Written by a patient at Northern General Hospital
7th January 2021

He showed exemplary empathy when I was at an extremely low point in convincing me to stay in hospital as required. He conveyed a bedside manner that gave me confidence in the treatment I was receiving, Even to the point of still calling to see me after running late from a previous appointment. Also called to check on my recovery after I was discharged. Any patient under this doctors care is extremely lucky.

25th June 2020

A great doctor, he made me feel totally at ease. He felt like a friend. Amazing care highly recommended

3rd March 2020

I was admitted with abdominal pains early Friday morning. I was monitored through the day and when G started his night shift was visited by him as a courtesy being the surgeon on duty. He assessed me and kept me up to date with his findings and plans. I took a turn for the worse just after midnight and was again visited by G and he informed me he wanted to carry out emergency surgery. He explained the procedures involved and the issues we could face After surgery I was visited again and had the procedure and after care explained. Even when I was released from hospital G was able to help, and arrange a check up after a mix up with district nurse after care. Overall G is a very good, professional, caring and attentive surgeon at a time when I was both in pain and concerned with my health G was kept my fully informed and helped to calm my nerves on both the surgery and longer term illness. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone, and send my thanks to him for my experience

17th February 2020

I found Mr George to be personable,professional and informative. I was not,preached at or spoken down to,his positivity is reassuring and infectious.I felt safe in his care and would recommend his services. I wish him well in his future career and is an asset to the medical profession.

14th February 2020

ā€˜Gā€™ was absolutely fantastic, I came in to have my appendix removed and was in a lot of pain but was reassured and made to feel extremely comfortable in his care. Having never had an operation before I was very comfortable talking to and asking questions about what I was going to go through. Very kind, caring and a lovely person.

Specialty Trainee in General Surgery I am currently working at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust on a 1-year rotation in breast surgery as a registrar. I have aspirations to become an academic colorectal surgeon. I was an academic clinical fellow in general surgery. I have been accredited by the Academy of Medical Educators. I was awarded the Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board prize for the best foundation doctor in 2015: http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sitesplus/863/news/38154. I won the compassion, kindness and care award at Chesterfield Royal Hospital in 2020: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHwmbz1PKZc (02:43 ā€“ 04:21). I have an interest in medical education, management and leadership and I hope to build these skills throughout my post this year to enhance my awareness and my appreciation so that I may have a stronger effect within the National Health Service for my patients.

Short link to review Mr Jayan George: http://iwgc.net/ekte3