East Cliff Practice

Montefiore Medical Centre, Dumpton Park Drive, Ramsgate, Kent, CT11 8AD

Also known as: Mildmay, Addington, Montefiore

20th June 2017

I have been trying to get to the bottom of my fertility issues as my husband and i have been trying to conceive for a couple of years now with no luck. The first appointment i was told i had depression which i do not but after pushing the issue i was given blood tests. These came back abnormal but was told by the dr that they were fine (i requested my own copy which i later read to say to assess the cardiovascular risk with patient). This was not once mentioned and i have heart problems in my family. I was told in my second appointment that i would be sent for a scan, that was back around March time and I still haven't had an appointment. Because i wasn't getting anywhere with this drs surgery i decided to have a break from the drs but i am still unable to conceive and at 30 years old it is very upsetting to not be able to get any help for this and to basically be ignored. I did email the practice manager and was told that all of my issues had been dealt with correctly; i really don't agree with this as i am still without a diagnosis.

2nd June 2017

Had to bring my anxious Mum in for a blood test. She has had some traumatic experiences in the past as she has little or no visible veins apparently,and usually goes home covered in bruises but unsuccessful blood tests so she gets very upset and worried whenever a blood test is suggested.She was dreading today's blood test and so was I. Today we were treated by a lovely woman called Louise who really listened to our fears and past experiences and assured Mum she would do her best to make it as pain free as possible. She was so friendly and made us both laugh and relax. Moments later she said "all done" We couldn't believe it! She got the blood so quickly and Mum said she didn't feel a thing. Mum was so happy and said she won't forget her name for next time. Your staff are amazing, we love this surgery. Thanks for making what is normally a stressful visit so relaxed and reassuring. Mum is so happy she has no bruise!

19th June 2017
Response from East Cliff Practice

Thank you for your positive comments which we have fed back to Louise. East Cliff Practice

2nd June 2017

I am very happy with the care provided here, especially by Dr McPherson, but trying to get an appointment can be frustrating. I can see an easy way to improve this: when you telephone instead of having to keep dialing the number over and over for up to 30 mins hoping to strike lucky you should be put on a queue and told your place in that queue. I don't think this would be too difficult to implement and would be a much fairer less stressful system.

19th June 2017
Response from East Cliff Practice

Thank you for the positive review of the care you receive at the Practice. We are sorry to hear about your frustrations with the telephone system which we share. A replacement system represents a significant cost for the Practice but it is one we are committed to making. We are currently in discussions with a number of neighbouring Practices about jointly purchasing a replacement system which should deliver an improved experience at a reduced cost. East Cliff Practice

25th May 2017

So fed up with this surgery, you have to be dead, unemployed or an oap to get an appointment! People that work cant get early morning apps as they book 2 weeks in advance, when you do get an appointment it's usually an emergency appointment, that you can only discuss one problem in over a 5 minute period! I came in last week saw a person early in the morning because a cancellation happened to appear got given some antibiotics, which did nothing because i ended up in A&E 2 days later to be told that because of my weight the dose should have been doubled, rung up on the 24/05 to book an appointment for the following morning, again offered an emergency appointment then told to ring up 1st thing to get early appointment to be told as I said in the beginning 2 week wait so looks like another trip to A&E tonight! ABSOLUTE JOKE!!!!!

19th June 2017
Response from East Cliff Practice

Thank you for your feedback. We were sorry to read of your recent experiences. As a Practice we offer significantly more appointments than the national average for a GP surgery, however the demand for appointments continues to grow. We are introducing a number of new initiatives to manage this demand, including offering telephone consultations for those patients who do not need to have a face to face appointment, which we expect will free up more appointments for those who do need to see a doctor. We are also planning on introducing a dedicated service for patients who need an "on the day" appointment. If you are unhappy with any aspect of the care you have received, we would always encourage you to make contact with the Practice Manager to enable us to investigate and address the matter properly. East Cliff Practice

3rd May 2017

Unhappy with the treatment from my GP since joining, when putting in a complaint on 10th April I expected the practice manager to reply to me and acknowledge my complaint within their complaints procedure (3 days). I have called and followed up but still NO contact from the practice. Disgusting behavior!!

15th May 2017
Response from East Cliff Practice

Thank you for your comments. We were very sorry to learn of your concerns and trust you have received and were satisfied with the response sent from the Practice. Please accept our sincere apologizes for the fact that your complaint was not acknowledged in accordance with our published standards. We are reviewing our complaints procedure and will ensure this is addressed accordingly. Should you remain unhappy with any aspect of the Practice please do make contact directly with our Practice Manager, Gerald Bassett. East Cliff Practice