Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

If you can spare a few moments, please do leave a review so that I can reflect on your experience and aim to constantly improve. Your reviews will also be discussed as part of my annual appraisal as a doctor. I endeavour to respond to every review if I can. About Me: I was born and grew up in North West London. I graduated from University College London Medical School in 2000 and became a GP in 2004. Currently I have two main roles: 1) Clinical role as a Sessional GP (currently mainly at Cloister Road Surgery) and 2) Management role as a GP Lead for Ealing Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). I have worked in a variety of GP Practices across London, but mainly in Ealing and Harrow. This has included long periods at Barnabas Medical Centre and Hillview Surgery in Ealing.

17th October 2018
Written by a patient at Cloister Road Surgery

Dr Shankar Vijaydeva was very thorough and gave me 45 minutes for one appointment. Besides addressing my problems, he advised me extensively based on my file. He sent his advice and several other links via text message as well. On another occasion he gave me a referral for a specialist and even called the hospital in order to expedite the appointment. He is a very helpful doctor who goes the extra mile for his patient.

Written by a patient at Cloister Road Surgery

A very professional attitude,highly skilled,thank you.

15th October 2018
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

Thank you for your kind comment!

Written by a patient at Cloister Road Surgery

A doctor who listens to you.

16th October 2018
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

Thanks - I am glad you could tell that I do try to actively listen, even if I am unable to give eye contact because I am multitasking by looking at the computer monitor due to the limited 10 minute consultation time available.

2nd October 2018
Written by a patient at Cloister Road Surgery

Dr Vijayadeva explained test results, clinical decision making and plan in a clear and helpful way. I am grateful for the additional information provided about risk assessment tools and how promptly that was provided. In addition to the above, I appreciated Dr Vijayadeva's kind manner and the time he took to respond to my concerns despite the work pressures GPs face.

4th October 2018
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

You are welcome! I am glad you found the explanation helpful. It is really appreciated that you recognise the ever increasing work pressures facing GPs. Thank you taking the time to leave your feedback.

1st October 2018
Written by a patient at Cloister Road Surgery

I highly recommend Dr Vijayadeva as he is very professional, knowledgeable and attentive. Dr checked my health record / blood tests and took action to update and complete it. This "going the extra mile" attitude to solve the patient's health issue is very valuable. I hope my health issue is temporary as I like sport and active lifestyle. It is important for me to speed recovery and remove pain. I asked for physiotherapy due to a very painful ankle but I also received stronger painkillers, leaflets with information and exercises and I will soon have a blood test. Dr. was very helpful and patient. He explained me it might took a time to get better, as well as answered all my questions. Excellent service.Thank you!

4th October 2018
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

Really touched by your feedback - thank you! Unfortunately “going that extra mile” does mean I can often be running quite late in surgery, which I appreciate can be frustrating for waiting patients.