Dr Ioannis Bollas

• Gastroenterology

14th May 2018
Written by a patient at William Harvey Hospital

I came to Dr. Bollas today for the second time. He was very sympathetic and helpful. He was kind and caring and gave me some suggestions which me feel much better especially as I had told him about this other problem which I was having which was not part of his speciality. He took time with me and I felt so much better after seeing him. He also has a nice sense of humour. I would definitely recommend him highly. Than you Dr. Bollas. CEJ.

28th March 2018
Written by a patient at William Harvey Hospital

Dr Bollas did not do the appropriate tests for my pain-no examination was made of my stomach.? I was discharged by letter as pain unexplained. The CT scan and Endoscope did not explain my pain Of upper right stomach pain radiating into my back after food. My pain was severe , I went private to avoid going through the system again for a second opinion. The private consultant could not understand why an Ultra sound had not been done on examination and ordered two Ultra sounds one starvation and one with food he’s view it was a Gallbladder problem was confirmed. My gallbladder was removed at my cost privately. Doctor Bollas should have ordered the Ultra sound ,with pain I presented an examination might have helped.? The doctor who removed my Gallbladder said it was finished and had adhered to other organs.? I really am annoyed but out of pain.

27th March 2018
Written by a patient at William Harvey Hospital

Dr Bollas is very strait forward, and I feel that I know exactly what is wrong with me and how he intends to treat my condition. Within a week of my last appointment he had referred me for an iron infusion, and 10 days later a copy of the letter he sent to my GP. I find Dr Bollas very efficient and empathetic and would highly recommend this consultant.

1st July 2017
Written by a patient at William Harvey Hospital

Absolutely terribly rude. At my last appointment he basically called me a liar and said he didn't believe I was having pain from a gallstone. Because the report of the Ultra Sound was not on his system i was lying and it never existed. He was shouting at me over the top of my own voice so I could not even speak. From the very first time I saw him he has had no idea how to talk to patients. Many IBD sufferers are going through enough hell as it is without the need for our specialists to be like this. I also suffer from diabetes so my life is just terrible at the moment

27th February 2015
Written by a carer at William Harvey Hospital

Very professional and obviously an expert in his field - he quickly got to the root cause of the problem and took time to listen. I was very impressed.

Nearest Gastroenterologists