Dr Fergus Rugg-Gunn

7th January 2020

I was a patient with Dr Rugg Gunn for 3-4 years when i was diagnosed with epilepsy. No doctor could get control over my epilepsy but after one session i had a fit free period of nearly 4 years. To the point that i stopped believing i had epilepsy. Then i made a mistake and started missing appointments and was discharged because of my own fault. This led to a recurrence of my fits. I firmly believe if i stayed under Dr Rugg Gunn’s treatment i would have been fit free for a long time. This doctor has your best interest as priority along your treatment. I have now been referred again after 10 years and cannot wait to start the treatment. Dr Rugg Gunn nearly had me off my medication as well, which is important as there are side effects with every medication. However, the medication this Dr provided me had the least side effects.

23rd November 2019

I have the greatest respect for Dr Rugg-Gunn and feel that I would be in a worse situation if it was not for him. I stayed at The William Gower Centre for 8 weeks in 2017 and it was the best thing I did regarding my epilepsy. I made very special friends and was the place that I didn’t have to “wear my mask” and say I was fine. It was a place where everyone supported each other. I feel so lucky to have Dr Rugg-Gunn and he always listens, cares and does the best for me. He is an amazing Neurologist and understands and supports myself and all patients. He is a Dr that I feel safe with as I know he will always put my health and safety first and also cares what this is doing to my mental health. Thank goodness for this amazing Doctor.