dr-rob-sutherland

Written by a patient at Western General Hospital
7th February 2020

I suffer from severe clostraphobia and had to get an Mri under sedation. Dr Sutherland was wonderful and although I was literly shaking in my boots, he (and the nurses) managed to get me calm enough to get the job done. My sincere thanks to them all. I had previously failed to even get in the scanner at a private hospital!

Written by a patient at Western General Hospital
19th October 2019

As a claustrophobic and anxious patient, who had failed a previous attempt at having an MRI, I was very anxious to return for another attempt with the help of sedation. I really appreciated the phone call from Dr Sutherland in advance if my appointment, to explain everything that would happen on the day and to answer any questions I had. Dr Sutherland was very respectful of my anxiety and put my mind at ease. On the day of the scan he explained everything again and made sure I understood and was happy to proceed. I had the sedation and the MRI and am very grateful to Dr Sutherland for being so caring, approachable and professional, before, during and after the scan. It was a relief to know I was in safe hands. Thank you Dr Sutherland.

• Anaesthetics and ITU