Written by a patient at Doncaster Royal Infirmary
1st March 2020

Had a bowle resection and bladder repair he tells it how it it is which was refreshing .my biggest worry that i would probably need either a temporary or permanent colostomy bag first thing i looked when i woke up was to look for a bag i was so releived that Mr Bagley had avoided it ime greatfull for his fine work . Ime still recovering but very well

Written by a patient at Doncaster Royal Infirmary
1st February 2020

Dr John Bagley After years on proton pump inhibitor meds and still suffering severe reflux problems I was seen by this doctor at DR I nhs hospital. He performed a laparoscopic gastric hiatus hernia repair and Nissan partial fundoplication for me. After less than 48 hours in hospital I was home. On a soft diet to start with but gradually returned to a normal diet. This has completely resolved my long standing GERD problem. I cannot thank him enough for changing my life for the better. I am no longer on proton pump inhibitor medication and rarely need to take antacids. I underwent this surgery quite a few years ago now, and am still reaping the benefits.

• Gastroenterology

I have been working at Doncaster and Bassetlaw Trust for 18 years specialising in laparoscopic surgery and its application to cancer of the bowel, gall bladder surgery, splenic surgery and hernia repair. I have an operative series of close to a thousand bowel resections, most of them laparoscopic and over a thousand cholecystectomies. Again laparoscopic. I offer a laparoscopic hernia repair service which many patients find leads to a rapid recovery.

Nearest Gastroenterologists