Written by a NHS patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital
23rd February 2021

I have never met a kinder doctor, I felt anxious going into my appointment at the breast clinic and he made me feel instantly at ease. He is incredibly respectful, always asks if it's okay for him to do something before he does it, which I greatly appreciated, and he is a warm, friendly individual. I had been worried about my appointment for a while but I needn't have worried at all. Dr George is the pinnacle of professionalism and should be seen as an example to others on his patient care. I have just received my write up of the appointment in the post and even this made me feel as though I had received the best possible care.

Written by a NHS patient at Northern General Hospital
31st January 2021

G took over my surgery following an perforated Appendix. The aftercare I received from G was excellent. He was friendly, yet professional. I felt like I'd known him a while. He offered advise which was taken on board. He visited daily to see how I was progressing, even when I was discharged from hospital received a phone call at home to see how I was improving.

28th January 2021

G came to see me before he did my surgery. Was amazing at explaining everything putting me at ease. I was a bit overwhelmed and he offered to call my mum for me after the surgery to explain what had happened and how I was doing to her so I could rest which was so lovely! (And very helpful after all the medication) Saw him the day after the op for a catch up, couldn’t recommend and thank G enough

27th January 2021

Made me feel at ease, explained the procedure in simple terms so I could understand, was a friendly and comfortable person to talk to.

7th January 2021

He showed exemplary empathy when I was at an extremely low point in convincing me to stay in hospital as required. He conveyed a bedside manner that gave me confidence in the treatment I was receiving, Even to the point of still calling to see me after running late from a previous appointment. Also called to check on my recovery after I was discharged. Any patient under this doctors care is extremely lucky.

Specialty Trainee in General Surgery I am currently working at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust on a 1-year rotation in breast surgery as a registrar. I have aspirations to become an academic colorectal surgeon. I was an academic clinical fellow in general surgery. I have been accredited by the Academy of Medical Educators. I was awarded the Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board prize for the best foundation doctor in 2015: http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sitesplus/863/news/38154. I won the compassion, kindness and care award at Chesterfield Royal Hospital in 2020: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHwmbz1PKZc (02:43 – 04:21). I have an interest in medical education, management and leadership and I hope to build these skills throughout my post this year to enhance my awareness and my appreciation so that I may have a stronger effect within the National Health Service for my patients.

Short link to review Mr Jayan George: http://iwgc.net/ekte3