East Cliff Practice

Montefiore Medical Centre, Dumpton Park Drive, Ramsgate, Kent, CT11 8AD

Also known as: Mildmay, Addington, Montefiore

3rd September 2018

I have for the last year been bringing my aunt to her appts following concerns about her health. From then until now I have found the receptionists nurses and her GP Dr Pick extremely helpful. She has since had a diagnosis of mixed dementia and sadly is currently undergoing other medical issues. I have never had a problem getting an appt and the receptionists have always been so helpful . The medical team have refereed and followed up efficiently and promptly and have not had any problems discussing with myself. I am not at this practice and the service they have provided for us has been spot on . I know many people who have problems with surgeries including myself with my own one but I cannot fault this one as far as the care of my aunt has been .

28th August 2018

I find it very hard to get an appointment now I don't even try to get an appointment as it a waste off time , I do feel ill and I just putting up with if get too bad I go to a&e

22nd August 2018

Efficiency is not a forte. Two weeks to wait for the blood test at the surgery, which is more than pitiful. Phone the surgery for the results, then informed that the person that you are requesting the results from, is not medically trained so therefore cannot give them, waste of her and my time the exercise is pointless. Wait a further two weeks or thereabouts to speak to the Doctor, who will convey the test results and any further tests or examinations required, treatment or medication, or say your fine. This is how business's operated 30 years ago, cut the "WASTE", be "LEAN" devise a quality plan, self audit, mitigate or cut out non-value adding activities, add some dynamism to your visibly lethargic staff. The waiting area has the ambience of an undertakers reception. If I managed in business in this fashion, I would have no reputation, the solutions are abundant, without too much compromise, and they are "FREE"!

8th June 2018

I have been a patient for 30 years, and understand that the surgery now caters for so many more patients-however when after 2 weeks of trying to get an appointment, I had to resort to stop the school bus I was driving to try and ring the surgery today, How bad I felt with 16 children waiting for me . I have visited the surgery in person also, but do not appear to fit into the criteria now expected, I .e able to ring on the day, never any appointments available for 2 weeks or 4 weeks in advance and despite working from 7.30 am till 5pm cannot see a doctor on Saturday because I work in Ramsgate. I feel totally exasperated, if it wasn't for the receptionists doing their best to be supportive ,I would have complained to a higher authority. Thank goodness I don't have a serious illness.

29th June 2018
Response from East Cliff Practice

Thank you for taking the time to review our Practice. We are sorry to hear that you have had a problem trying to book an appointment. The demand for appointments is high and growing all the time, and we are taking action to make more appointments available and to direct patients to the most suitable clinician for them to see. We have recently appointed 2 further Nurse Practitioners to support our new Acute Care Team, and will also have a new Clinical Pharmacist jointing us soon. In addition, we have an on going advertisement out for an additional GP (sadly in short supply). There are usually a number of appointments bookable 2 weeks and 4 weeks in advance but these can go very quickly. Unfortunately there was a temporary shortage of pre bookable appointments at the beginning of June when we had to amend the rotas to minimize the impact of a GP leaving the Practice. If you are not already signed up for Patient Access to book your appointments on line, please see our website (eastclifframsgate.nhs.uk) or contact our reception team (01843 855800) for details. We are here to help and sincerely hope the recent changes made to our Clinical Team and to our appointment rotas will make booking appointments easier going forward. East Cliff Practice

29th March 2018

I recently moved into the area and joined this practice. The receptionists were very helpful and informative. I needed to see a doctor urgently and was given an appointment the same day. All the staff are very professional and caring.

23rd May 2018
Response from East Cliff Practice

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to leave a review of the Practice. It is very much appreciated. East Cliff Practice