Mr Shabbir Poonawala

Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

10th October 2017
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

I had a lumpectomy in August of this year at Clatterbridge Hospital. I can't fault the care I received from the whole team. Mr Poonawala was very clear and considerate in my treatment. My scar seems to be healing nicely and his bedside manner was excellent. He could teach my GP a thing or two. Thank you to all at Clatterbridge.

10th September 2017
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

This is the second time I have had Breast Cancer in ten years, the first time I have been under the care of Mr Poonawala. What can I say, Mr Poonawala is a lovely, lovely person. He takes the time to explain things in terms you understand. He listens to your concerns and try his best to put you at ease. He even includes the person with you. I have to say that the whole team at Clatterbridge Breast Clinic are so caring they make what is a frightening time bearable.

28th July 2017
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

The care I have received from Mr Poonawala is excellent. He takes the time to listen to your concerns and answer any questions in terms you can understand. He not only listens to you but whoever you take with you.

15th July 2017
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

I have recently been under the care of Mr Poonawala,after being diagnosed in April 2017, I have had a mastectomy and full lymph node clearance just over 2 weeks ago. The care I have received from Mr Poonawala and all the team at Clatterbridge breast clinic has been fantastic. A very caring Doctor he explained everything in great detail , he didn't us lots technical terms he always made it as simple as possible for us to understand the results and next steps He help making a very difficult time both for me and my husband so much easier, (If facing cancer and surgery can ever be easy!) I know he cared and had the time for you as an individual including my Husband in all the discussions at the appointments, calling him and remembering his name and asking him if he had any questions after i had spoken. On the day of my surgery, given that i was scared and nervous he gave me total confidence in him and i knew i was in the best hands I have now been passed to the Clatterbridge Cancer Care to start Chemo and radiotherapy and if the care given is as good as what we have had from Mr Poonawala , (which i am sure it will be) it will make the road ahead an easier one.

16th June 2017
Written by a patient at Clatterbridge Hospital

I have recently been under the care of Mr Poonawala for a second time and would reiterate my previous review- Mr Poonawala is an excellent surgeon who skilfully achieves excellent results. He is very respectful, considerate, gentle and kind and his care both in clinic and on the ward has been second to none - even courteously taking time to update my husband before my return to the ward. I can't thank you enough for what you have done for me Mr Poonawala and the care you have shown . I am very grateful to have had you as my Consultant. Stella Duncan

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »