dr-iqbal-mohiuddin

Written by a carer at IamPsychiatry
25th January 2021

This psychiatrist is an absolute disgrace to his profession! I took my friend to see him to get an assessment and a report for ill health retirement which was paid for by his mother as he was broke and homeless. I suspected he was ASD and said so on his referral but this psychiatrist neglected to even look at this. Dr Mohiuddin seemed quite empathetic and did a ok report. However we found out, afterh 3 months, and after substantial distress had been caused that Dr Mohiuddin had been contacted and paid to write a second report for the employer that included timescales not in the original report that stopped the ill health retirement being permitted!!! I could not believe a psychiatrist would do this so I rang, thinking it was a mistake, but his wife admitted he had. They argued they had a right to do this because the client had unsuspectingly ticked a box to say he did not want copies of reports and they got very defensive. I even pointed out extracts from the Royal College of Psychiatry Code of conduct and ethics that there should be no change to a report and that reports should not be sent, regardless of perceived consent or not, because of the potential damage such action could cause. Dr Mohuiddin was paid a substantial sum to do this different report. We have never found out how much because he would not respond to any complaints and the employers OH claimed it was confidential!! I even email Dr Mohuiddin when they quoted these timescales to me asking his opinion within weeks of seeing him, not knowing the information had come from him, to which he just did not respond. If he had told me then that he had done another report it might have been rectified. When he did speak to me, after I discovered there was 2 conflicting reports, he claimed he did not know that we had not been told! Despite the above mentioned email! It was his responsibility to ck tact us about a different report, he should have told us BEFORE he sent it and confirm our consent to send it!! As the clients carer who had to attend the session with him due to his chronic anxiety, Dr Mohuiddin should have contacted me. It was obvious that the client was not capable of dealing with anything, hence my presence. It was his moral, ethical and professional duty to contact me prior to sending any other report. You don’t have to be a highly paid and educated psychiatrist to realise this! It’s not rocket science to know that doing another report, that clearly negated the original report, was going to be extremely damaging. He exploited an extremely vulnerable homeless addict with ASD and caused him a huge amount of additional distress! As someone who has worked tirelessly in supporting people for no payment I find his behaviour beyond abhorrent! In all my years dealing with confidential files as a manager of a drug project and a front line worker, I would never have done such a thing without it being considered gross misconduct! I would have been sacked on the spot! Justly so! Also what he stated in the report was total nonsense! Reports should be based upon factual and observational evidence. As a recovering addict with 25 years of being clean and sober and as working within addiction and support I have a in-depth knowledge he clearly does not. He claimed that the client could recover in 6 months ‘in a perfect world’! ! Reports should have bearing on facts not an unrealistic scenario! There was no observational or factual evidence referred to that this could be the case! He also stated that the client could return to his role in 10 years!! A role that triggered chronic anxiety and stress which was the impetus for the excessive drinking. Recovering addicts should never return to a situation that caused so much distress. This is a basic observation that is fundamental to long term recovery. If assessed correctly and paying attention to the referral paperwork the possibility of an undiagnosed ASD was apparent. Dr Mohiuddin neglected to do this. It is common for people with high functioning autistic spectrum disorders to suffer from anxiety, depression and addiction. Again something from person experience in addiction and autism. Since Dr Mohiuddin claims to have knowledge of both I fail to see how he missed this. The second report also had no factual references to the information and assessment being from the first report and it’s funding source. This was an extremely important fact that was omitted that caused the most damage. The second report was evidently cut and paste from the original but not referred to! If the second report had been in its factual context, as it should have been, it would not have been so damaging. I have made subject access requests to Dr Mohuiddin, to see the request for the second report and the invoice to see what he was paid to go against his ethics so easily. He has failed to respond. He has made absolutely no effort to rectify what he did, not even offer a refund despite the report he did for us rendered completely unfit for purpose when he did the second report. The damage he caused has been huge. The client remains in a extremely vulnerable position, still homeless, still drinking excessively and traumatised! He has been self harming and extremely distrustful of any therapy or possible support, not that there is any in mental health services anymore! It took me 2 years of hard work to get this client to see someone and this was the result! He will never see anyone again despite desperately needing it! What a absolute disgrace this psychiatrist is! I also find it disgraceful that this psychiatrist is completely unaccountable to anyone it seems! He has no complaint procedure ( none that he sent to me anyway) the General Medical Council and The Royal Collage of Psychiatry do not bother to respond nor investigate. It appears that there is nothing you can do if a private psychiatrist such as Dr Mohiuddin breaches ethics or his alleged governing bodies code of conduct, they are accountable to nobody! Looking for information on detox for this client I was disgusted to see that Dr Mohiuddin is a consultant psychiatrist at The Farm ‘Dayhab’ in Hertfordshire. It seems that addiction and possible recovery is a great money making scheme devoid of any care or compassion. This is clearly evident in Dr Mohiuddin’s conduct. The really vulnerable people who do not have the funds for any help are only a resource to make money regardless of the consequences. I feel guilt every day that I took this client to see this psychiatrist. Its a shame Dr Mohiuddin doesn’t.

25th January 2021

I had been drinking heavy amounts of alcohol every day for 5 or 6 years, i finally built up the courage to contact Dr Mohiuddin , we disscussed everything via face time , he came up with a home detox programme, followed by a anti craving drugs which have been amazing, he was very empathetic and non judgemental he made me feel relaxed and ready to start the programme i am going into my 4th week alcohol free which i never thought possible , feeling so much better , hank god i took the steps before it was to late , thanks for help , i would definatly reccomend Dr Mohiuddin K

18th January 2021

Having booked my first appointment at lunchtime with Dr Iqbal, I had all morning to sufficiently build up my nerves and anxiety. However, as soon as we met, he made me feel completely at ease and comfortable. He was warm and friendly and so easy to talk to. My ADHD assessment was thorough but totally understood my difficulties and is highly qualified and knowledgeable with a genuine caring nature and willingness to help. I left feeling hugely positive and confident I am finally getting the help I so desperately need. Huge thank you Dr Iqbal. Kind regards Colin Scott

11th January 2021

An absolutely phenomenal psychiatrist with full committment to understanding patients' needs and worries. He has excellent listening skills and is very good at picking up on seemingly minor issues and bringing together a bigger picture of the symptoms and illness for patients who are doubtful and unsure of their own judgement, or those who lack full insight into their condition. He helped me earlier in the year when I was sick and tired of continually having my mental health concerns brushed off by GPs and under-resourced NHS mental health teams, and was able to provide me the consultation and proper diagnosis I needed to speed up the NHS treatment process. Without him I'd surely be stuck outside the mental health system and not getting the treatment I need and have been overdue for the past 5/6 years - I would not have been confident in understanding what I was going through to express my experiences to GPs in future too.

23rd January 2021
Response from Dr Iqbal Mohiuddin

Thank you so much for you wonderful and constructive feedback. It has been a pleasure helping you to the see the bigger picture and provide you with a proper diagnosis and treatment plan. I am glad to hear that my intervention has also helped speed up the NHS treatment process. I hope your GP now has a better understanding of what you have been experiencing and how to best to support you. Please get in touch if we can be of assistance again. I wish you all the best for the future.

Written by a carer at IamPsychiatry
21st December 2020

Dr Iqbal is truly incredible. My husband saw him for his deteriorating mental health. Dr Iqbal instantly built a rapport with him and allowed him to be open and honest about issues he has kept hidden for most of his life. Dr Iqbal also allowed and encouraged me to be present (with my husbands consent) to ensure he got a full picture of the issues being faced. He was welcoming, open, honest and incredibly respectful to both of us. Once I disclosed I work within the nursing profession (a fact that most medical staff find difficult to manage due to a potential lack of objectivity) Dr Iqbal was even more respectful; discussing the issues in detail with me and ensuring informed consent from both of us was gained around diagnoses and treatment. I am so glad my husband will continue to see Dr Iqbal and get incredible care. And I feel slightly upset that in 15 years in nursing, I am yet to meet a Dr with such care, consideration, humour and dedication as Dr Iqbal evidences.

4th January 2021
Response from Dr Iqbal Mohiuddin

It was a pleasure to have met you both. I am glad that you both found the assessment session helpful. Your presence certainly helped your husband to feel more comfortable and relaxed as he trusts you. It was great that he was able to be so open and honest after such a long time of suffering alone. He has now started the recovery process with the love and support of his family. I look forward to helping and supporting you and your husband further over time. Many thanks for your kind recommendation and constructive feedback. See you both soon.

Dr Iqbal Mohiuddin is a British GMC registered doctor in the UK since 1999, and an NHS Psychiatrist since 2000. He has been practicing as a private Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry since 2008. He has special interests in Psychotherapy, Addictions Psychiatry, and Adult ADHD. He has successfully treated many hundreds of NHS and private patients with a wide variety of mental health problems including Depression, Anxiety, OCD, PTSD, Bipolar disorder, Psychosis, Alcoholism with Home Alcohol Detox, Addictions, and Adult ADHD. He is also a Medical Cannabis Clinician treating anxiety, insomnia, PTSD, and pain. Private consultation is offered face to face, or Online throughout the UK by Skype, Zoom, Apple FaceTime, or by Telephone. Dr Mohiuddin is fully indemnified by the Medical Protection Society for private medical and psychiatric practice. He is a Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych). He is on the GMC Specialist Register for General Psychiatry. He is passionate about mental and physical health, and your safe and timely recovery. Call Pam on 0800 779 7800 to book a private consultation today.

Nearest Psychiatrists