dr-shanker-vijayadeva

Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

23rd February 2021

Very caring and good at listening

19th February 2021

The doctor was very nice and caring, he listened to me and answered all my questions in detail. He explained the next steps carefully and said that I can always come back to him, if I would have more questions or any concerns. It was a great service and very comfortable to speak to the doctor.

15th February 2021

Very kind doctor, very careful about what I would tell him. He took my concerns seriously. He gave me advice about all my health issues. Well done!!

8th February 2021

Dr Vijay was extremely quick to respond back to me and gave me plenty of time to discuss my issue with him as well as time to have a think about my opinions before many a decision for my health. He was very understanding.

11th February 2021
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! It is appreciated.

Written by a patient at Cloister Road Surgery
28th January 2021

Dr Vijay is one of the most kind and understanding doctors i have spoken to. Much like the other Dr’s at the practice he really listened to me and made me feel comfortable discussing my injury, he didnt make me feel afraid to speak, and he was supportive in helping to get me some time off of work to recover. Dr Vijay is super polite and knows exactly how to speak with patients to make them feel comfortable to engage in conversation. He is very efficient and caring. On a less positive note, I will say that at times, the receptionists at this GP practice can be a little rude (one in particular), on 2 occasions one receptionist has brushed me off when calling to get an appointment to speak with Dr Vijay, and on another occasion would not listen to the clear symptoms of illness i was giving her, which i found extremely rude and as i also work for the NHS in a hospital, i do not feel like this was the correct way to follow her duty of care toward patients.

11th February 2021
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

Thank you for your positive feedback for me (really kind!). I am sorry to hear about your experience with some of our receptionists. There has been some recent changes in our reception staff and review of processes. It has been quite challenging to rapidly adopt different ways of working during the Covid-19 pandemic. We are currently seeking to recruit further reception staff. We are hoping that these changes will enhance the experience of patients. Please do feel free to contact me or our practice manager directly if you wish to share more details about your experience with our reception staff, so we can explore this further. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Dr Shanker Vijayadeva was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

If you can spare a few moments, please do leave a review so that I can reflect on your experience and aim to constantly improve. Your reviews will also be discussed as part of my annual appraisal as a doctor. I endeavour to respond to every review if I can. About Me: I was born and grew up in North West London. I graduated from University College London Medical School in 2000 and became a GP in 2004. Currently I have two main roles: 1) Clinical role as GP at Cloister Road Surgery and 2) Management role as a GP Lead for Ealing Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). I have worked in a variety of GP Practices across London, but mainly in Ealing and Harrow. This has included long periods at Barnabas Medical Centre and Hillview Surgery in Ealing.

Short link to review Dr Shanker Vijayadeva: http://iwgc.net/eftdw