Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

If you can spare a few moments, please do leave a review so that I can reflect on your experience and aim to constantly improve. Your reviews will also be discussed as part of my annual appraisal as a doctor. I endeavour to respond to every review if I can. About Me: I was born and grew up in North West London. I graduated from University College London Medical School in 2000 and became a GP in 2004. Currently I have two main roles: 1) Clinical role as a Sessional GP (currently mainly at Cloister Road Surgery) and 2) Management role as a GP Lead for Ealing Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). I have worked in a variety of GP Practices across London, but mainly in Ealing and Harrow. This has included long periods at Barnabas Medical Centre and Hillview Surgery in Ealing.

8th June 2019

Good service

8th June 2019
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

Thanks!

6th June 2019
Written by a patient at Cloister Road Surgery

Dr Vijay actually takes the time to listen to your concerns and gives sound advice. He will also allow you to have an input into your treatment which is something I've not really seen before with NHS GPs. Despite the odd long wait on occasion I wouldn't change the NHS for the world. Thank you Dr Vijay and all the other great healthcare professionals providing am excellent service I'm difficult conditions.

7th June 2019
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

It is really nice to hear how much you value the NHS, despite all the issues (including waits). I agree the NHS is something special and to be treasured. Perhaps we would only fully appreciate the NHS if we lived in a place where it didn't exist? Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

14th May 2019
Written by a patient at Cloister Road Surgery

The doctor took the time and listened to my issue. He have explained how my problem would be sorted and have answered all my questions and a very comprehensive manner. Great professional service overall.

14th May 2019
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

It is really nice to receive this feedback - thank you!

10th May 2019
Written by a patient at Cloister Road Surgery

Doctor Vijayadeva seems to go beyond normal levels of patient care to what I have experienced in the past.

10th May 2019
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

Thank you for your kind feedback!

7th May 2019
Written by a patient at Cloister Road Surgery

Once a condition is identified, like my renal cancer Dr. Vijay did not lose any time in communicating the news with me and making specialist referrals with the hospital of my choice. On a follow through of a blood test at the clinic post the nephrectomy, Dr. Vijay identified that my potassium level was high and immediately requested that I take another blood test to cross check the earlier reading so that an accurate diagnosis and action can be initiated. He also shared the clinic’s email address so that I could send in BP readings if elevated to decide on commencement of medication. These are evidenced of pro active behaviour.

7th May 2019
Response from Dr Shanker Vijayadeva

Thanks for being pro active too to leave me feedback - it is much appreciated!