Dr Richard Baird

Dr. Richard Baird is an academic consultant medical oncologist specialising in the treatment of patients with breast cancer and in clinical trials of new drug therapies.

• Oncology

19th September 2016
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

Why can I say....I have actually change consultant to dr Baird. He is a fantastic listener, explains things clearly so you can understand. Listens to your views and then discusses beat wayforqard. I took my daughter and granddaughter to my last consultation. My granddaughter is only 7 months old and he even engaged with her. I would recommend dr Baird to everyone!

15th September 2016
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

All information on the trial was really good, I am not taking part in the trial but only because it is not easy for me to get to Addenbrokes and if I am poorly would end up at Addenbrokes and did that before which was hard especially as wentwent at 9 pm and didn't get home until 1 am.....

9th September 2016
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

When I was first diagnosed with secondary breast cancer 4 years ago, he was positive, cheerful and took a genuine interest in me and my life, which made me feel much better about coping with it. He has always explained things clearly, is a good listener and answers questions thoughtfully. I trust him to make the best decisions for me. We agree that we want prolongation of life with quality of life. An excellent doctor - I feel better just meeting him!

2nd September 2016
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

My first visit to the Oncology Dept so quite apprehensive. Dr Baird put my husband and I at ease, explained everything clearly and honestly. We were given lots of opportunities to ask questions. The different treatment options were discussed and the reasons for the treatment plan chosen were explained. We came away from the consultation feeling reassured and safe in the hands of the wonderful team that will be supporting me through my treatment. Excellent!

1st September 2016
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

My first consultation with Dr Baird was in the Autumn of 2012, with further consultations in February 2013, July 2015-August 2016. I find Dr Baird to be extremely straight forward, he is easy to talk to, welcomes questions which he readily answers comprehensively which creates a feeling of trust, reassurance and sometimes optimism! He has instigated and arranged appointments for helpful treatment for problems peripheral to my cancer. I would like to thank him and wish him every success in the future.

Short link to review Dr Richard Baird: http://iwgc.net/efama