Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

If you can spare a few moments, please do leave a review so that I can reflect on your experience and aim to constantly improve. Your reviews will also be discussed as part of my annual appraisal as a doctor. I endeavour to respond to every review if I can. About Me: I was born and grew up in North West London. I graduated from University College London Medical School in 2000 and became a GP in 2004. Currently I have two main roles: 1) Clinical role as a Sessional GP (currently mainly at Cloister Road Surgery) and 2) Management role as a GP Lead for Ealing Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). I have worked in a variety of GP Practices across London, but mainly in Ealing and Harrow. This has included long periods at Barnabas Medical Centre and Hillview Surgery in Ealing.

13th July 2018
Written by a patient at Cloister Road Surgery

Dr Vijay understood my symptoms very well, and explained clearly different paths he wished to explore

29th June 2018
Written by a patient at Cloister Road Surgery

The doctor took time and care to go through my blood test results in detail.He was not critical and unpleasant like the experience I had last year when I had the same review with the nurse.He was helpful in giving me ideas I could implement into my life to make myself healthier.l came out of the appointment happy and positive to make the changes we had discussed.

3rd July 2018
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

I am glad that you found it a positive experience. As health professionals, we can all have different approaches to communication. If you find a future approach doesn’t suit you, then feel free to immediately feedback how you are feeling so that the health professional can attempt to change their approach to make it a more productive experience for you. Thank you for leaving me feedback.

26th June 2018
Written by a patient at Cloister Road Surgery

For the first time ever I felt that a doctor had actually taken a look at my medical record before I entered the office -- very much appreciated! Took my questions seriously, and explained perhaps even more than was necessary.

26th June 2018
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

Due to time constraints, I might actually only have a quick review of a patient’s records whilst they are walking to the consultation room. Depending on the issue being discussed, this might prompt a more in-depth review of the records during the consultation, which could mean I am staring at the computer screen a lot! I do tend to repeat myself perhaps a bit too much as I am keen to ensure the patient does understand what is being explained. Thank you for taking the time to leave me your feedback - it is much appreciated.

12th June 2018
Written by a patient at Perivale Medical Clinic

Great listener. Wants to deal with illness and It just prescribing any old Medican.

13th June 2018
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

Thank you - I am glad you felt that way about me.

11th June 2018
Written by a patient at Perivale Medical Clinic

the doctor has been treated good , rspectful and helpful and I would like to recommend others who needs a good treatment like me. Thanks

12th June 2018
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

Your recommendation is really appreciated. Thank you!

Short link to review Dr Shanker Vijayadeva: http://iwgc.net/eftdw