Mr Alvan Priddy

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

21st November 2018
Written by a patient at Northwick Park Hospital

I had an myomectomy done by Dr Priddy last year May. Although consultation appointments were at Northwick Park Hospital the surgery was in Ealing Hospital. I was so impressed with his pre-surgery care, surgery and post surgery care that I had asked him how I could give positive feedback. He was very humble about it, but thought it would be useful to have feedback online about myomectomy to help others in need of this surgery that would be worried,so was happy for me to do one. At the time of the operation I was nearly 33 years with no children, so was particularly worried about the surgery, i had large fibroids so was told the possibility of having children successfully without their removal was low. In any event due to pain it was important that i got them removed, they were too large to be reduced by medication. Myomectomy was recommended to be the best option although more invasive than some other methods.I was also due to get married 5 months after the surgery so again further worried about the surgery and recovery, but was also worried about the surgery going wrong and not being able to have children afterwards. Dr Priddy was very reassuring and I felt confident in his knowledge and abilities at all times. I felt I was listened to and that he genuinely cared and wanted the best for me. He was very positive and addressed any concerns. I had another appointment with him after pre-op checks appointment, for him to make sure that nothing was missed at the pre-op appointment. I was contacted directly by his secretary to arrange this and was told that although not usually done by other doctors, he likes to do so to make sure for himself everything is ok for surgery. This again demonstrates the type of doctor he is. The surferg went well, i recovered very well, and was able to finish planning my destination wedding and was fit and well to travel. As result of the wedding and other positive but busy life events that followed in the last year I never got around to writing a review until now, but because of my positive experience with Dr Priddy it has remained on my list to do. I'm due to give birth to my first child imminently and got pregnant shockingly quick once decided to try to get pregnant, so the surgery didn't have any negative impact on fertility, as I had feared. Dr Priddy is an amazing doctor, and if you are referred to him you will be in good hands.

19th April 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital

Having had three surgical (two major and one minor) procedures with Mr. Priddy I can wholeheartedly recommend him. I found him to be incredibly thorough, attentive and considerate from the first consultation to the last. Further, even months after surgery, if I had any concerns I could call his secretary whom would convey my concerns and call me back to put me at ease. I found that I have recovered incredibly well after all procedures and know that I would not have been able to conceive had I not had surgery. On a more personal note, I can say that I have trusted Mr. Priddy with my health three times over a ten year period and have always ensured that I have been referred back to him time again as I have complete trust in him and his team. The only regret I have ever had is that I had not been referred to Mr. Priddy much earlier in life as I could have avoided years of excruciating pain and heartache. I now have full health in every aspect thanks to Mr. Priddy and there are not the words to be found to express how much that means to me and my family, especially as I am now a parent.

13th August 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital

So I should have written this review a long time ago.... I was rushed to Northwick Parl with a suspected ruptured ovarian cyst. After a long weekend I was discharged and told to see how things go. I was fortunate enough to have my GP recommend Dr Priddy and days later I had s correct diagnosis and surgery endometriosis about 4 years ago and zoladex after for 9 months. Last January I suspected it might have returned but before I called I took a pregnancy test. I now have 11 month old boy girl twins! Conceived naturally so I'd say any problems early on this is the doctor to see!

5th August 2017
Written by a carer at Northwick Park Hospital

My mum was treated and operated on by Dr Priddy for a long standing fibroid issue. I was very pleased by Dr Priddy's caring, informative and positive attitude. My mum felt at ease to discus her concerns relating to the operation with him. We would highly recommend Dr Priddy for anyone going through similar issues.

27th June 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital

I have been under the care of Mr.Priddy since I needed an emergency appendix out, while the surgeon was there they noticed I had large cysts on my right ovary & it was removed by him. This was about 5 years ago. He explained why they took my ovary out and I found him very helpful & explained everything to me. A few years later my periods started to get heavier after I reached 40 & after scans I was told I had fibroids as well as polyps. I had key hole surgery by Mr.Priddy I was very scared and worried but again Mr.Priddy put me at ease and I was out of hospital after 3 days and recovery was quick. He also found scar tissue from a C-Section (from my son 27 years ago) that he removed which he explained to me. Unfortunately after about 2 years my periods were bad again and after scans my womb showed signs of polyps Mr.Priddy and I came to the conclusion that I needed a full hysterectomy and he would make an incicion where my C-Section was. He told me as I was 47 I would go through the menopause early and he would prescribe me only estrogen tablets until I was 50. I was a bit concerned as I had read that HRT could give you breast cancer, again he explained that this was just a low dose of only estrogen. It would be given on day 3 after op and would help with hot flushes depression and help with me not getting osteoporosis when I'm older. He told me I would need 6 weeks off work and no driving or housework sounded perfect to me! I got married in April and my op was scheduled for 31st May. I felt very confident and as I went down to theatre I wasn't scared or worried as my periods were so bad I thought 6 weeks of my life compared to having a period that lasted 2 weeks and taking so much pain relief it would all be ok. When I came back from surgery I was a bit dopey which is to be expected I had a catheter and Mr. Priddy had kept my husband well informed of the op & everything was a success. I saw Mr.Priddy every day and by day 2 I was up & walking after the catheter was removed on day 2. This was a relief. Day 3 I did experience a lot of pain I had trapped wind but the nurses were fantastic and helped with the pain with really good pain relief. Mr.Priddy was always on hand to discuss any of my concerns and by day 5 I was allowed home. Mr.Priddy has a lovely bedside manner makes you feel comfortable and keeps you informed at every stage. Without his advise and help I don't think I would have had the courage to have this op. It is now 3 weeks since my op and I am walking around and getting stronger I will be seeing Mr. Priddy in 3 weeks and so glad I have had this op. The estrogen pills are doing what they are supposed to be doing and to be honest I feel the same as I did before op but so happy I won't be having those terrible periods and laugh at my friends who moan that they are due on soon. I am so grateful and writing this to help others Mr.Priddy is the best at what he does and his secretary Sue is helpful and they make a great team thank you again.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists