Ashdown Forest Health Centre

Lewes Road, Forest Row, E Sussex, England, RH18 5AQ

Dr SA Miller & Partners

19th January 2017

The nurse I saw today, 19th January 2017, was not very receptive when I advised that I bruise easily when I have blood taken. Previously a lovely nurse said she would use a thinner needle and I have been advised by a hospital nurse that really, there is no reason to bruise if bloods are taken correctly. Today the nurse I saw said "you'll be all right" and carried on with her original needle. As soon as she removed the needle I knew there would be bruising. In fact I now have blood all over my pink jumper. I wish people would listen and NOT presume they know best.

18th January 2017

My Wife and I visited from the Mayfield Practice in order to get the necessary Vaccinations for an up and coming Holiday. We cannot praise enough the help and advice we received from Sue, the practice nurse, who went out of her way to ensure that everything was promptly dealt with. She was most efficient and helpful as was the reception. Thanks so much for a great service. The Hopes

1st December 2016

It would appear that the receptionists at this practice have been instructed to make it as difficult as possible to make an appointment to see a doctor. My wife is under the care of a doctor at the Princess Royal Hospital and if she gets a chest infection she has been told to see her doctor at the Ashdown Forest Health Centre as soon as possible. Try getting past the receptionist first! My wife had to ask to speak to the practice manager in order to get an emergency appointment. She was then prescribed antibiotics and the doctor was extremely concerned about her health. My own experience is no better. I have regular blood tests and have to see a doctor a week later in order to get a prescription. The receptionist was argumentative and obstructive - all I wanted was an appointment for the following week! Eventually she rang the practice manager who said that it was not a problem to book the appointment.

25th November 2016

I feel listen to and heard. I appreciate the feedback and information I receive. I find them a wonderful team of professionals. Always have.

14th November 2016

As a younger person, I felt a little intimidated by the receptionist, who seemed annoyed that I was calling and when given the decision on wether I needed a same day appointment or one in around 3 days, didn't help me and even when I said I'm not sure, she said she wasn't medically trained- which I understand, but it doesn't mean she can't recommend.