Mr Alvan Priddy

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

13th August 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital

So I should have written this review a long time ago.... I was rushed to Northwick Parl with a suspected ruptured ovarian cyst. After a long weekend I was discharged and told to see how things go. I was fortunate enough to have my GP recommend Dr Priddy and days later I had s correct diagnosis and surgery endometriosis about 4 years ago and zoladex after for 9 months. Last January I suspected it might have returned but before I called I took a pregnancy test. I now have 11 month old boy girl twins! Conceived naturally so I'd say any problems early on this is the doctor to see!

5th August 2017
Written by a carer at Northwick Park Hospital

My mum was treated and operated on by Dr Priddy for a long standing fibroid issue. I was very pleased by Dr Priddy's caring, informative and positive attitude. My mum felt at ease to discus her concerns relating to the operation with him. We would highly recommend Dr Priddy for anyone going through similar issues.

27th June 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital

I have been under the care of Mr.Priddy since I needed an emergency appendix out, while the surgeon was there they noticed I had large cysts on my right ovary & it was removed by him. This was about 5 years ago. He explained why they took my ovary out and I found him very helpful & explained everything to me. A few years later my periods started to get heavier after I reached 40 & after scans I was told I had fibroids as well as polyps. I had key hole surgery by Mr.Priddy I was very scared and worried but again Mr.Priddy put me at ease and I was out of hospital after 3 days and recovery was quick. He also found scar tissue from a C-Section (from my son 27 years ago) that he removed which he explained to me. Unfortunately after about 2 years my periods were bad again and after scans my womb showed signs of polyps Mr.Priddy and I came to the conclusion that I needed a full hysterectomy and he would make an incicion where my C-Section was. He told me as I was 47 I would go through the menopause early and he would prescribe me only estrogen tablets until I was 50. I was a bit concerned as I had read that HRT could give you breast cancer, again he explained that this was just a low dose of only estrogen. It would be given on day 3 after op and would help with hot flushes depression and help with me not getting osteoporosis when I'm older. He told me I would need 6 weeks off work and no driving or housework sounded perfect to me! I got married in April and my op was scheduled for 31st May. I felt very confident and as I went down to theatre I wasn't scared or worried as my periods were so bad I thought 6 weeks of my life compared to having a period that lasted 2 weeks and taking so much pain relief it would all be ok. When I came back from surgery I was a bit dopey which is to be expected I had a catheter and Mr. Priddy had kept my husband well informed of the op & everything was a success. I saw Mr.Priddy every day and by day 2 I was up & walking after the catheter was removed on day 2. This was a relief. Day 3 I did experience a lot of pain I had trapped wind but the nurses were fantastic and helped with the pain with really good pain relief. Mr.Priddy was always on hand to discuss any of my concerns and by day 5 I was allowed home. Mr.Priddy has a lovely bedside manner makes you feel comfortable and keeps you informed at every stage. Without his advise and help I don't think I would have had the courage to have this op. It is now 3 weeks since my op and I am walking around and getting stronger I will be seeing Mr. Priddy in 3 weeks and so glad I have had this op. The estrogen pills are doing what they are supposed to be doing and to be honest I feel the same as I did before op but so happy I won't be having those terrible periods and laugh at my friends who moan that they are due on soon. I am so grateful and writing this to help others Mr.Priddy is the best at what he does and his secretary Sue is helpful and they make a great team thank you again.

18th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital

Dr Priddy is an excellent experienced surgeon. He knows his stuff. He performed a myomectomy on me. I was kept informed step by step of what will be happening before and after my procedure. I felt very comfortable around him. His team who assisted him with the surgery were excellent. I can honestly say that I was smiling until just before I was given anesthetic. His secretary Sue was the best. She responded to all my emails and even sorted out some issues with my insurance company.

7th April 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital

I have been under Mr Priddys care for approximately a year and half now . I feel Mr Priddy takes my concerns and condition very seriously as i suffered with it for many years. He is always reassuring and explains everything thoroughly in such a calming manner. Having had recent surgery for endometriosis, fibroids and bowl adhesions , All I can say is Mr Priddy is wonderful and the care I received was beyond my expectations!! His bed side manner was attentive and very caring and throughout the whole process I felt calm and confident that I was under the great care of himself and his team. Overall Mr Priddy is a true professional, he is compassionate , caring and provides the best attention Highly recommend

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists