Mr Shabbir Poonawala

Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon

« 1 2 3 4 »

10th July 2016
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

When first diagnosed with breast cancer, I was launched onto a path of uncertainty and experienced a host of different emotions, fears and concerns. I was fortunate though- I was placed under the care of Mr Poonawala and his team at the Breast Centre, Clatterbridge Hospital. I have been guided and helped on that path right from the start by the radiographers, ward staff, specialist and wound nurses with practical and emotional support, understanding, knowledge and outstanding care. Mr Poonawala is an exceptional Consultant. He is attentive, caring and considerate and strives to achieve the very best outcome for you both clinically and aesthetically with great expertise. Mr Poonawala, you are a very special man-thank you. Stella Duncan

24th July 2016
Response from Mr Shabbir Poonawala

Thank you very much Stella for your very positive feedback. I shall pass on your comments to the whole team who work together to give all our patients and their families the best possible care and outcome.

9th April 2016
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

Mr Poonawala has looked after me for over 5 years now and has always listened carefully to my needs , both my surgeries and after care have been 5 star he is very caring and understanding and kept me totally at ease , I couldn't of asked for more from my surgeon

10th June 2016
Response from Mr Shabbir Poonawala

I am very glad that you have had a very positive experience over the years. Thanks for the kind comments.

11th March 2016
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

From first appointment to end of treatment Mr Poonawala took the time to explain fully very step of my treatment. From breaking the news that I had breast cancer, through the mastectomy and subsequent follow up visits he was professional, pleasant and answered all my questions. He set out clearly all the options for me and I felt extremely reassured that I was being well looked after by a very caring surgeon who is an expert in his field.

10th June 2016
Response from Mr Shabbir Poonawala

I am humbled by your very kind comments. Hope I can continue to provide the same level of service to all my patients. Thanks.

29th January 2016
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

From diagnosis through surgery and aftercare Mr poonawala and his team have been efficient and taken the time to explain issues and ramifications of the surgery. All team members were professional, pleasant and caring.

10th June 2016
Response from Mr Shabbir Poonawala

Thanks for your positive feedback which will be passed on to the rest of the team.

5th January 2016
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

I first met Mr Poonawala when I attended Clatterbridge hospital for an appointment for the results of a biopsy. I was feeling extremely anxious and worried about these results, but upon meeting the doctor I found him to be most reassuring and both kindly and gentle in his manner and approach. Even though the result was positive, he was able to offer reassurance by explaining the options for treatment clearly. I was very quickly scheduled for surgery. Again the procedure was clearly explained to me at the time when the surgery was carried out. I was again very quickly seen after surgery and the doctor took time to explain outcomes and proposed further treatment plans. He was patient and fully responsive to questions. He also explained the role of other members of his team who I found to be as supportive, kindly and professional as the doctor. He also clearly explained the role of his colleague in the Oncology department and his reasons for referral. Both myself and my husband were very impressed and reassured by the whole treatment experience. It is difficult to see how any aspect of the treatment, care or advice I received could be further improved, because, in our experience, we had the finest care and attention we could have wished for.

10th January 2016
Response from Mr Shabbir Poonawala

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback. I shall let the whole team know your thoughts and comments about your experience at the Wirral Breast Centre.

« 1 2 3 4 »