East Cliff Practice

Montefiore Medical Centre, Dumpton Park Drive, Ramsgate, Kent, CT11 8AD

Also known as: Mildmay, Addington, Montefiore

2nd June 2017

I am very happy with the care provided here, especially by Dr McPherson, but trying to get an appointment can be frustrating. I can see an easy way to improve this: when you telephone instead of having to keep dialing the number over and over for up to 30 mins hoping to strike lucky you should be put on a queue and told your place in that queue. I don't think this would be too difficult to implement and would be a much fairer less stressful system.

19th June 2017
Response from East Cliff Practice

Thank you for the positive review of the care you receive at the Practice. We are sorry to hear about your frustrations with the telephone system which we share. A replacement system represents a significant cost for the Practice but it is one we are committed to making. We are currently in discussions with a number of neighbouring Practices about jointly purchasing a replacement system which should deliver an improved experience at a reduced cost. East Cliff Practice

25th May 2017

So fed up with this surgery, you have to be dead, unemployed or an oap to get an appointment! People that work cant get early morning apps as they book 2 weeks in advance, when you do get an appointment it's usually an emergency appointment, that you can only discuss one problem in over a 5 minute period! I came in last week saw a person early in the morning because a cancellation happened to appear got given some antibiotics, which did nothing because i ended up in A&E 2 days later to be told that because of my weight the dose should have been doubled, rung up on the 24/05 to book an appointment for the following morning, again offered an emergency appointment then told to ring up 1st thing to get early appointment to be told as I said in the beginning 2 week wait so looks like another trip to A&E tonight! ABSOLUTE JOKE!!!!!

19th June 2017
Response from East Cliff Practice

Thank you for your feedback. We were sorry to read of your recent experiences. As a Practice we offer significantly more appointments than the national average for a GP surgery, however the demand for appointments continues to grow. We are introducing a number of new initiatives to manage this demand, including offering telephone consultations for those patients who do not need to have a face to face appointment, which we expect will free up more appointments for those who do need to see a doctor. We are also planning on introducing a dedicated service for patients who need an "on the day" appointment. If you are unhappy with any aspect of the care you have received, we would always encourage you to make contact with the Practice Manager to enable us to investigate and address the matter properly. East Cliff Practice

3rd May 2017

Unhappy with the treatment from my GP since joining, when putting in a complaint on 10th April I expected the practice manager to reply to me and acknowledge my complaint within their complaints procedure (3 days). I have called and followed up but still NO contact from the practice. Disgusting behavior!!

15th May 2017
Response from East Cliff Practice

Thank you for your comments. We were very sorry to learn of your concerns and trust you have received and were satisfied with the response sent from the Practice. Please accept our sincere apologizes for the fact that your complaint was not acknowledged in accordance with our published standards. We are reviewing our complaints procedure and will ensure this is addressed accordingly. Should you remain unhappy with any aspect of the Practice please do make contact directly with our Practice Manager, Gerald Bassett. East Cliff Practice

8th March 2017

I have now been in the care of East Cliff Medical Practice, under Dr. Pick for some months now and have had a fantastic experience with them. The reception staff are always diligent, professional, work quickly and effectively and always do so with a smile. Dr. Pick is a brilliant professional who has helped me over come my various medical difficulties with his great expertise and caring nature. Other NHS establishments I have been with do not compare in standards to this practice! Thank you to all the staff, especially Dr. Pick for providing great care and being extremely professional.

10th March 2017
Response from East Cliff Practice

Thank you for taking the time to give such positive feedback to East Cliff Practice, and in particular Dr Pick. It is very much appreciated by all the team.

Rating not given.

3rd February 2017

Dr John is fantastic! The gate keepers on the other hand are a disgrace! They are keeping me waiting for acute medication and will not give me an appointment to speed it up! They are an absolute disgrace.

8th February 2017
Response from East Cliff Practice

Thank you for your kind remark regarding Dr John Neden. We are sorry that you felt other members of staff had not responded satisfactory. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact our Practice Manager Mr Gerald Bassett.