Woodingdean Medical Centre

Warren Road, Woodingdean, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 6BA

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

17th May 2018

I walked into the surgery at opening time for an appointment that day. The receptionist told me that I probably had an allergy !!! Please do not say things like that if you are only a receptionist - it is not helpful. I was given an appointment which then involved two referrals to hospital departments, another appointment being booked at the surgery for two days later, and a further blood and other tests a week later. I was very impressed with the service and the friendliness, and the professionalism of the doctors, the phlebotomist, and the practice nurse. I felt well looked after and that I wasn't wasting the surgery's time. I would just like to say again, that being told by a receptionist what they think is wrong with you, and getting it totally incorrect, is not at all professional or helpful. Having said that, all the other reception staff I have seen in the past two weeks have been lovely.

22nd March 2018

The surgery where you can never get an appointment ! Why can't we book appointments in advance like we used to ? I work a zero hour contract so if i take the day off i don't get paid and then 9 times out of 10 after you've taken the day off , 5 minutes after 8.30 there's not appointments left.....soooooo frustrating. Just walked into the surgery at 5 minutes past 3 and it's medical emergencies only ....short of doctors . No online appointments for 2 weeks !!! I hate to be rude to anybody but this is beyond a joke.

21st March 2018

the surgery where if you call 1 minute after the telephone lines open you can give up on booking an appointment. trying to book an appointment with a GP is equivalent to playing the lottery: every time you call you hope that maybe today may be the day.

25th January 2018

I am a new patient on my 1st visit to reception I found the receptionist very polite and helpful to all patients waiting to see Doctors and answering phone calls too I was very impressed as it was very busy A week later reception confirmed my notes had arrived and repeat presciptions in place . Dr Wilson also phoned me to discuss my ongoing treatments I am very pleased with the care and support given thank you

Rating not given.

1st October 2017

I have just joined the surgery and on the face of it , it is modern and uses technology very well, more of that later, I have been twice ,and both of those appointments were due to me on the first occasion going in the centre and getting a cancellation slot the next day , the other was by phoning on the day and getting an afternoon appointment all that is really good and the staff are brilliant. However, on my first visit I was not issued the prescription I asked for and thought I was getting, and the second time the same thing happened , in fact I was issued tablets that clearly state on my records I can not take.i am am registered online so I thought I would explain and order the correct tablets through that process,which the centre have set up for easy access, I have done this 3 times and it's seems to have gone into a black hole, I am annoyed as I feel it's due to the cost of these tablets, and I am also frustrated that I have contributed not insurance for 40 years and now I am 60 I don't pay but can't get the medication that works for me. That said the surgery is ultra modern and had a massive catchment area which will make it difficult to get an appointment so online is always a better option if you can do it.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »