Mr Praminthra Chitsabesan

Written by a NHS patient at York Hospital
9th February 2021

Mr Chitsabesan always allows the time for the patient to discuss everything. He is a very caring and thorough Doctor. A credit to his profession.

Written by a NHS patient at York Hospital
3rd February 2021

Mr C put me at my ease and dealt with a bowel examination involving polyp removal calmly and efficiently. My only problem was hearing him through his unavoidable PPE mask.

Written by a patient at Scarborough Hospital
16th January 2021

Mr Chitsabesan was brilliant throughout, I had bowel cancer (lymphoma) and he performed major surgery which took four hours. After the procedure he rang my wife to inform her that everything had gone well and I was in recovery. I have never known this before and found it pleasing and reassuring, bearing in mind that with covid on the scene no visitors were allowed in. My aftercare was second to none in fact he rang me only yesterday, five months after the operation to enquire how I am doing. I thank Mr Chitsabesan and my lucky stars everyday that I am cancer and pain free. Thank God there are people such as Mr Chitsabesan with the knowledge and skill to make us well again and long may they continue.

Written by a patient at York Hospital
10th January 2021

Mr Chitsabesan operated on me for an inguinal hernia. At all stages, pre and post operation and the operation itself I was impressed with his clarity in explaining everything to me. He put me totally at ease and I had full confidence in him. Not a lot more I can say other than I would unquestionably recommend him.

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital York
2nd January 2021

An Inguinal Hernia repair was not something that I was looking forward too at all and after a number of years of "putting up with it," my GP referred me to Mr Praminthra Chitsabesan. With some trepidation I spoke to him in an initial telephone consultation, I had a list of questions and he was patient and thoughtful and able to reassure me with honest answers and apraisal walking me through the procedure and giving me enormous confidence in the possible outcomes. The subsequent operation to repair and daycare at the Nuffield was excellent I felt protected and in very safe hands throughout. Now some four weeks post-op I can not thank him enough for his skill and care, his humour and kindness making the difference to my well being and health. Well done you Chitsabesan

Mr Praminthra Chitsabesan was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Short link to review Mr Praminthra Chitsabesan: http://iwgc.net/efba8