Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

If you can spare a few moments, please do leave a review so that I can reflect on your experience and aim to constantly improve. Your reviews will also be discussed as part of my annual appraisal as a doctor. I endeavour to respond to every review if I can. About Me: I was born and grew up in North West London. I graduated from University College London Medical School in 2000 and became a GP in 2004. Currently I have two main roles: 1) Clinical role as a Sessional GP (mainly at Cloister Road Surgery from Jan 2018) and 2) Management role as a GP Lead for Ealing Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). I have worked in a variety of GP Practices across London, but mainly in Ealing and Harrow. This has included long periods at Barnabas Medical Centre and Hillview Surgery in Ealing.

Written by a patient at Cloister Road Surgery

Very understanding and patient. Took a great deal of time to explain and listened to all of our concerns very sensitively.

21st January 2018
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

Glad you felt that way about the consultation. Thank you for your feedback.

Written by a patient at Cloister Road Surgery

Even though I came to see this doctor when I was in a very bad way he dealt with me holistically and was very quick and patient. He looked at all aspects of my health and made some observations that the previous in house doctor had not picked up. Normally when I am sick the GP gives me antibiotics that I am allergic to which makes me more sick. I am pleased to say that this doctor found the right ones and I was not sick

19th January 2018
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

Really pleased to hear you were happy about your consultation and that we found an antibiotic that suited you. Thank you for taking the time to leave me your feedback.

Written by a patient at Cloister Road Surgery

Very good and well organised GP Practice However on occasions the waiting times to see a GP is challenging and upsetting. At my practice I was fortunate to be offered a phone call consultation with Dr Vijayadeva. He was succinct, understanding and very helpful. For patients who commute or have other commitments after hours, a phone call consultation is ideal and has exactly the same purpose of a normal GP consultation, unless of course the patient needs to be physically examined which was not my case in that instance. Nonetheless, for requesting blood tests or general health advice it is a step forward

18th January 2018
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

I agree that phone consultations can be really useful when used appropriately. Personally I find them more effective for follow up than for assessing new problems. Thank you for taking the time to leave me feedback.

Written by a patient at Cloister Road Surgery

Dr Shanker Vijayadeva is amazing! He is a first Dr who actually listen to what I got to say and sometimes that's all what you expect from your doctor. He is kind, brilliant adviser and I would highly recommend him!

18th January 2018
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

Really touched by your kind words and recommendation - thank you!

17th January 2018
Written by a patient at Cloister Road Surgery

The doctor was more informative than previous doctors and refreshingly straight forward in explaining his advice and recommended strategy going forward.

17th January 2018
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

I am glad you found my approach helpful and I hope you find the strategy productive. Thank you for your feedback

Short link to review Dr Shanker Vijayadeva: http://iwgc.net/eftdw