Mr MN Bittar

I am a cardiothoracic surgeon, my practice is mixed. In cardiac surgery I have a special interest in aortic surgery, minimally invasive aortic surgery, I also perform the general cardiac operations ( CABG, OPCAB and valve surgery). In thoracic surgery, I deal with chest wall, lung, pleural and mediastinal surgical diseases. I have special interest in the minimally invasive approach (video assisted thoracoscopic procedures-VATS lobectomy) and fractured ribs fixation. I am interested in research; my qualification is a Medical Doctorate M.D. from Manchester University in 2007. My thesis was based on inflammatory response to the use of cardiopulmonary bypass in patients undergoing cardiac surgery. This response was linked to certain genotypes of a certain polymorphisms. My current affiliation is with the University of Salford, I am collaborating with researchers studying the myocardial cell dysfunction, the inflammatory response and its effect on the conduits that used in cardiac surgery.Recently I was appointed as honorary professor @ the University of Salford.

• Cardiothoracic surgery

27th April 2016
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

Mr bittar performed a triple by-pass on me on 11th of Feb, I was impressed by the professional treatment by him+ the staff at Blackpool hospital. After 5days I was discharge and have made a full recovery.I would like to thank Mr bittar +his team and I would recommend them highly. Yours sincerely, John kay.

22nd April 2016
Written by a carer at Victoria Hospital

My 16 year old sons lung collapsed, he was transferred to Victoria after a 5 day stay in Chorley hospital. Mr Bittar and his team visited him after a long day in surgery, explained why our son would need an operation. He answered all our questions and put my son at ease. The operation took place on the 24th December , Mr Bittar and his team visited us during our stay and answered all our questions - they were approachable, knowledgeable and empathetic. We were discharged on the 26th December. My son is now leading a normal active sporty lifestyle.

13th April 2016
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

My name is Paul wilkinson I'm 56yrs old I had major open heart surgery on the 18th Feb 2016 had my assending aorta and emmi arch replaced and my aortic valve replaced with a top hat machanical valve.on the day of my operation I was taken into the operating theatre I was scared and very nervous the nurse held my hand and said I would be fine this helped me a lot.Mr Bittar and his team spoke to me and made me feel a lot better the next thing I woke up in ICU I was fine just a little groggy I was there for 3days and looked after wonderfully,I then went on to ward 38 for the rest of my stay about 1week total the care was wonderful here too.this hospital is a very special hospital the staff and doctors can't do enough for you all they are bothered about is you and your recovery Mr Bittar came to see me every day I am now well on my way to a full recovery and my after care has been brilliant.myself and my family would like to thank Mr Bittar and his great team for everything they have done for me.and today I became a grandad again to a lovely little girl called Eden xx 13/04/2016

11th April 2016
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

A very positive experience in a terrible situation.All staff professional,caring and helpful.Mr Bittar very informative and answered any questions thoroughly,easy to talk to, a dedicated man and extremely good at his profession. Would highly recommend him and his team.Couldn't have been a better experience.

11th April 2016
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

Nice gentleman listens to what you have to say and take an interest in his patients great guy would like him to deal with me if I ever get any more problems with my heart

Nearest Cardiothoracic surgeons