Dr Walied Mowafi

• Neurology

17th August 2016
Written by a carer at Calderdale Royal Hospital

This man is the rudest man I have ever met in my life. He has no bedside manners. There wasn't even a smile or a hello, nor did he shake my son's hand or introduce himself. I understand that these Drs probably see hundreds of patients a week, but all we wanted was a smile. He kept asking questions with his back to us and didn't show any interest in us at all. If he doesn't enjoy his work, why does he continue to do it? Surely there must be someone who can ensure that this Dr starts to treat his patients in a caring, respectful manner. One bad review I can understand, but if there's several, it's high time someone took action against this man.

12th January 2016
Written by a carer at Calderdale Royal Hospital

At the last appointment the other consultant in the team clearly stated that my partners symptoms clearly pointed towards ms. Dr Mowafi completely dismissed this. My partner had spent an hour writing out symptoms etc and had to be insistent in reading it out. This Dr looked disinterested and showed no compassion or caring!!! How do these people become Drs!!! We will be asking for another opinion but not by this Dr!! A shocking indictment of the Nhs! I had the distinct feeling that this Dr was bored and tired of his job but happy to collect his salary!!!

31st December 2015
Written by a carer at Calderdale Royal Hospital

I concur with other reviews. This doctor was abrupt and has an apparently uncaring manner. At one consultation even though he was in the room next door he would not come into our consulting room to discuss diagnosis and treatment. In any other profession he would be under disciplinary review and eventually fired.

19th September 2015
Written by a carer at Calderdale Royal Hospital

Dr Muwafi is very rude and does not listen, interrupting when trying to explain anything to him. He has in the past totally ignored the patient and spoken over his head. He is slow sending out instructions for changes of medication. With ongoing change in medication, what good is three or six monthly appointments, surely at these times closer supervision is required. He had been very late for appointments at times (once and hour). Ran in dropped notes, asked what medication the patient was on, muttered a few words and ran out. What the heck?????

21st April 2015
Written by a patient at Calderdale Royal Hospital

Abrupt, rude and doesn't listen. He will never have a waiting time as you get two minutes maximum. Made to feel like I'm stupid because of my symptoms! I will be asking for a new neurologist.

Short link to review Dr Walied Mowafi: http://iwgc.net/eex2x