Western General Hospital

Crewe Road South, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH4 2XU

7th January 2020

I enjoyed my stay here despite having brain surgery.

24th December 2019

Was in this hospital for 8 days in a respitory ward could not fault this hospital one bit and all the staff every member of them were so cheeri I left here on first name terms with the staff so much patience and care for there patients didn’t feel as tho I was just a number in here Allways said if in hospital I prefer western general allways recommending as been In here quite a few times

20th December 2019

By far the most superior empathetic staffed general hospital in the Edinburgh area in my own experience and this is also widely known throughout locals in the Edinburgh area.

23rd November 2019

In for endoscopy and was seen bang on time. My nurse was very friendly and funny (joked about being in for colonoscopy, the fear on my face). Was told because my notes showed previous infection, would have to be seen last. But still very little wait time. Tv switched off but I'm sure they would have switched it on if asked. Have to wait an hour after for sedation to wear off, and then offered hot drink and choice of sandwiches (x2). Great after having to fast. Need someone to take home, I got lost finding my partner and still being slightly sedated ended up going home without proper discharge. Got phone call to check was ok, no telling off, just checking up. Staff amazing. Not stressed at all. Even have free WiFi now. That's new.

14th October 2019

My mum was transferred from St John's hospital to the western general at the end of September and was discharged earlier today. We as a family would like to thank the staff for the amazing care and attention she received during her time at the hospital. Special thanks go to all the staff members in wards 58 and 24 who treated my mum in a caring and professional manner.

31st January 2019

I was admitted to Ward 57 on Tuesday 29th January and cannot praise hospital or staff highly enough for the excellent care I received. Staff on ward 57 are first class and an asset to the hospital and the NHS.Thanks for everything Stuart Galloway

{{category}} working at Western General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Western General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6fo