Western General Hospital

Crewe Road South, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH4 2XU

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

6th April 2018

I was admitted for an overnight stay to have a feeding tube fitted prior to having radiotherapy for tonsilar cancer. Can’t praise the staff highly enough, from the procedure itself to aftercare then discharge they were first class.

13th March 2018

I felt compelled to leave a review because of the exceptional care and treatment I have and continue to receive from the Edinburgh Breast Unit at the Western General Hospital. Having recently been an inpatient on Ward 6, I seriously cannot thank all members of staff enough - from my breast surgeon and plastic surgeon to the doctors, nurses and care assistants - the care I received was simply outstanding and overall the best experience I have ever had of a hospital stay. The wards are very small, spacious and airey and facilities are spotlessly clean - just what you need to make you feel relaxed and secure without other people invading your space. Staff are highly respectful, considerate, polite and attentative. It's a ward where you actually feel cared for which is so important. Discharge information is clear and precise and always backed up with contact telephone numbers, etc., is which is very reassuring.

26th January 2018

I was admitted to Great Western General hospital on 01/01/2018.I had surgery on 3/01/18 when i had brain tumour removed.From the start to finish all the care and response was wonderfull.Can i please i say some names of the nurses who were superb,There they are..Caroline /irish girl from ward 32..also Vivian from the same ward.Karen and Suzi from ward 33 and last but not least Chloe and Holly from intrncive care.Oh and Alex from ward 33.Thank you so much for your hard work and thank you for your patience and great care.Lots of love from me. Ivana Popovaxx

2nd January 2018

This hospital is second to none. I felt I was kept well informed with ALL my treatment. From chemotherapy-operations and radiotherapy the staff were superb. The dedicated team of surgeons and anethtatists made me feel very relaxed. Having sat in the bread unit many times you realise just what a busy place this is - yet the oncology team make you feel like this is only happening to you. That really is a gift when they’re so very busy . Thank you so much for all your care.

22nd November 2017

Five weeks as an in patient mostly on ward three.All staff from doctors nurses porters and cleaning staff were fantastic cancer care was careing and I was made to feel safe and human which may sound odd but it was a good experience under the worst of circumstances.Everyone was over worked but did not let this stop them from giving me wonderful care thank you to all staff.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »