Mr Alvan Priddy

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

21st March 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital

I recently had fibroids and a cyst removed by Dr Priddy. I was diagnosed as having fibroids over 5 years ago and as time progressed the fibroids grew considerably in size and continued to increase in numbers. This meant that my periods were extremely heavy, to the point that it would leak through my clothing on occasion. I also became anaemic and had to take iron supplements. I put off having having the fibroids removed due to being extremely anxious as to what the end result would be. I had spoken to GP's in the past, who automatically suggested a hysterectomy. Being worried that this was the only way forward, I decided that I would not have surgery. I however changed my mind when I met Dr Priddy, who talked me through various options available to me. He also made me aware of risks. Naturally I was anxious about having surgery, however Dr Priddy was very reassuring and caring, listening to my wishes and concerns and taking these on board. I found Dr Priddy to be empathetic and patient. On the day of surgery, Dr Priddy and his anaesthetist made me feel relaxed and calm and significantly reduced my anxiety levels. I would completely recommend Dr Priddy to any women who have fibroids and cysts. He is an excellent physician, who takes pride and care in what he does and respects his patients.

13th February 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital

I had my fibroids removed by Mr Priddy. I found him to be very caring, attentive and diligent. Mr Priddy listened to my wishes and feelings, however was very honest with me as to what would happen if I did not go ahead with the procedure. I never at any point felt pressurised and although initially extremely apprehensive about the procedure, I was completely relaxed and reassured on the day of surgery. Mr Priddy is excellent at what he does. I would totally recommend him to anyone who has fibroids.

9th December 2016
Written by a patient at Northwick Park Hospital

Laparoscopic procedure - I was referred for a laparoscopic procedure to treat PCOS and blocked tube. I was so nervous, it was my first operation ever as well.I was terrified for the anesthesia too. But I was relaxed once I had my first consultation with Dr.Priddy. He explained about the procedure,the benefits and instructions in detail.I felt very positive and confident. Actually things were not so bad :). My surgery happened in Ealing hospital and the staff were very helpful. Dr.Priddy spoke to me prior to the surgery and he spoke in a very caring and assuring way and really put me in ease. Same day night I came back to home and 3-4 days after the surgery I started feeling better. During the follow up appointment also Dr. Priddy listened patiently and clarified all my doubts/concerns , Real boost for my optimism :) Many thanks to Dr.Priddy and his team!!!

14th October 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital

I would highly recommend Mr Priddy! He was very professional and thorough in explaining my condition and what options were available to me. He certainly made me and husband feel at ease and I had no doubt at all from start to finish. I have passed on sue, Mr Priddy’s secretary’s number on to many people that could benefit from his amazing work. I am extremely happy! His knowledge and vast experience is very reassuring and you can go in thinking you will not be disappointed. I was initially very scared and worried but if you are being treated by him you have nothing to worry about. After my operation I was very nervous thinking I will be left will horrible marks, but I was wrong Mr Priddy has great surgical skills and has treated the body with respect. Thank you to his team too. They were excellent!

15th September 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital

My consultation with Dr A Priddy was the most assuring and most detailed in every way, Dr Priddy always made me feel relaxed and always answered my questions and always made sure i understood him, my husband used to come with me at my appointments and Dr Priddy made sure he understood what the procedure involved and what he was going to do, you would never feel you are rushed in Dr Priddy's appointments he always took his time explaining everything, Dr Priddy is such a gentleman and so understanding. I would definitely recommend Dr Priddy to all the ladies who are having gynaecology problems.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists