mr-peter-vasas

8th June 2021

My procedure went very well, Peter Vasas seems a very competent surgeon and his female assistant was also very helpful and friendly and put me at ease. He helpfully followed up the op with an informative letter to my GP. I did not have any complications from the surgery and felt almost fully better after nine days. I was grateful that the costs for the procedure were kept low. I do think the clinic could have provided more information before my procedure. I thought I was going to get a very small perianal skin tag removed, but it ended up being a full hemorrhoidectomy - a removal of two hemorrhoids, one of which was very large - and we agreed to go ahead with this while the procedure was happening. I had only done online research for skin tag removal and was expecting quite a small procedure, and not the colossal pain I experienced the first night when the local anaesthetic wore off. If I'd known, I would have stocked up on more powerful codeine painkillers and laxatives (to counter the effect of the painkillers) and sanitary pads, not eaten in advance (to avoid needing to pass stool soon afterward), and scheduled to be off work for a week. Doing research after the procedure, I discovered that the pain was very normal for this procedure (and of less duration than many people report experiencing from other clinics), but I wish I had known more about this in advance, and been given better tips for coping. I think the clinic would do well to update their advice about this. Having said that, I'm relieved at how quickly I healed, and grateful to Peter Vasas and his assistant for their quick, clean work, and the procedure's affordability.

7th June 2021

Dr Vasas, kindly explained what he was going to do and advised on pain management following the procedure. So was very pleased regarding that. The only thing I would like to add, is that I was in some discomfort for about 5 days after the procedure, including sudden urges to pass stools. I then felt much better. So I’d say one may need to take it easy for some days after this procedure.

2nd June 2021

What an amazing Doctor. A couple of weeks back I went to get 2 skin tags removed which I was really nervous about. From the moment I met Dr Vasas to the moment I left, he treated me with such respect and made me feel at ease. He has a good knowledge and understanding off my condition and I instantly trusted him to pick the right procedure for me. I was in and out within an hour and don't feel ashamed. Honestly I would recommend him to anyone and he is cheap compared to most, so go book yourself in.

22nd May 2021

My consultant Dr. Peter Vasas was superb. I was feeling nervous before the procedure but he made me feel at ease instantly on the moment I arrived. No small question was a silly question and he answered all my queries during and after the procedure. I was extremely impressed with the organisation of the entire process and procedure. An excellent team and Doctor, thank you sincerely.

18th May 2021

Very patient and calm, he does a good job. Great doctor

Mr Peter Vasas was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

I specialise in laparoscopic (keyhole) abdominal surgery, especially gallstone gastro-oesophageal reflux and minimally invasive haemorrhoid procedures. I am also a Bariatric (weight loss) surgeon having completed an Ethicon-sponsored national bariatric fellowship programme in the UK and Belgium. I offer Bariatric operations including band, gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy as well as revision surgery.

Short link to review Mr Peter Vasas: http://iwgc.net/ehnhb