Mr Krishna Prasad Yathiraj

I am a Consultant Psychiatrist based at Berrywood Hospital, Northampton. I work full-time and look after all patients on Cove Ward. I am also responsible for half of the inpatients on Harbour Ward. I chose working on the wards over community as I find this role to be much more exciting, challenging and rewarding. I really enjoy my role and try my best to give a high quality and holistic service to all my patients and their carers.

• Psychiatry

3rd January 2018
Written by a carer at Berrywood Hospital

I feel that I have been listened to, but sometimes our wishes are not always communicated to various teams/changeover of staff. I recognise the difficulties for the staff on this - they are dealing with many patients and the paperwork it generates. It is sad to observe some patients not engaged and left alone for long periods of time.

29th November 2017
Written by a patient at Berrywood Hospital

Doctor is getting to know me, so asking (good) questions and listening and observing diligently. Improvement if he had taken all relevant past notes into a/c i.e. reviewed prior to our meeting.

31st July 2017

My doctor understood me.

31st July 2017
Written by a carer at Berrywood Hospital

Absolutely shocked at the lack of professionalism, he doesn't care about his patients at all, just discharges then as soon as he can, without administrating their problems, my relative has mental health issues, he didn't care at all about my relatives problems, even though his mental state was dangerous, just discharged him and didn't even notify me, considering I'm the next of kin i found this ridiculous. This doctor needs a serious review before his actions have irreversible affect on someones life.

17th June 2016