Dr Walied Mowafi

• Neurology

28th March 2017
Written by a patient at Calderdale Royal Hospital

Dismissive towards my concerns and accounts of any symptoms, forwarded inaccurate notes of appointments to GP saying I had experienced things I had not said . After 3 years of being treated for epilepsy I got a second opinion and was told there was no evidence of it whatsoever, which is what I had believed all along. Was diagnosed during pregnancy and pressured to take medication and told if I didn't I was putting my baby at risk. Very distressing, due to lack of care and disregard for my actual symptoms, as they didn't fit his diagnosis. Unbelievable.

25th March 2017
Written by a patient at Calderdale Royal Hospital

Ignorant. Totally dismissive. Needs to go. Wasting NHS time, Patients Time and Money

17th August 2016
Written by a carer at Calderdale Royal Hospital

This man is the rudest man I have ever met in my life. He has no bedside manners. There wasn't even a smile or a hello, nor did he shake my son's hand or introduce himself. I understand that these Drs probably see hundreds of patients a week, but all we wanted was a smile. He kept asking questions with his back to us and didn't show any interest in us at all. If he doesn't enjoy his work, why does he continue to do it? Surely there must be someone who can ensure that this Dr starts to treat his patients in a caring, respectful manner. One bad review I can understand, but if there's several, it's high time someone took action against this man.

12th January 2016
Written by a carer at Calderdale Royal Hospital

At the last appointment the other consultant in the team clearly stated that my partners symptoms clearly pointed towards ms. Dr Mowafi completely dismissed this. My partner had spent an hour writing out symptoms etc and had to be insistent in reading it out. This Dr looked disinterested and showed no compassion or caring!!! How do these people become Drs!!! We will be asking for another opinion but not by this Dr!! A shocking indictment of the Nhs! I had the distinct feeling that this Dr was bored and tired of his job but happy to collect his salary!!!

31st December 2015
Written by a carer at Calderdale Royal Hospital

I concur with other reviews. This doctor was abrupt and has an apparently uncaring manner. At one consultation even though he was in the room next door he would not come into our consulting room to discuss diagnosis and treatment. In any other profession he would be under disciplinary review and eventually fired.

Nearest Neurologists