Mr Sean Masterson

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

16th January 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Roding Hospital

My GP referred me to Mr Masterson at the Spire Roding Hospital. I will be forever grateful for this referral, as in a matter of weeks after first seeing Mr Masterson I had the hip replacement operation. From the moment I first met him, I was totally confident of his expertise and the way he explained the procedure. After 28 years as a police detective I consider myself a good judge of people and I was not wrong. I was in hospital for four days in which time Mr Masterson visited me on the ward and explained what I needed to do to get back up on my feet . I discarded my crutches after two weeks. This was due to the exercises that Mr Masterman and the physiotherapist prescribed. To anyone having this operation if you are fit enough, make sure you carry out these exercises as many times a day as you are able. Within weeks of the operation I was walking my sons dogs, gardening and driving. I have had no ill effects from the operation and although 75 I feel I have a new life. I remember before the operation sitting in a restuarant in Spain and the pain was excruciating. A year later in another restuarant in Porto, I raised a glass to Mr Masterman as I was able to sit and enjoy my meal pain free. I feel I was very fortunate to have been referred to Mr Masterman and will be for ever grateful. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a hip replacement. Please note however that you must be prepared to put in the work in order to get yourself fully mobile.

11th September 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

My experience was very positive. I have had two total hip replacements, surgery performed by Mr Masterson on both occassions. He explained the whole procedure in a calm and gentle manner, nothing was too much trouble which put my mind at rest, I felt really listened to. Both surgeries were sucessful, It's fantastic, I have bounced back, not running yet though, but walking without pain is wonderful. I must continue with excercises to build muscle. I would totally recommend Mr Masterson, he comes across as caring, kind with a gentle manner, puts people at ease, and very professional. I feel blessed that I had the good fortune for Mr Masterson to perform my surgery..

Short link to review Mr Sean Masterson: http://iwgc.net/eemp9