Dr Robert Schapira

Written by a private patient at 105 London Road
1st April 2021

As someone else stated, he likes to talk a lot about irrelevant topics. He treated me like I was a drug addict and seemed to want to waste our appointment times, after stating that I wasn’t angry about a recent death in the family, it was almost like he was trying to goad me into saying something that wasn’t true. That was extremely distressing. After telling him I was suicidal, all I got were the standard clichès. He seems harmless enough, generally a nice bloke, but when it comes to severe mental health problems you’re better off going elsewhere. It’s a shame. 1k+ and you’d expect something better than the NHS.

Written by a patient at 105 London Road
9th December 2020

Diagnosed me with a condition, prescribed medication and did not titrate the dose so dosage was much too high to start with so I couldn't tolerate it. No follow up to check on how I was doing. I was very anxious and agitated and this affected my ability to do my job and my interactions with my family. I booked an appointment to see him and when I had nearly arrived he cancelled the booking and said that he didn't offer offer medication to patients with my condition even though its a first line treatment in NICE guidelines. He refused to send my report to another psychiatrist so I could get support. He randomly asked me if I'm bisexual which I'm not and spent a lot of time talking about his interests Kabbalah etc. Terrible, don't waste your time and money!

• Psychiatry