Mr Shabbir Poonawala

Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

1st December 2017
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in October and have since undergone a mastectomy in November due to there being two tumours present. The whole experience was a huge shock especially given my age of 34 at diagnosis. Mr Poonawala is very kind, attentive and explains everything clearly. He made me feel instantly at ease and listened to myself and my husband and answered all of our questions. He is a truly lovely doctor and is so skilled. My scar is so neat and tidy and actually makes me smile. I saw him today as I had a build up of fluid in my armpit and he just popped it- with his hands- no pain what so ever. Amazing! I am in complete gratitude to this lovely, kind man. Thank you so much for everything you have done and are doing! Thank you also to my nurse Alison and all the rest of the team at Clatterbridge. Everybody is lovely and they treat you with respect and kindness. I have never smiled and laughed so much, as during my stay in Clatterbridge hospital.

10th October 2017
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

I had a lumpectomy in August of this year at Clatterbridge Hospital. I can't fault the care I received from the whole team. Mr Poonawala was very clear and considerate in my treatment. My scar seems to be healing nicely and his bedside manner was excellent. He could teach my GP a thing or two. Thank you to all at Clatterbridge.

22nd November 2017
Response from Mr Shabbir Poonawala

Thanks a lot for your praise which I have passed on to the rest of the team too. I am sure your GP tries his/her best in difficult circumstances and the limited time for consultations, (time)which I usually ignore, making all of you wait longer than your appointed time. Sorry for this..

10th September 2017
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

This is the second time I have had Breast Cancer in ten years, the first time I have been under the care of Mr Poonawala. What can I say, Mr Poonawala is a lovely, lovely person. He takes the time to explain things in terms you understand. He listens to your concerns and try his best to put you at ease. He even includes the person with you. I have to say that the whole team at Clatterbridge Breast Clinic are so caring they make what is a frightening time bearable.

22nd November 2017
Response from Mr Shabbir Poonawala

I am glad that your recent frightening experience (for the second time in 10 years) was made bearable by our excellent team in the Breast Unit at Wirral University Teaching Hospital. Thanks for your positive comments.

28th July 2017
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

The care I have received from Mr Poonawala is excellent. He takes the time to listen to your concerns and answer any questions in terms you can understand. He not only listens to you but whoever you take with you.

22nd November 2017
Response from Mr Shabbir Poonawala

Thank you very much for your comments. Hope you are well.

15th July 2017
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

I have recently been under the care of Mr Poonawala,after being diagnosed in April 2017, I have had a mastectomy and full lymph node clearance just over 2 weeks ago. The care I have received from Mr Poonawala and all the team at Clatterbridge breast clinic has been fantastic. A very caring Doctor he explained everything in great detail , he didn't us lots technical terms he always made it as simple as possible for us to understand the results and next steps He help making a very difficult time both for me and my husband so much easier, (If facing cancer and surgery can ever be easy!) I know he cared and had the time for you as an individual including my Husband in all the discussions at the appointments, calling him and remembering his name and asking him if he had any questions after i had spoken. On the day of my surgery, given that i was scared and nervous he gave me total confidence in him and i knew i was in the best hands I have now been passed to the Clatterbridge Cancer Care to start Chemo and radiotherapy and if the care given is as good as what we have had from Mr Poonawala , (which i am sure it will be) it will make the road ahead an easier one.

22nd November 2017
Response from Mr Shabbir Poonawala

Thanks a lot for your very kind and positive comments. I try for the best for all my patients as well as their relatives. Sorry, my clinics sometimes/quite frequently don't run on time as I give every one the time for discussion and understanding that they need.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »