Dr Rob Sutherland

• Anaesthetics and ITU

19th October 2019

As a claustrophobic and anxious patient, who had failed a previous attempt at having an MRI, I was very anxious to return for another attempt with the help of sedation. I really appreciated the phone call from Dr Sutherland in advance if my appointment, to explain everything that would happen on the day and to answer any questions I had. Dr Sutherland was very respectful of my anxiety and put my mind at ease. On the day of the scan he explained everything again and made sure I understood and was happy to proceed. I had the sedation and the MRI and am very grateful to Dr Sutherland for being so caring, approachable and professional, before, during and after the scan. It was a relief to know I was in safe hands. Thank you Dr Sutherland.

26th June 2019

Despite Dr Sutherland being called out to work the previous evening, he made a special effort to be there for my mri scan. Otherwise it would have to have been cancelled. He puts me at ease and explains everything. He listens and asks if you any questions. I needed a scan on three different areas and he was the sensible one who said we will do them all at the same time. He even phoned me at home to explain what he was going to arrange. He also remembered me from 6 years ago. Certainly goes the extra mile for you. It’s great to feel that he cares about you.

Written by a carer at Western General Hospital
7th June 2019

I was in today with my son dr look after him really well and was really pleasant and understanding of my sons condition

29th March 2019

Very friendly, put a nervous patient at ease. Very positive approach in letting me know what I thought couldn't be achieved could. He was right, I had to have an MRI scan, and cope with Claustrophobic feelings at the same time, I had sedation and felt like I was only in the scanner for one minute, but it was 20 mins. Thank you very much Dr Sutherland, it meant so much to me to get this done.

5th March 2019

As a long standing sufferer or claustrophobia I was highly anxious about having a MRI scan.Dr Rob Sutherland provided excellent service and advice.He put me totally at ease with his easy going manner and professionalism.Overall I had a first class experience.

Nearest Anaesthetists and ITU specialists