Calderdale Royal Hospital

Salterhebble, Halifax, West Yorkshire, England, HX3 0PW

2nd November 2018

I would give ward 4c five stars without reservation. Staff all absolutely wonderful, hard working and really dedicated right through every job on the ward . I must especially mention that Andrew with the tea trolley is a breath of fresh air with his caring and sense of humour. Thank you to all of you. A and E was a different matter. The triage nurse was lovely but then when I eventually was taken through the nurse (I can’t believe she was qualified but wore the correct uniform) shouted at me the whole time as though I was deaf like in a bad comedy. As I was there with terrible migraine this seems totally insensitive. But the worst thing was when she put a tube in my arm, causing bleeding. She wiped blood off my arm, then wiped the floor with the same paper towel and then returned to wiping my arm with the SAME paper towel!!!!! Unbelievable! No sensible adult would wipe an open wound with a paper towel already used to wipe a floor. If I hadn’t been so ill maybe I could have been able to stop her but it happened so quickly and I was absolutely gobsmacked so I couldn’t

23rd December 2016

BILATERAL LABIAPLASTY I experienced discomfort, lack of sexual confidence, and physical pain with my labia for over 9 years. Other doctors I had seen about this problem had never taken me seriously before because it "looked normal", but the Calderdale staff were exceptional. From my first appointment to my surgery, everyone was incredibly professional. The way the staff handled my aichmophobia was great and they always made sure I was comfortable and barely felt a thing. I went to seek advice about my labia and what to do about them, very comfortable with the idea of surgery. I was incredibly lucky to have been squeezed into a last minute surgery slot at the original consultation. On the same day I completed my pre-assessment, and within a week of my first appointment I was in surgery! I cannot praise the doctors, nurses, surgeons and anaesthetists enough for their compassionate care and helpfulness. My surgeon ensured me that my labia were very normal and healthy upon inspection, and when I explained the issues I was having he was very empathetic and also made it clear that it was entirely my choice whether or not I was to go on with the surgery. A week later on the day of the surgery, he made sure to ask and double check with me that I was still happy to go ahead, and of course I was incredibly keen and happy to proceed. After an hour-long surgery, I woke up happy and feeling great (albeit a little drunk on anaesthesia). The only pain I felt immediately after the surgery was a small burning sensation akin to a UTI, which disappeared after an hour or so. I made sure to keep on top of my codeine dose if I felt any pain, but none of it was unbearable. It is now day 2, the swelling has gone down significantly, and I'm not in any pain as long as I waddle carefully and ensure I don't pull on any stitches by sitting in the wrong position! I was expecting to be in a significant amount of pain but I've felt great, zero nausea throughout any of this. Thank you so much. **(If you can afford to, please support the NHS as many people unable to afford essential treatment will fall gravely ill without it.)**

30th July 2013

We had a very personal tragedy back in 2004 and the care we received was outstanding - the staff could not do enough for us. Visits to the hospital since then have been exactly the same and we are treat wonderfully. Staff are always happy to help if you are lost and can't find somewhere and your worries and concerns are always met with detailed explanations and convincing reassurances. I've been many times to A&E both personally and in my work role and again the staff are outstanding. You may at times be waiting the full anticipated 4 hours waiting time but the care you receive is thorough. I had a major operation in 2008, was in hospital 6 days and was cared for extremely well. I felt at deaths door at one point and had virtually one to one care with one nurse in particular - she was worth her weight in gold and an absolute credit to the hospital - i could not have asked for more. I do not hesitate, ever, to go back to the Calderdale Royal and believe you get some of the best treatment and care throughout Yorkshire.

{{category}} working at Calderdale Royal Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Calderdale Royal Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3tz