Mr Stephen Walsh

Mr Walsh is a fully accredited Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon and the Lead Clinician for Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust - St Richards Hospital Chichester and Worthing Hospital, as well as the Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital. He specialises in surgery of the face, mouth and head and neck and the management of the many conditions that may affect patients in these areas and is on the General Medical Councils Specialist List for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (6028502) as well as being fully registered with the General Dental Council (68500) and on the specialist list for Oral Surgery.

• Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

12th July 2018
Written by a patient at The Chichester Nuffield Hospital

Having had a bad experience with my own dentist attempting to extract a wisdom tooth, I was terrified to have a second impacted wisdom tooth taken out, which was the reason I went to Mr Walsh. He put my mind at rest and assured me I would feel no pain, and that he could extract the tooth within fifteen seconds! I placed my trust in him, and that is exactly what he did. He gave me three injections which were tolerable, waited for a few minutes, then applied pressure and explained to me what the cracking noises were - my tooth being loosened, not my jaw breaking! The tooth came out immediately and it was all over. I was very tense, and the nurse held my hand. So quick. No pain. Mr Walsh put a dissolving stitch in and I was able to go home. Everyone was so kind to me. I would definitely recommend him to anyone as he made me feel I was in safe hands.

17th December 2017
Written by a patient at St Richard's Hospital

Absolutely professional straight talking easy to talk and listen to Put me at ease straight away and guided me through the procedure before and after surgery Felt I was in safe hands from the start of finding out I had cancer What a gentleman

3rd August 2017
Written by a patient at St Richard's Hospital

Mr WALSH, you are an amazing surgeon and an amazing person. In your own words yesterday 2 August 2017, you informed me "my procedure for tooth extraction would be very difficult" we both know that was true. I trust you implicitly and your professional attitude along with your sense of humour makes me feel very safe and cared for. Your Nurse was also very lovely and encouraging. Thankyou so much, as this is the third extraction you have performed for me, there is no one I would trust more. Regards Wendy Beadman

4th March 2017
Written by a patient at St Richard's Hospital

I started off as an NHS patient referred to Mr Walsh for a local wide excision on my face, following the positive biopsy result for melanoma. Mr Walsh made himself available pre-surgery and listened to my concerns and as a result custom tailored my surgery. Post-surgery I made the decision to see Mr Walsh privately for my quarterly check ups which he kindly agreed to. He continues to make me feel he has my "back" at all times. He is a top, top man.

2nd March 2017
Written by a patient at St Richard's Hospital

I met Mr Walsh at St Richards in Chichester MFU dept a follow up appointment for results at a stressful time for me. ..he had a very pleasant manner, I felt comfortable and confident with his abilities. He listened to me and made eye contact, which made me feel he cared about helping me and that I was not a hindrance. ...thank you. ..

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »