Dr Walied Mowafi

• Neurology

24th March 2018
Written by a patient at Calderdale Royal Hospital

Seen a number of times by this "Doctor", who appears to have forgotten “First do no harm”. He has actually answered "Yes" when asked if I'd heard him correctly and he wanted me to go into a locked room for observation, with no promise that the door would ever be opened to allow me out. Between him and the previous specialist seen at what was Halifax General Hospital, I'm left knowning that my records have been shared, for research purposes. Neither asked for consent before forwarding them on. Circumnavigating the system in place to prevent this. To say that he's dismissive is putting it mildly & being polite about it. I've seen many specialist over the years, born with epilepsy and brought up with it. I've lost count of the number of variations of medications I've been placed on over the years for the condition. Even medical records as an in-patient were dismissed as being wrong. To those familar with the condtion, you may understand what I mean when I say "I was there, but not there". I'm uncertain if he's able to actually read the records, or it's pure arrogance on his part that allows him to dismiss what other doctors have written for over 50 years. I'd a list of medication read off, by him, that I was "taking". To each of those I answered "No", and could see him getting more annoyed every time No was given as answer. He didn't agree with what I was actually taking. Last repeat precription with me to show him, not interested in what that said. I was dismissed from his "care" as I did not have epilepsy, it was asthma, not his field. He has blamed another Doctor, for the mistakes, not himself for not actually listening. I've been left wondering what treatment will be received/given the next time I'm taken into A&E, given the way he has managed to make a mess of what the patient tried to tell him. It's not a case of if, but when. I've already received treatment where one drug should not be used. I was able to refuse it, explain why I didn't want it. The last time it was given, six years ago, I was told I was lucky. They still kept me in for observation though. Will I be believed next time? It seems to have been removed by him from the list of medications/drugs not to be given. Present one morning, when his whole days surgery had to be cancelled. He was at his private practice, never thinking to inform anyone. Having waited three hours, a new appointment had to be made. We as patients are told what a missed appointment costs the NHS, wonder what the cost of that morning was because the doctor didn't show. You miss your appointment, you're off the books. No questions. To the person who wrote the review on the 23rd March, does the name of who you'll be seeing appear on the list at the side? I'd rather not give any star award, but the system won't allow that. The one star awarded is purely for the system, not Mr Mowafi. He's not that good.

23rd March 2018
Written by a patient at Calderdale Royal Hospital

I went to see this dr in November on a two week wait for epilepsy, the first time I met he was rude, asked why I had been referred on a two week wait, sent me for some tests and that was it. Bearing in mind I had waited over an hour for this appointment. He was rude and his bed side manner left a lot to be desired. The second appointment was with his understudy, who looked at my scan results, said I had epilepsy, gave me medication and sent me home, after waiting another 50 mins after the time of my appointment. Third appointment was back to dr mauwafi, he was an hour and a half late, my mum came with me this time, she was asking about could it be this, he said no it’s definitely epilepsy, then he is saying I’m sending you for more tests, I haven’t diagnosed you yet. What?! He also tried telling me what my episodes were like, saying I was in a dream like state and shouldn’t have my licence back. I have never said this, as this is not what happens. He is very rude, doesn’t listen, doesn’t like being challenged. He is right and you are wrong. He never apologised for the waiting time ever, yet if I was 5 mins late he probably wouldn’t see me! I have been back to the gp to be referred to another consultant. He needs to understand that the people he is seeing are very poorly and scared. At the end of the day it’s our health, to them it may just be a job but it’s our lives. He needs to be retrained.

23rd November 2017
Written by a patient at Calderdale Royal Hospital

Very rude doctors I was feeling like I was wasting his time. He didn’t want listen to anything. I have optic nerves Damage and he said why are you doing in hospital you should be in eye clinic. I told him I was referred. Very rude never want to see him again. I hope NHS can do something about him. I didn’t know he had so many bad reviews.

31st May 2017
Written by a patient at Calderdale Royal Hospital

The rudest and most dismissive person I have ever had the misfortune to have had to have a consultation with. He even got the diagnosis wrong though he had the results of my HEAD MRI in front of him. He never once looked me in the face. His voice is loud and he's got an aggressive personality. I didn't, and never would feel safe in his "care" because in fact, he doesn't care. I would flatly refuse to ever see him again! In the wrong job completely. He'd be better suited to working in a kitchen where he could bark out his instructions. Goodness only knows why he hasn't been dismisses. A dreadful experience, never to be repeated. Horrible man with zero empathy.

8th May 2017
Written by a patient at Calderdale Royal Hospital

I have never in all my life met anyone like this Dr, His rudeness shone through on the onset of my appointment. He is rude disinterested, talks over you and makes you feel as though you are wasting his time. He must be costing the NHS a fortune with his attitude and poor planning. He has no interest in the problem at all and definitely no interest in the patients. Overall a very rude and offensive DR.

Nearest Neurologists