Mr Neil Walton

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

3rd January 2016

Reputedly a great surgeon but, as other patients and nurses have told us, and confirmed by our own experience, not a great people person. Found him patronising, old school, 'I know, I'm the boss, listen to me - and my big words- accept what I say, and go away' - and complete with an alpha-chimp handshake. As one of his nurses said - if I had a problem with my knees, I'd want him to operate on me but he's not a great human being.' Born out by our own experience - so the thing to know is, if you need surgery then apparently very good; if you need therapeutic care and information about how to cope with knee pain, don't expect any decent level of information. You should get better service from a physio. Professionally, I think hospitals should train these guys (there are fewer of them, thankfully, as the years go by), assess them, and develop their interpersonal skills.

Short link to review Mr Neil Walton: http://iwgc.net/ef6w