Dr Winston De Mello

• Anaesthetics and ITU

29th November 2017
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

The most amazing man. I was so unhappy with a condition that i had had for over three years. I saw many other doctors, who claim to be specialists and were useless with their generic treatment plans - unless it's a standard condition that can be pigeonholed under a big umbrella and with a simple treatment protocol, they were only interested in trying to suggest it is all in your head. Dr. De Mello literally saved my life - firstly by LISTENING, secondly by TAKING ME SERIOUSLY, thirdly by giving me PATIENCE and TIME and lastly because he was GENUINE and above all is an EXPERIENCED expert who KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS DOING. He had me fixed and gave me my life back. I will never be able to thank him enough. Patients always come first with Dr. De Mello. Four years on and doing well thanks to him. I will never forget his kindness. His approach was amazing, he explained everything so you could understand your condition and i felt empowered to help myself where i could. My mum came with me to the appointments because all of the other incompetent specialists before him who made me worse (and scared for my next appointment), like i didn't want to even live. He literally saved my life. He engaged with my mum and acknowledged her as an important part of my support network. I will never be able to thank him enough.

Nearest Anaesthetists and ITU specialists