dr-rob-sutherland

7th February 2020

I suffer from severe clostraphobia and had to get an Mri under sedation. Dr Sutherland was wonderful and although I was literly shaking in my boots, he (and the nurses) managed to get me calm enough to get the job done. My sincere thanks to them all. I had previously failed to even get in the scanner at a private hospital!

19th October 2019

As a claustrophobic and anxious patient, who had failed a previous attempt at having an MRI, I was very anxious to return for another attempt with the help of sedation. I really appreciated the phone call from Dr Sutherland in advance if my appointment, to explain everything that would happen on the day and to answer any questions I had. Dr Sutherland was very respectful of my anxiety and put my mind at ease. On the day of the scan he explained everything again and made sure I understood and was happy to proceed. I had the sedation and the MRI and am very grateful to Dr Sutherland for being so caring, approachable and professional, before, during and after the scan. It was a relief to know I was in safe hands. Thank you Dr Sutherland.

26th June 2019

Despite Dr Sutherland being called out to work the previous evening, he made a special effort to be there for my mri scan. Otherwise it would have to have been cancelled. He puts me at ease and explains everything. He listens and asks if you any questions. I needed a scan on three different areas and he was the sensible one who said we will do them all at the same time. He even phoned me at home to explain what he was going to arrange. He also remembered me from 6 years ago. Certainly goes the extra mile for you. It’s great to feel that he cares about you.

Written by a carer at Western General Hospital
7th June 2019

I was in today with my son dr look after him really well and was really pleasant and understanding of my sons condition

• Anaesthetics and ITU