dr-pasquale-gallo-1

Written by a patient at Western General Hospital
28th February 2020

I was diagnosed with Chiari Malformation in December 2004 and had decompression surgery in January 2005, which was carried out by a different surgeon in the Edinburgh Western. My symptoms improved in some areas but, I was still left with severe headaches. In the past I always felt that I was not listened to and was sent home with them saying that there was nothing else that could be done. Then I was passed over to Mr Gallo. He really Listened to me and explained everything that COULD be done to remove my headaches. He is the first surgeon to actually really listen to me and to explain what could be done to help, he listened to my fears in having surgery again and reassured me and my husband. He is the first professional that I have seen in 15 years that treated me like a person and not just a condition that needed fixed.

Pasquale Gallo is a Consultant Pediatric and Adult Neurosurgeon at Royal Hospital Sick Children and Western General Hospital, Edinburgh. Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at the College of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine, Edinburgh University.

Nearest Neurosurgeons