registered online so I thought I would explain and order the correct tablets through that process,which the centre have set up for easy access, I have done this 3 times and it's seems to have gone into a black hole, I am annoyed as I feel it's due to the cost of these tablets, and I am also frustrated that I have contributed not insurance for 40 years and now I am 60 I don't pay but can't get the medication that works for me. That said the surgery is ultra modern and had a massive catchment area which will make it difficult to get an appointment so online is always a better option if you can do it.

26th September 2017

The staff from the reception to the nurses and physicians are generally helpful on face to face encounters. However communications by e mail addressed to a doctor through the practice address are not acknowledged or replied to the sender. Requests for repeat prescriptions are done fast and efficient and the liaison with the pharmacies are good,.However, any request for an acute prescription is being ignored without warning so a person who needs something urgently and cannot see a doctor soon enough or feels that the matter can be solved by a one off prescription ,that person is let down when in need.Waiting times for regular appointments are 3 weeks but emergency appointments are offered same day at 8.a.m or 3p.m.So don't faint or bleed at midday or you will have to go to A@E

« 1 2 3 4 »