berrywood-hospital

Supported

Spiritual needs

Cultural needs
11th July 2019

The staff are amazing, especially Lauren, Tom, Sophie and Carole. They treated me with dignity and respect, whilst also supporting me when I was ready to talk. I still have a long way to go, but I cannot fault the work they do.

Safe

Supported

Spiritual needs

Cultural needs
11th July 2019

You think coming in here that a bunch of people will keep the closest eye on you and keep you safe and that's just not how it is. A lot of staff just left me alone to pace clearly struggling for ages, I was left frantically rocking in the corridor one night when things were bad. This just made things worse no-one cared. Day staff helped me during one incident which helped a lot! but initially the care is very hands off and if you're someone who struggles to approach people, that makes things worse. Although I didn't tackle my care issues, I do feel better than I did before I came in, and its not all the staff who make you feel let down, my named nurse was nice as well so it has helped me overall.

18th July 2019
Response from Berrywood Hospital

I am sorry to hear you have had this experience. Staff are there to offer support and reassurance for people especially when distressed. We have lots of sessions on offer with OT and on the ward and have a sensory room that is available to use and safety planning to look at ways to support you when distressed, also key workers and co-workers to have one to one time should you wish to talk or I am available to voice any concerns you may have. We strive to provide excellent care, so welcome feedback to improve our service. Im sorry you didn’t feel you could discuss this with us whilst you were here. I am pleased you found your keyworker supportive. If you would like to contact me to discuss this further then please call on (01604) 685515 and I can look into these concerns further. Kind Regards Natasha Davies Acting ward Manager

None

15th July 2019

Very professional and patient staff.

N/a

{{category}} working at Berrywood Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Berrywood Hospital: http://iwgc.net/ejoun