Dr Ravishankar Sargur

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital. He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital. His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc. He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. He is currently chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board. Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students. He is a member of the Venom Allergy Interest group in the European Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology ( EAACI).

3rd December 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Dr Sargur was very knowledgeable, friendly and caring. He listened to everything I said and went through it all in detail in a way I understood and not all in complicated medical terminology. I would definitely recommend him.

3rd December 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Listened to me and performed a skin prick test at the time I was there for the consultation, which was very useful. Gave me options for next steps and explained his thoughts about my condition clearly. It was a very worthwhile appointment.

21st November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

This was one of the best consultation I ever had with any doctor ever. Because the level of care was so good compared to what I have received from my GPs or other experiences I don't have much to suggest.

20th November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Very informative the Doctor seems to have a very indepth insight into what the possible problem could be and step by step plans of ways to treat it. Very professional, understanding and listened. Explained differential diagnosis very clearly.

11th November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Very attentive and thoughtful, although he was not able to give me any specific solutions, he made some helpful recommendations and did follow up with me by post after the consultation sending through information that was not available during the consultation. He seemed to have a lot of time with me, which I appreciated, as my problems are not well recognised and some doctors have been dismissive in the past. A few suggestions: If the appointments could include a follow up phone call/Email exchange it might be really helpful as there are often questions that come to mind when patients have digested all the information. The Doc had limited availability at the hospital nearest to me, so more immunologists would be a positive step forward!

Nearest Immunologists