Mr Alex Shipolini

17th June 2019

I was referred to Mr. Shipolini by Professor Perry Elliot's clinic at St Bartholemews in London UK. Mr. Shipolini is extremely approachable, friendly, kind and competent. He always listens and shows a genuine personalized interest in his patients. His genuine and kind demeanor coupled with his professionalism and competence is, in my opinion, what has led him to become a stellar cardiothoracic surgeon but without the arrogance often seen. Mr. Shipolini did a surgical left septal reduction and managed to repair my mitral valve with such extreme skill, cardiac imaging technicians could not believe I ever has a mitral regurgitation problem!! Mr. Shipolini is a highly talented cardiothoracic surgeon and well deserves his amazing reputation. I feel privileged and lucky to be one of his patients.

10th January 2019

Mr Shipolini was a kind and considerate consultant . His team were all excellent in dealing with my complex needs. The care I received, particularly in ITU was outstanding. I knew when I was being transferred from Southend to Barts that my case was serious and I will be eternally grateful for this. I am a 78 year old woman who was suddenly struck down with complex heart needs some of which are hereditary. Every aspect of my case was given careful consideration before I was operated on. I cannot thank Mr. Shipping and his great team enough.

3rd January 2019

I can't recommend Mr Shipolini enough, I feel very lucky to have had him as my surgeon. I have a valve replaced and a number of other procedures. He visited me in another hospital, which is apparently unusual and once at Barts I saw him nearly every day, especially after my operation. No-one else on the ward had this type of attention. He put me at ease and with his amazing team around him, who loved him, made the whole experience a much calmer one than it might otherwise have been. As I'm fairly young he did everything he could to try and save my valve, choosing a day that other experienced surgeons were on duty, so that they may have been any support with ideas. As it was it had to go, but I'm feeling brilliant now. Thank you Mr Shiopolini and your loyal team, I feel very lucky.

2nd July 2018

I would highly recommend Mr. Shipolini. I had Aortic Valve replacement and double bypass surgery on 27th March 2018. I have now fully recovered and feel great. A big thank you to Mr. Shipolini for all the care that was given to me when I stayed at Barths hospital.

Written by a patient at BMI The London Independent Hospital
4th June 2018

I would recommend Mr Shipolini to anyone that needs a heart bypass. He was very professional in his approach, clear, honest and calming - it was easy to feel secure in the knowledge that he knew exactly what he was doing without being smug about it. I had a quadruple heart bypass in 2008 - just over 10 years ago! Obviously Mr Shipolini did a great job otherwise I would not be leaving this review now. He goes the extra mile. My op was 5 1/2 hours long and when there were complications with bleeding he carried out another operation a couple of hours later for another 3 1/2 hours. He started at 5pm and must not have finished until about 3am. He saved my life. Months after I recovered I needed to discuss ongoing aches and pains in my chest - he was very happy to spend time discussing what this meant - basically it was just pains, not a heart problem, I could pin point where the pain was and he reassured me that if it was more serious I would have a more general pain across my chest. While talking to him he remembered the 'Thank You' cards my young kids had given him at the time of my operation, he still had them.

• Cardiothoracic surgery