Ashdown Forest Health Centre

Lewes Road, Forest Row, E Sussex, England, RH18 5AQ

Dr SA Miller & Partners

13th September 2016

the new telephone system does not work for any one with additional needs. I am blind and do not drive. I rely on other to help me make appointments and get me to the surgery. I have telephone 4 times today in order to make an appointment. after hanging on the telephone for over 20 minutes on each occasion ( a call for which I will have to pay!) I was still unable to get an appointment. I rang @ 8.30am and no one anserwed the telephone it just keep ringing- seems no one had turned on your telephones!!I spoke to a receptionist at 11.12am this morning to be told there were no appointments and would need to ring back on Friday @ 8.30am . I telephone again @ 11.32 to try again to be told that I need to ring again today but after 1.30!!!! why was I not told this when I spoke to someone at 11am? Why are the staff so unhelpful bordering on rude? I need an appointment , would like to see the doctors I saw before who ordered all my test, I have been told I need to come into the surgery to speak to a doctors about the results but i am unable to make an appointment. Lets hope the results are not saving that I could die tomorrow as I would still be awaiting for an appointment.

10th September 2016

Your appointment system needs to be changed urgently.I have tried for a month to see my doctor with an on going problem.I have been told I cannot book in advance to see Dr.Beasley even though I was prepared to wait 4 weeks.Told to book on the day, as you can never get through on the day I drove down to be 2nd in the queue at 8.30 when they opened.I was then told by the receptionist all his appointments had gone, 4 were booked on line.What happened to the other appointments for the rest of the time, if you cannot book in advance? What about older people to do not use a computer.I was booked with Dr.Cannon arriving 5 minutes early for my appointment no body went in or came out of her room, but I was left waiting for 40 minutes. This made me late for work I also work in health and had people booked in who I Always see on time.My consultation was less than two minutes. How can it be right to treat people this way.I would also like to point out that at the age of 70 still working having contributed to the NHS for a lifetime this is not a free service.

2nd September 2016

The doctors are wonderful but the booking system - or the ability to get bookings - is very poor, which impacts in turn on the receptionists whose unfortunate job it is to deal with patients trying to get bookings. I am sure my experience this morning is not untypical - going online at 6.50 am to find only one appointment during the whole day for any doctor, which had gone by the time I checked if I could make it. Then I was on the phone for 30 mins from surgery opening at 8.30 am only to be told when I finally got through that there were no appointments left for the day. I realise what underlies this is the universal NHS problem of inexorable demand meeting more or less fixed supply. Yet there is something wrong when it's easier to get your dog an appointment at the vet than it is for you to see a doctor when you need to.

1st September 2016

I have been a patient of this surgery for 22 years and was surprised to read negative reviews about Reception staff and difficulty obtaining an appointment. I think the surgery operates an excellent system that enables one to telephone when the surgery opens in the morning and obtain a same day appointment. Granted it may not be with a particular Dr. of your choice but they are all more than competent and qualified and at least one gets an appointment that day, which, if the need is urgent, is surely the objective. Also I've always found the Reception staff to be courteous and understanding in what must be quite a stressful job.

11th August 2016

The service of this GP is shocking. Over the last 9 years I have been coming here, the service is definitely at its worst - and even by their good standards they were pretty bad. I've been trying for over a week (11 days) to get an appointment after work due to a serious/urgent problem I need to get medical attention for, it isn't quite worth wasting A&E's time and would like to see a GP who knows me and the issue at hand. Alas, this surgery can't even offer me a phone call. The receptionists have been nothing but rude and arrogant, and have absolutely no idea on how to manage a situation with a customer who is angry and distressed. Over my last 9 years of being a patient here, I have seen my assigned GP around 3 times. Baring in mind I've been to this surgery a lot regarding a respiratory condition I have which requires frequent appointments - I never see the same doctor regarding my issue. Whenever I have a 'follow up' I end up repeating everything I said to the last doctor and getting a completely different outcome. Its confusing and completely unsettling. On many, many occasions over the last 9 years, I have struggled to get appointments at this surgery. This has been echoed today, when the receptionists tell me to 'just take a day off work' - I can't afford to, I'm tight on my money to pay my rent, I can't afford to take time off to come to your surgery. There is never any evening appointments, there is never any morning appointments. And when you do get an appointment you usually wait an added extra of 40/50 minutes to see your doctor who will rush you in and out within a matter of 5 minutes. When offered a saturday morning service, I was then told I wouldn't be able to do the weekend coming I'd have to wait until the following week to get my urgent situation seen to. In the end I called another surgery to ask for their assistance and they were nothing but compliant and helping to take a patient who was greatly distressed and put me at ease in their service.

Doctors working at Ashdown Forest Health Centre