Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

If you can spare a few moments, please do leave a review so that I can reflect on your experience and aim to constantly improve. Your reviews will also be discused as part of my annual appraisal as a doctor. I endeavour to respond to every review if I can. About Me: I graduated from University College London Medical School in 2000 and became a GP in 2004. I have worked in a variety of GP Practices across London, but mainly in Ealing and Harrow. Currently I have two main roles working as a Salaried GP at Barnabas Medical Centre and as a Clinical Lead for Ealing Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). I have previously worked for long periods of time at Cloister Road Surgery and Hillview Surgery in Ealing.

29th November 2016
Written by a patient at The Barnabas Medical Ctre

I had 3 concerns about my health and i was taken through each one with care, dignity and explanation. Never rushed and very comfortable with my visit.

2nd December 2016
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

Glad you had a good experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave me your feedback.

Written by a patient at The Barnabas Medical Ctre

We assume that day in, day out Dr's deal with issues like blood pressure, diabetes etc. But GP's can also be the first, and sometimes the only port of call for Mental Health. Telephone consultation with Dr Vijay who has a skill of eliciting information, builds a picture of symptoms and continually analyses. Dr Vijay 'gently' trys to persuade me to regain control of mental health...and when too much is going on he prioritises and puts things aside until the time is right. The NHS is just lucky to have this type of Dr within its system.

20th November 2016
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

Thank you for what I think might be your 2nd review of me. I suspect a significant proportion of the public and health professionals do not really understand the increasing complexity and breadth of issues that GPs handle (growing daily). Issues like blood pressure and diabetes can be (in some ways) more straightforward to manage as there is lots of formal guidance to follow. Yet mental health (by its nature) can be more of an "unscripted art" rather than a "science" to navigate. I really glad that you felt I "gently" tried to persuade you as there is always the risk of misunderstanding and miscommunication, especially over the phone. I really hope our discussion does help you make progress with your mental health and I await our next phone consultation!

18th November 2016
Written by a patient at The Barnabas Medical Ctre

Dr Shanker is the best doctor I've had in six years I've been in this country. He listens to your concerns, give a good advice, has a wide knowledge of physical issues. He is not the type of telling you to take paracetamol for every illness but actually will send you for further test if they are needed. He remembers me and my previous history of illness and he seems very varying. Its a shame that he has a limited time to see patients in the practice.

20th November 2016
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

Thank you for your kind words - it is really appreciated. As per Nov 2016, I currently work 6 sessions (total of 3 full days) per week at The Barnabas Medical Centre and the remainder of the time (2 days a week), I do a management / clinical lead role in the NHS. This is actually my choice (nothing to do with practice etc.) as the two jobs are very different but compliment each other. It is really challenging for GPs to work full-time seeing patients as the work is become ever more intensive and challenging. Hence my balance of jobs lets me use different skills to benefit patients in different ways, as well as helping reduce my personal risk of "burnout".

17th November 2016
Written by a patient at The Barnabas Medical Ctre

One of the best doctors I've ever had. Always listens and doesn't make you feel like I'm wasting his time. Thank you

20th November 2016
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

Thank you so much for your lovely comments.

4th November 2016

The best doctor ever!!!

5th November 2016
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

Not so sure, but thanks for the kind words!

Short link to review Dr Shanker Vijayadeva: http://iwgc.net/eftdw