Dr Mark Slaney

• Psychiatry

8th April 2018
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Woking

I suffer from chronic depression and have been seeing Dr Slaney since late 2015. I cannot praise him highly enough. He has a terrific manner and always manages to put a smile on my face, no matter how low I’m feeling. He listens and involves me in decisions about my treatment which is very important to me. I trust him completely. He has supported me through my discussions with my employer and subsequently with the insurer who, on behalf on my employer, provides my ongoing long term sickness pay. Whenever I have needed to see him quickly he has made himself available either face to face or by phone. His secretary, Lindy, is also terrific, very responsive and helpful. Between them I feel very supported.

22nd February 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Hampshire Clinic

For compassion and kindness Dr Slaney is the man to see! I have been a patient (on and off) for a number of years now, and I feel very privileged to have been under his care. It is true, Dr Slaney is open minded and approaches every one of your issues from a completely balanced perspective (he must be libra?!) and no matter how sensitive or contentious the issue, Dr Slaney addresses these from such a respectful place and I have never been made to feel inadequate by him, in fact his care has lead me to have much more belief in myself. Highly recommend him should you require this intervention in your life.

8th December 2017
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Woking

Dr Slaney has been a beacon of light for me. I cannot recommend him highly enough. He is kind and compassionate whilst remaining totally professional.

30th October 2017
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Woking

I started seeing Dr Slaney about a year ago when I started having severe panic attacks followed by bouts of depression. He was recommended by my therapist after one to one CBT therapy hadn't solved my problems. Having never had mental health problems before, I was nervous about needing to see a therapist, let alone a consultant psychiatrist but Dr Saney quickly put me at my ease. He took the time to listen to my problems and was very supportive and non judgmental. He then proposed a treatment programme involving medication and intensive therapy at a Priory hospital. Throughout my time seeing Dr Slaney I have felt involved in the decision making process about my therapy and he has explained in detail why a particular drug may help, the possible side effects etc. When I first saw Dr Slaney I was in a real state mentally and I hate to think what could have happened if I hadn't plucked up the courage to ask for help. I wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone with similar problems.

6th September 2017
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Woking

Dr Slaney takes the time to listen, sympathize and is very open-minded about what treatment might be appropriate for you. He has been instrumental in helping me overcome significant anxiety problems over the years through the right combination of medication and referral for CBT therapy. My life is now what many would consider "normal", with a family, job and hobbies, and I doubt this would have been possible without him!

Nearest Psychiatrists