Mr Alex Shipolini

• Cardiothoracic surgery

3rd January 2019
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

I can't recommend Mr Shipolini enough, I feel very lucky to have had him as my surgeon. I have a valve replaced and a number of other procedures. He visited me in another hospital, which is apparently unusual and once at Barts I saw him nearly every day, especially after my operation. No-one else on the ward had this type of attention. He put me at ease and with his amazing team around him, who loved him, made the whole experience a much calmer one than it might otherwise have been. As I'm fairly young he did everything he could to try and save my valve, choosing a day that other experienced surgeons were on duty, so that they may have been any support with ideas. As it was it had to go, but I'm feeling brilliant now. Thank you Mr Shiopolini and your loyal team, I feel very lucky.

2nd July 2018
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

I would highly recommend Mr. Shipolini. I had Aortic Valve replacement and double bypass surgery on 27th March 2018. I have now fully recovered and feel great. A big thank you to Mr. Shipolini for all the care that was given to me when I stayed at Barths hospital.

4th June 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The London Independent Hospital

I would recommend Mr Shipolini to anyone that needs a heart bypass. He was very professional in his approach, clear, honest and calming - it was easy to feel secure in the knowledge that he knew exactly what he was doing without being smug about it. I had a quadruple heart bypass in 2008 - just over 10 years ago! Obviously Mr Shipolini did a great job otherwise I would not be leaving this review now. He goes the extra mile. My op was 5 1/2 hours long and when there were complications with bleeding he carried out another operation a couple of hours later for another 3 1/2 hours. He started at 5pm and must not have finished until about 3am. He saved my life. Months after I recovered I needed to discuss ongoing aches and pains in my chest - he was very happy to spend time discussing what this meant - basically it was just pains, not a heart problem, I could pin point where the pain was and he reassured me that if it was more serious I would have a more general pain across my chest. While talking to him he remembered the 'Thank You' cards my young kids had given him at the time of my operation, he still had them.

29th March 2017
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

Mr shipolini is a great surgeon , 3 years ago he performed a quadruple heart bypass for me, he saved my life , he came to see me the night before my operation which was a Sunday evening to reassure me everything would be ok , i just knew i was in safe hands he made me feel a lot less worried about the procedure , i had my operation at the London chest hospital and even the aftercare was excellent , even Mr shipolini personally came to the ward to see all his patients after their operation , he is a wonderful surgeon he saved my life and i truly can't thank him or recommend him enough thank you

20th February 2015
Written by a patient at The London Chest Hospital

Mr Shipolini listens to you and does not have a "front" that a lot of doctors have. He is just normal, kind and caring, apart from being a fantastic surgeon.

Short link to review Mr Alex Shipolini: http://iwgc.net/ebha