the-churchill

Old Road, Headington, Oxford, England, OX3 7LJ

28th August 2018

brilliant.

28th March 2018

This refers to the Cancer Day Treatment Unit where my sister has been receiving her Chemo treatment since 2009. They have always given good treatment and over the years I have seen lots of improvements in communication, waiting times, pharmacy and appointments. The staff are so dedicated, caring and hard working, they treat my sister with dignity and respect, often the nurses have stayed well beyond their duty times to ensure that she has her test results, her medication and she is in the safe hands of her transport driver. They also phone me to give me all results and decisions so that I can ensure my sister is well informed and taking the correct medication, enabling me to continue her care. They always return phone call messages and give great support.

28th February 2018

I was diagnosed with olfactory neuroblastoma in June 2016, & had a medial maxillectomy at the Churchill Hospital, followed by 6 weeks of radiotherapy. The operation went well, but I found the radiotherapy very tiring & it took several months for me to recover my energy. Unfortunately there was a recurrence of the tumour & in July 2017 I had hemimaxillectomy & reconstruction. There were some complications which meant I was in the Churchill for 6 weeks. In November 2017 I had a "tidy up" operation to improve my appearance. I found all the nursing & medical staff very sympathetic & supportive & very patient in explaining procedures at each stage. Blenheim ward was clean & spacious & light & airy. Now, in February 2018, I feel much more my usual self. My energy levels are improving week by week & I feel much more confident in my appearance. There is some more plastic surgery work to do, such as replacing the teeth I lost, but I have every confidence that this will be completed successfully by the team at the Churchill.

Satisfied with service

Length of time

Confidence and trust

Blood tests
7th February 2018
Written by a family member

Food could be better.

1st February 2018

I was seen on 1st February in Dr Felton's clinic at Dermatology Outpatients at the Churchill Hospital. The care I received was excellent. I was seen on time, and was fully informed of all the decisions being made about my treatment. The area was clean and well decorated and all the staff I encountered, both clinical and administrative, were helpful and efficient. Thank you