East Cliff Practice

Montefiore Medical Centre, Dumpton Park Drive, Ramsgate, Kent, CT11 8AD

Also known as: Mildmay, Addington, Montefiore

8th June 2018

I have been a patient for 30 years, and understand that the surgery now caters for so many more patients-however when after 2 weeks of trying to get an appointment, I had to resort to stop the school bus I was driving to try and ring the surgery today, How bad I felt with 16 children waiting for me . I have visited the surgery in person also, but do not appear to fit into the criteria now expected, I .e able to ring on the day, never any appointments available for 2 weeks or 4 weeks in advance and despite working from 7.30 am till 5pm cannot see a doctor on Saturday because I work in Ramsgate. I feel totally exasperated, if it wasn't for the receptionists doing their best to be supportive ,I would have complained to a higher authority. Thank goodness I don't have a serious illness.

29th June 2018
Response from East Cliff Practice

Thank you for taking the time to review our Practice. We are sorry to hear that you have had a problem trying to book an appointment. The demand for appointments is high and growing all the time, and we are taking action to make more appointments available and to direct patients to the most suitable clinician for them to see. We have recently appointed 2 further Nurse Practitioners to support our new Acute Care Team, and will also have a new Clinical Pharmacist jointing us soon. In addition, we have an on going advertisement out for an additional GP (sadly in short supply). There are usually a number of appointments bookable 2 weeks and 4 weeks in advance but these can go very quickly. Unfortunately there was a temporary shortage of pre bookable appointments at the beginning of June when we had to amend the rotas to minimize the impact of a GP leaving the Practice. If you are not already signed up for Patient Access to book your appointments on line, please see our website (eastclifframsgate.nhs.uk) or contact our reception team (01843 855800) for details. We are here to help and sincerely hope the recent changes made to our Clinical Team and to our appointment rotas will make booking appointments easier going forward. East Cliff Practice

29th March 2018

I recently moved into the area and joined this practice. The receptionists were very helpful and informative. I needed to see a doctor urgently and was given an appointment the same day. All the staff are very professional and caring.

23rd May 2018
Response from East Cliff Practice

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to leave a review of the Practice. It is very much appreciated. East Cliff Practice

19th January 2018

7th October 2017

It's a nightmare getting an appointment! I don't see my "registered" Gp so can't book an appointment online with the doctor I usually see. It took me 2 months of ringing everyday do finally get through. This surgery isn't good if you have long term complex health conditions. If however you've got chicken pox or in grown toe nail they're good.

7th September 2017

The main reason for the excellent rating I have given is that one can almost ( 99% ) get an appointment on the required day. The staff doctors , nurses and receptionists are all very pleasant persons. Hearing reports from others about their treatment makes us realize and appreciate this practice. Thank you.