dr-sinclair-gore

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

#sayThankYou

I can’t thank Mr Gore enough, he has changed my life and enhanced my confidence after operating on my bowel from Crohn’s disease. It was a major operation and one I wasn’t looking forward to as I was so scared, especially having two young children. He made me feel comfortable from the first time we met. He answered all my strange questions and reassured me every step of the way. I had every faith in him. I would highly recommend him for anyone that needs his care. I was lucky enough to have found a consultant, not only for the outstanding work he performs but the care he puts into it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

27th April 2020
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford
23rd April 2020

Great care and detail was provided throughout the whole process, start to finish. The results are amazing, so natural and I could not be happier. After only a short period post-surgery, the implants began to feel like part of my body, as if they were always there. The scarring is already well healed and is shrinking. I have had so many compliments (from those I told about the surgery) and those who did not know were shocked to find out these were not my natural breasts. I simply cannot fault this process, from the initial consultation I felt comfortable and everything I said was heard - be that concerns over complications, size or anaesthetic! It has transformed how I feel about myself and I would recommend Mr Sinclair Gore to anyone.

Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford
21st April 2020

I started looking into rhinoplasty in February 2019 after years of being unhappy with my nose. A general enquiry on an online forum lead to several recommendations from people, including one for Sinclair Gore. After lots of research I narrowed down my list of surgeons and made my consultation appointment. When I met Dr Gore, he made me feel so at ease, being both professional yet friendly. I didn't feel rushed as we talked through the concerns I had with my nose and how it impacted on my daily life. After some conversation Dr Gore said that it was clear that I really wanted this surgery, but that he needed to be sure that I had realistic expectations regarding how rhinoplasty would or wouldn't change how I felt about myself, and he asked me if I would be willing to meet with a psychologist to discuss this further with her. I was so certain that I wanted Dr Gore to be my surgeon that I agreed. Following my assessment, Dr Gore, Dr Dalton and myself met together to have a final discussion about my expectations. It was clear that Dr Gore genuinely cared about my mental health and had taken these steps to ensure that I was making the right decision for myself. After Dr Gore had agreed to be my surgeon, he showed me some morphed images he had made of my face to establish the degree of change I was looking for with my nose. After we had settled on an image that I felt most represented my desired outcome, Dr Gore's assistant Fiona helped me book my surgery in for July 2019. Dr Gore made it clear that I could call Fiona at any time to arrange an appointment if I had any issues or concerns and he would meet with me to discuss it. One week prior to my surgery I started to get very nervous and I made an appointment to see him the following day. Dr Gore took the time to go through images of previous rhinoplasty patients (with their consent) and I left the office feeling reassured that I had made the right choice. On the day of my surgery Dr Gore came to my room to greet me and asked if I had any final questions or issues and reassured me that everything was going to be fine. The nurses at Manor Hospital and the anaesthetist, Simon, were also all very friendly and helpful. Even when I went through to theatre and started panicking slightly, they stayed with me and reassured me. The next thing, I woke up on the ward and Mr Gore was there, telling me that everything had gone well. I later found out that during surgery my right nostril had unexpectedly collapsed as I had very little natural cartilage. Dr Gore rebuilt this so well that I have never been able to tell anything had even happened to it. I also discovered that Dr Gore had opened my sinuses up slightly and I have been able to breathe so well since my surgery. Shortly after I was moved back to my room, Dr Gore came to check in on me once again and tell me that he had personally called my mother to tell her she could come and visit me, as she had been almost as nervous as myself. He also came back the following morning to see me one last time before I went home. I was provided with all the equipment and instructions required to help clean my nose, and given the assurance that I could call at any time if I had concerns. Nine days after my surgery I returned to have my splint removed and when I saw my nose for the first time, I was absolutely delighted. My previous nose was straight with a slight hump, but I now had a lovely slope. I had previously never allowed any photos of myself from the side and would try to avoid standing beside people, but from the day I had my splint removed I have never felt that anxiety again. My nose was also straight and symmetrical and has remained so to this day. The aftercare I have received from Dr Gore has been fabulous. Although I am already over the moon with my result, I cannot wait to see the final outcome after the healing is finished. Dr Gore offers a post-op check two years after surgery to follow-up with patients and check the final result. It is my understanding that very few surgeons offer this, and is another example of how much he cares about his patients and his work. Having my rhinoplasty with Sinclair Gore was undoubtedly a great decision and I recommend that anybody considering surgery have a consultation with him. He is kind, caring, honest and very skilled. I cannot thank him enough for everything he has done for me.

Written by a patient at The Churchill
16th April 2020

I hold Mr. Gore in the highest regard. I was a patient at the Churchill Hospital Oxford mid-February diagnosed with cancer, resulting in surgery for a Larynx-Pharyngectomy. This was a major 12 hr operation involving several surgical and nursing disciplines. I was under Mr Gores’ care for Plastic Surgery and his friendly character put me at ease immediately. Mr Gore explained the intended procedure in detail which appealed to my technical aptitude and this instantly registered with me as being extremely talented. Surgery entailed removal of the Larynx (voice box) and partial Pharynx-Oesopheagus. Tissue and muscle were then removed from my left thigh for reconstruction with vital life-giving veins reconnected by micro-surgery in the neck. Post operation I am recovering well, everything works. I am not a vain person but can say the resulting cosmetic appearance is very pleasing. Throughout recovery in hospital and whilst convalescing at home, including during the Coronavirus period, Mr Gore left nothing unchecked telephoning several times at home for a review. I am now bouncing forward to enjoy a new chapter of my life. One which I may never have seen. Thank you.

Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe
9th April 2020

An exceptional doctor, whose interpersonal skills immediately put me at ease. Dr. Gore was driven to get an optimal outcome and to this end always listened intently to have a complete picture. This holistic approach enabled me to be part of the process and I was consulated at every step during this process. My procedure was a nasal reconstruction. From arriving early in the morning until being discharged the next day, I was amazed by the compassion and professionalism of the entire staff, led by Dr. Gore. They are a credit to the NHS in Oxford and deserved to be held up as a shining example of healthcare. Dr Gore's expertise in rhinoplasty resulted in an excellent outcome. I have regular checkups with Dr Gore and he also telephones to check how I'm doing. If you are hesitant, as I was, about having a procedure, I can only implore you to make an appointment with Dr Gore.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Mr Sinclair Gore was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

I work as a Consultant Plastic Surgeon in Oxford (OUH and the Manor Hospital) and Reading (The Royal Berkshire Hospital, The Spire Dunedin and the Forbury Clinic). Beyond my broad general plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery practice I have a reconstructive subspecialty experience and interest in complex facial and Head & Neck reconstruction.

Nearest Plastic surgeons