doncaster-royal-infirmary

Armthorpe Road, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England, DN2 5LT

1 2 3 4 5 75,777 reviews

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

14th August 2020

I was really impressed with all members of staff and levels of care during my 5 day stay on M1. Everyone is compassionate, supportive and professional! The midwives really deserve way more credit than what they receive.

Review of Antenatal Clinic (DRI), written by a patient
11th August 2020

I started my induction on the Monday where I had a balloon fitted for 24 hours. The staff were very professional and showed such support throughout. The staff were very happy and always introduced themselves after handover. As a first time mum I started to become fed up as I was almost 42 weeks but the staff were very supportive and reassuring. They explained everything throughout, although it was frustrating as my partner was waiting around each day for hours until I went to the labour suite on Wednesday as we wasn’t sure what was happening as we’d never done this before. The student midwives were brilliant and will go far if they keep doing what they’re doing!!

11th August 2020

Following the birth of my baby boy I was taken on to M1, where I stayed for one full night into the following day when I was discharged just before midnight. The care I received was perfect. The midwives always introduced themselves after hand over and they always asked if there was anything you needed. They were straight there when you buzzed for them and couldn’t do enough for you. All staff were very cheery and didn’t let the fact we are in a pandemic get in the way. All staff are rushed off there feet but they were still professional. Following the birth of my baby I couldn’t pass urine so had a catheter fitted for 24 hours which I didn’t know I had to have in so long so I became frustrated and broke down, however Emily spink was reassuring and kept positive. All the midwife support workers were also extremely helpful and kind too and one of them fed my boy whilst I had my tea! Thank you to you all and keep up the good work !

Review of Central Delivery Suite (DRI), written by a patient
11th August 2020

As a first time mum I was a little nervous as I wasn’t sure what to expect. The midwives were extremely supportive and reassuring and explained step by step what was going to happen as I was induced so had my waters broken. The staff are extremely rushed off their feet and it doesn’t help being in a pandemic but they couldn’t do enough for me and my partner and didn’t let this get in the way. The first midwife who started me off (I think she was called Ann but I’m not 100%) was lovely, followed by Stacie and her team who helped deliver my baby boy safely in theatre. She was brill and me and my partner can’t thank her enough!! The delivery suite room 8 was amazing.

Support in labour
Partner informed
Spoken to
Review of CCU (DRI), written by a patient
2nd August 2020

Very professional caring staff. Considerate and kind.

Pain Control
1st August 2020

The care that I have received since having my baby is non existent. I am a first time mum with a second degree cut, I had to stay in hospital for 48 hours after having my child as I was 36 weeks+5. During that time not one midwife asked me to look at my stitches or asked to look at my stomach or asked if I was generally alright, on my discharge notes it says I had declined any examinations but no one had asked me for a examination, everyone else on my ward had been looked at other than me. I am currently 18 days postpartum and have only just been looked at on day 16 by a midwife after requesting it myself. Luckily my stitches are healing nicely and my stomach has gone back nicely. I have just been left to look after myself and had to ask family and friends on the best ways to look after my stitches. I feel extremely let down by the people that are supposed to be there to help look after you. As a first time mum I expected a lot more help and support but have received none.

Review of Urology Outpatients, written by a patient
29th July 2020

pleasant helpful staff make you feel calm

Review of Ophthalmology (DRI), written by a patient
28th July 2020

My appointment was 8:45am, asked to get there 20 mins before. Nurse checked my eyes a so was outside the doctors room waiting until I was finally seen at 9:15am. I was the first patient. I assumed the doctor was doing some admin but then he showed up and went into his room at 9:10am! So he got lifted up in 5 mins and then saw me, no apologies for being late. My appointment lasted 5 mins. The pessimist in me feels like he may have been for his breakfast and knowing that he had an easy 2 or 3 patients (just general check ups) he could make the time up. It’s a disgrace and a massive disregard for patients. The doctor will not have to answer to anyone and knows he can do what he likes

Review of Diagnostic Day Unit , written by a patient
21st July 2020

Lovely caring nurses. Everything explained in ready to understand detail. I cannot praise Dr Sarah Brett enough and a young lady who helped Sarah throughout the procedure, Rachel, was wonderful. Whatever she is being paid is nowhere near enough! Only one complaint, get some paper knickers that aren’t so tight they could be called budgie stranglers.

Review of Ward 26, written by a patient
20th June 2020

A few excellent nurses, but very little really care or concern or conversation or help. Just anonymous deadeye. Tests 4 time daily and tablets issued. Led to me eeling low, lonely, depressed. Not just me, but older more vulnerable patients. How could so many staff not sense the sadness in the ward and come in and out without offering patient-centred care. On one awful night, a nurse ignored my pain and I have complained. Some of the ward doctors discussed patients too loudly so we often heard details which scared us. And they whizzed in and out, not listening, making sure they - not the patient - set the agenda. My operation was a success. I am grateful. But my time on the ward was traumatic, not least for the (emotional) suffering witnessed in sad ignored vulnerable patients. This may be due to overworked staff and NHS cuts, but it had a dreadful impact on patients. I need a second operation later this year & will do everything I can not to have this take place at this hospital. I remain very upset by the experience.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
{{category}} working at Doncaster Royal Infirmary ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Doncaster Royal Infirmary: http://iwgc.net/eb32o