mr-mohiemen-anwar

Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
19th July 2020

Dr. Anwar performed Hemithyroidectomy surgery on me around three weeks ago and I was pleased with the care that he provided throughout and the fact that he was empathetic. The scar is also very neat and is healing well.

20th July 2020
Response from Mr Mohiemen Anwar

Thank you very much indeed for your kind review and words.

28th April 2020

I would like to thank Mr Anwar very much for carrying out the procedure on my throat last week. I felt as though I was in excellent hands and the subsequent relief and recovery has been greatly appreciated.

28th April 2020
Response from Mr Mohiemen Anwar

Thank you very much for the nice review and I am delighted I have been able to help.

10th February 2020

Dr Anwar is an amazing surgeon. After seeing his colleague at West Middlesex Hospital, he took over my case after seeing how complicated and broken my nose was. He explained the procedure of an Open Septorhinoplasty from the start and was reassuring throughout. He saw me just before I went in for surgery and just after I came into recovery to tell me what an amazing job he did. I am so pleased with the way my nose has turned out. Dr Anwar did a great job, my nose looks so natural! I would highly recommend him to other people. Dr Anwar did such a good job, my family members are consulting him too! Definitely hope to have him as my surgeon again.

10th February 2020
Response from Mr Mohiemen Anwar

Very kind words, I am glad you were happy with the outcome.

28th January 2020

Dr Anwar is very kind and I had an amazing treatment for my polyps. I am very pleased with my treatment and experience with Dr Anwar and would highly recommend him.

29th January 2020

10th December 2019

Having been punched on the nose and initially being told that the nose was not broken by the A&E doctor, Dr Anwar who i eventually saw much later took the time to listen to my hampered breathing and the consequences I needed up. He diagnosed it well. He also did the septorhinoplasty surgery. I am very pleased with the result. I can breathe better and the nose also looks good.

• Otolaryngology

Mr Mohiemen Anwar is an ENT consultant at Chelsea & Westminster NHS Foundation Trust, working across both their sites at West Middlesex University Hospital and Chelsea sites. He has both Paediatric and Adult practices across both sites, but also he sees patients at Teddington Memorial Hospital once a week to provide a highly specialised service to local community and support the local GPs. Mr Anwar is a specialist in Ear Nose and Throat disorders, trained in London's most renowned hospitals like The Royal Marsden hospital, Great Ormond street hospital, The Royal London hospital, Charing Cross hospital and St Mary's Hospital. Additionally he has worked at The Royal National Throat Nose and Ear hospital and been trained by a panel of experienced ENT surgeons in the Art and Science of ENT disorders and management. He was awarded Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) following his success in passing his Fellowship of The Royal College of Surgeons exams in 2016, and been added to the Specialist Register in 2017. He has spent his final two years of training concentrating on developing his Endoscopic Sinus surgery skills and the management of diseases and disorders of the nose, including complex anterior skull base endoscopic and open surgery and complex nasal reshaping and reconstruction surgery. During his training at Great Ormond Street hospital for sick children, he developed an interest in Paediatric ENT surgery and it account for almost half of his day-to-day practice at West Middlesex University Hospital. Mr Anwar is a dedicated academic and his interest in research was culminated in a PhD degree in Molecular Oncology and Immunotherapy for his work at Barts Cancer Institute in developing a novel combined oncolytic virotherapy and immunotherapy for the treatment of solid tumours including head and neck cancer. Queen Mary University of London awarded him a Doctorate of Philosophy degree in 2015. He has a special interest in teaching and training evidently as he has been running The Barts ENT training courses, - Barts FESS & Rhinoplasty course - Barts Head and Neck dissection course - Barts Temporal Bone Dissection course successfully for more than 11 years now. Many trainees and now consultants have been through his training courses, and his track record of excellent running of courses has recently been accepted to be presented at the upcoming British Academic Conference for Otolaryngologists 2018 (BACO 2018). Finally, Mr Anwar is a dedicated family man to his wife Lina and daughter Meela and the family are awaiting the arrival of the 4th member of the Anwar's family. He enjoys his family time, including traveling and supporting his wife's singing career. He is a keen tennis player and quite handy with a racquet, and his many trophies and prizes along his different stages of life speaks for himself. Mr Anwar is bilingual, fluent in spoken and written Arabic in all its different dialects.

Nearest Otolaryngologists