Dr Giles Elrington

Written by a carer at York Hospital
18th June 2019

I attended his clinic with my 21 year old son and found this consultant respectful, highly knowledgeable and completely aware of our situation. We were personally collected and greeted by him at exactly the time of the appointment and the consultation was 30 mi utes plus. He is an example of the NHS at its very finest.

Written by a carer at Oaks Hospital
3rd May 2019

Dr Ellington saw my sister ten years ago and again yesterday and was a good yesterday as we experienced ten years ago. We have nothing but positive things to say about him. He is direct, honest, kind and very knowledgeable . He immediately put us at ease on a day which was a incredibly anxious time for us.

Written by a patient at York Hospital
25th June 2018

I have been fortunate enough to be a patient of Dr Elrington for almost 3 years. During this time he has worked tirelessly to help me get a diagnosis and medication that has made a real difference to my quality of life. He's referred me to tests and considered a whole range of possibilities to try to work out what on earth was going on with me! During these visits he has always been funny and friendly; he has listened and considered and given me time which I have always appreciated. He was welcoming of my partner and also listened to any queries or concerns she many also have had. I would recommend Dr Elrington without hesitation to anyone from any background, he is fabulous..

Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital
3rd February 2017

I have been a patient of Dr.Elrington's for many years and can honestly say that he is my favourite doctor. He is always so genuinely welcoming, takes time to listen and never rushes me, which is often the case when one goes for a consultation. He always explains things , and never minds how many questions I fire at him . He has his own particular brand of humour, which makes me feel less nervous about the injections I need to have . I feel that he is interested in me as an individual, and I am not just another collection of symptoms. I was seen at the Spire Wellesley Hospital .

Written by a patient at York Hospital
30th January 2017

Despite this being my first appointment with Dr Elrington, he immediately put me at ease. He greated me with a warm smile and a hand shake and he introduced himself. He looked at me when he talked and explained things in a comprehensive yet understandable way. I felt completely at ease with him and I felt I was discussing thing with an old friend. He listened to my concerns attentively and I did not feel that I was being judged or rushed. I came away with much more knowledge and less anxious about my condition and I can honestly say I look forward to seeing him again. The best hospital experience I've had.

• Neurology