Dr Pasquale Gallo

Pasquale Gallo is a Consultant Pediatric and Adult Neurosurgeon at Royal Hospital Sick Children and Western General Hospital, Edinburgh. Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at the College of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine, Edinburgh University.

• Neurosurgery

5th July 2018
Written by a carer at Royal Hospital for Sick Children

Mr Gallo acts professionally and takes particular interest in every detail of the case at hand. he operated on my son in 2014 as result of hydrocephalus and subsequent subdural hematoma. He shows extreme care, and my son has been well till today.

2nd March 2018
Written by a carer at Royal Hospital for Sick Children

At just 4 weeks old our daughter was referred to Mr Gallo. Our daughter was diagnosed with Craniosynostosis, a condition in which sutures in the skull prematurely fuse. We had never heard of this before and it was a very emotional time for us. Mr Gallo went above and beyond explaining to us in great detail about our daughters condition and the surgery that she would need to correct it, allowing us to feel that little more at ease. He was very confident regarding the surgery which was very reassuring and it was obvious he had great knowledge about her condition. He explained clearly the positive impact the surgery would have on our daughters life. He also explained the risks that come with that type of surgery and her being so small. We had various appointments pre and post surgery with Mr Gallo keeping us up to date with the whole process and spending time answering any questions we had. At 7 months old she was admitted for the surgery. The surgery was a success and her recovery was amazing! The instant result was incredible. Post surgery we spent a week on the ward  where all the staff were also amazing. Mr Gallo made sure to come on to the ward to see us regularly prior to discharge. We have also had regular follows ups post surgery.  We are 100% happy with the end result and level of care we recieved and We can not thank him enough for everything he has done for us.

22nd March 2017
Written by a carer at Royal Hospital for Sick Children

Mr Gallo is an amazing, kind and caring person and takes his time with us. My 8 year old son recently had to have surgery and Mr Gallo explained everything and was very reassuring. I am so pleased that my son is under his care, he really has left a positive impact on us as a family. My son can lead a happy life all thanks to him. He phoned me during a time I was feeling anxious about my son and he was so good at making me feel much better. Thank you so much, I am eternally grateful for your expertise, knowledge and compassion.

9th February 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Hospital for Sick Children

Dr Gallo made me feel happy, calm he explained very well what was wrong with my head and what he was going to do to help. He used his computer to show me pictures of head and told me all about it. He answered all my questions and I asked a-lot! Dr Gallo was fun to be around and had a great sense of humor was energetic and he has a nice smile. Dr Gallo always talked to everyone on the ward and in the play room. I am 11 and I would say to anyone who Dr Gallo is going to look after you are in safe hands and Lucky to have him to look after you. I am very lucky and grateful he looked after me:)

1st November 2016
Written by a carer at Royal Hospital for Sick Children

My daughter was diagnosed with a brain tumour at RACH in 2015 and we were immediately transferred to Edinburgh for her to have surgery the next day. When we arrived in Edinburgh there was not an intensive care bed so her operation had to be postponed. We found Mr Gallo very reassuring and confident as he had to change the plan for the tumour removal and talked us through how initially operating on the hydrocephalus and fitting an access device would be beneficial to our daughter as it meant when they went in to remove the tumour the operation would be less complicated with the pressure already removed. After many helpful discussions sometimes repeating information he had told us at our request (we were in shock and it was hard to take it all in) we trusted him and knew he was confident in this plan would actually work better for our daughter in the long run. We saw him before and after both operations and regularly while waiting for the results of the tumour removal and he explained in detail the results of her first MRI scan and how positive the initial scan was. Anything we asked or did not understand he made sure we went over it until it sunk in and he was able to give us the news the tumour was benign and slow growing and that the very small area visible in her scan might even disperse over time. The relief was immense and we were discharged back to RACH not long after her operation when her initial sickness had stopped and they were sure there were no post operative issues. We are now in the care of RACH but we know that Mr Gallo would happily answer any queries we have and has promptly replied to any concerns I have had. Also we know that Mr Gallo is part of the team that reviews scans that our daughter will have every 6 months. At the time in shock as a parent you don't initially appreciate how much trust we had in Mr Gallo and we are so glad that our daughter had his and the extended teams support during the weeks we were at the sick kids hospital.

Nearest Neurosurgeons