Miss Anushka Chaudhry

Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon

18th November 2016
Written by a patient at The Great Western Hospital

Miss Chaudhry was simply great. My concerns were listened to and there were many but she thought of ways to overcome them and helped me feel better about myself. It was a long haul with minor complications on the way due to the way my body reacted to surgery but each time she tried different ways to over come this. I am extremely grateful to her and her excellent skills and now feel confident in my body. Breast cancer is not a nice thing to have but her positive attitude gave me confidence which helped me get through it. I would just like to THANK YOU but words are not enough.

3rd September 2016
Written by a patient at The Great Western Hospital

I had great care from Miss A Chaudhry.I felt so at ease with what I was having done I had a mastectomy in June with miss Chaudhry doing the surgery. I'm still waiting for more surgery and I have every confidence in Miss Chaudhry doing my surgery.

7th July 2016
Written by a patient at The Great Western Hospital

Ms Chaudhry was a fantastic doctor. Her confident manner from the initial meeting made both myself and my husband feel completely at ease. She was also really friendly and came across as very caring. The surgery went really well and I'm very pleased with the results. I would absolutely recommend her to others.

4th July 2016
Written by a patient at The Great Western Hospital

Reference - 4 July2016 re letter 21 April from Ms Anushka Chaudhry MBBS FRCS to Dr Currie Lambourn Surgery - your ref AC/sp I write in retrospection of the procedures to eleminate the cancer in my breast which were successful on 28 April last. Also 11 nodes examined were free of cancer cells. At this date I have had good recovery and the scar is well healed. Because of inability to drive due to macular degeneration pro temp I have had difficulty in obtaining a bra but Sarah at prosethesis fitting is seeing me on Wednesday next to help out! On Thursday next I am seeing Anushka's colleague a Mr. Hawkins as further referral from my doctor is due to me finding small lumps in the existing breast which are possibly only cysts - in the past I have had two surgical removals of lumps which were found to be benign. Because of the high opinion and good relationship I have had with M/s Chaudrey subsequent to the surgery I saw one of her colleagues and was prescribed Anastrozole which necessitated a bone scan. At the time of the biopsy I had bone x-rays because I suffer from lower back spinal degeneration. At this date I am more and more downhill both in temperament, raw skin under arms and existing breast and lower regions including around the vagina etc. I have been treated with steroid cream and use a medicated powder to dry up the condition. I am unable to proceed normally like occasional outings and lie up in bed the next day completely zonked moreover if I sit down in a chair I fall asleep in the middle of the day after awakening in the morning am ready to proceed with life in the ordinary. I now don't take things in my stride and my husband after 56 years of marriage thinks I show signs of a changed personality, irritability and intolerant behaviour. I see from looking up breast cancer that I am at a low risk of recurring cancer and all 11 nodes are free. It does seem a shame to me that after such wonderful surgery eliminating the cancer that I am existing at such a low level of living. Following the surgery I had no symptoms of melancholia or depression because I was so relieved to get rid of invasive cells in my body.I am showing no signs of vanity at going around without a bra - just adopting cotton clothes to relieve the rash and scarves and loose clothing to appear presentable in public. When I see Mr Hawkins on Thursday I hope we can come to a decision to stop taking the drug which I feel is producing all these symptoms and making me miserable and unhappy, much as I try to proceed with the usual optimism to life and always being able to take everything in my stride. However, it does remain for me to say a big thank you to Anushka Chaudhry for all her kind considerations shown to me, not just in medical procedures but in encouraging me and therefore caring for my general well-being which I consider to be put at risk by Anastazole. I am willing to take any risks involved in discontinuing the drug which I hope will enable me to recover my former behaviour - at the age of 80 I feel I could take this risk. I have only just been able to find this communication from one of Anushka's letters to my G.P. Thank you for reading!!

22nd June 2016
Written by a member of staff at The Great Western Hospital

While working with Miss Chaudhry it became quite clear why is she very popular with patients, Miss Chaudhry has a natural ability to put patients at ease giving them her full attention and offering as much time as necessary to give honest in depth information on treatments and recovery ensuring that each patient is treated as an individual. Miss Chaudhry is dedicated full of passion and enthusiasm for her job making sure that every patient receives the best possible care and an outcome of the highest standard

Short link to review Miss Anushka Chaudhry: http://iwgc.net/egc6d