Mr Shabbir Poonawala

Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

28th July 2017
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

The care I have received from Mr Poonawala is excellent. He takes the time to listen to your concerns and answer any questions in terms you can understand. He not only listens to you but whoever you take with you.

15th July 2017
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

I have recently been under the care of Mr Poonawala,after being diagnosed in April 2017, I have had a mastectomy and full lymph node clearance just over 2 weeks ago. The care I have received from Mr Poonawala and all the team at Clatterbridge breast clinic has been fantastic. A very caring Doctor he explained everything in great detail , he didn't us lots technical terms he always made it as simple as possible for us to understand the results and next steps He help making a very difficult time both for me and my husband so much easier, (If facing cancer and surgery can ever be easy!) I know he cared and had the time for you as an individual including my Husband in all the discussions at the appointments, calling him and remembering his name and asking him if he had any questions after i had spoken. On the day of my surgery, given that i was scared and nervous he gave me total confidence in him and i knew i was in the best hands I have now been passed to the Clatterbridge Cancer Care to start Chemo and radiotherapy and if the care given is as good as what we have had from Mr Poonawala , (which i am sure it will be) it will make the road ahead an easier one.

16th June 2017
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

I have recently been under the care of Mr Poonawala for a second time and would reiterate my previous review- Mr Poonawala is an excellent surgeon who skilfully achieves excellent results. He is very respectful, considerate, gentle and kind and his care both in clinic and on the ward has been second to none - even courteously taking time to update my husband before my return to the ward. I can't thank you enough for what you have done for me Mr Poonawala and the care you have shown . I am very grateful to have had you as my Consultant. Stella Duncan

11th June 2017
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

I have been under the care of Mr Poonawala for a Lumpectomy and subsequent marginal shave , My cancer was found during a routine mamogram thanks to staff who questioned even the smallest of changes . Mr Poonawala is an excellent surgeon ,my scar is minimal and I have recovered quickly thanks to his skill . We were given clear information with time to ask further questions from both him and the McMillan Nurses ,Mr Poonwala sensing my uncertainty at the surgical options . This is not a skill learnt at medical school , it comes from within and that's whats makes him special. Dave and I can't thank Mr Poonawala and the team enough the list is endless , Radiographers, Reception staff , The Theatre Porter [ who introduced himself and remembered me on my second admission ] ,M2 Ward Staff , Pathology, Hotel Service's ,The Admin staff who send you the next appointment out swiftly , and finally Anaesthetist's and Operating Theatre staff. I have worked in The NHS myself for the last 35 years you are an amazing team and should be very proud of yourselves. Thank you Mr Poonawala and team , Jo and Dave Collins,

1st April 2017
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

I am glad to have this opportunity to thank Mr Poonawalla for a successful mastectomy and reconstruction. The care and attention I received from him and his team could not have been better. He quickly overcame my initial shock and trepidation and made me feel confident about the ultimate result. I am particularly pleased that he convinced me that immediate reconstruction was the best option despite my apprehension. Throughout the whole procedure all the team treated me with kindness and the best care and attention and I cannot praise them enough.

30th April 2017
Response from Mr Shabbir Poonawala

I am happy that you had a good experience whilst undergoing major stressful surgery and are well on the way to recovery. I shall pass on your positive comments to the rest of the wonderful team. Thanks for your kind comments.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »