Dr Ross Kelly

Ross Kelly graduated from the University of Dundee with honours in 1999 after first obtaining a BSc (hons) in Pharmacology. After working in hospital and general practice he developed an interest in eye health and held a post on the West of Scotland ophthalmology training scheme. He was awarded the Royal College of Ophthalmologist's Elizabeth Hunt Medal for outstanding performance in the MRCOphth part II exam and obtained his College membership in 2005. In 2007 he decided to combine his GP training with his interest in ophthalmology and become a GP with Special Interest. Since 2008, he has worked part time in general practice while developing a community eye service in Carlisle and Workington. In recent years, he has also co-authored 3 papers aimed at GP education on eye health, in the British Medical Journal.

• Ophthalmology

17th March 2016
Written by a patient at Arnside House

I have seen Dr. Kelly many times over the past few years with various ailments. (latest today) Dr. Kelly is a pleasant man with a likeable disposition and calming bedside manner. This is invaluable in that it makes it easier for the patient to "unload" his/her troubles with confidence knowing you are being listened to. I am very pleased that Dr. Kelly is a member of St. Paul's Medical Team. Highly recommended, and rightly so. I am not qualified to suggest any improvements, but if I was, I'm sure I'd leave it just the way it is...

7th October 2015
Written by a patient at Arnside House

Dr Kelly was very helpful and informative and would not hesitate in recommending him to other people.

12th August 2015
Written by a patient at Arnside House

I attended for a simple procedure on my eye lid. I was put at ease immediately and had the option of the procedure or less invasive measures explained to me. I chose to go ahead with the "surgical" option. What followed was a pain free experience, carried out out in a relaxed atmosphere, with a doctor and assistant I completely trusted.I would entirely recommend anyone with an eye complaint to see Mr Kelly. i am very grateful for the care shown to me today. Thank you.

16th June 2015
Written by a patient at Arnside House

Cant make any suggestions as this Doctor explained everything that was relevant to my eye condition and how to treat it

30th April 2015
Written by a patient at Arnside House

I attended the eye clinic for a minor op by Mr Kelly. He was brilliant, explained everything in detail and had a lovely caring attitude with great results. The treatment I received from him and his clinical assistant was excellent.

Short link to review Dr Ross Kelly: http://iwgc.net/efoge