Dr Fergus Rugg-Gunn

• Neurology

17th May 2018

Having seen 8 different Consultants in pursuit of an accurate diagnosis ( all bar one I have paid for privately so I have not drained the NHS resources). One believed there was something wrong, so I am now seeing them on the NHS - an outstanding Consultant who knows there is something wrong but is not quite sure what. I am now seeing Dr Fergus Rugg-Gunn. He has the knowledge, expertise and interest to get to the root cause of my problem. He actively listens and is compassionate. He has outstanding knowledge in the area of epilepsy and I truly believe he deserves this appointment at the centre of excellence on merit. I can only think that those that have been dismissive about him do not understand the difference between someone who has listened and, with their expertise, believes there is a problem. But the problem in not in line with that, that the person attending thought was the problem. (Which is then, perceived , an irritant) Of all the consultants I have seen,( most excellent with outstanding reputations), as my problem is unusual - most have either given me a totally incorrect diagnosis or have had the audacity to, in effect, say that it is all in my head. So Dr Fergus Rugg-Gunn is absolutely outstanding

1st April 2018
Written by a patient at West Wales General Hospital

I met Dr Rugg Gunn not long ago. I found him polite, considerate and most engaging . He had clearly read my whole file and his examination was thorough. He was happy to discuss next steps of scanning and possible lumber puncture and he answered all my questions. I would recommend him to anyone.

14th August 2017

Dr Rugg Gunn is an amazing neurologist. I have encountered many different neurologists over the past 20 years having epilepsy & Dr Rugg Gunn is by far the most patient & kind doctor I have met. I feel a sense of true care that he listens to me when I discuss my condition & he is open to new treatments as alternative therapies. He shows a genuine sense of care & concern & I have full confidence in his care & management of my epilepsy. I have also had conversations with other patients in the waiting room who find him excellent in comparison to other neurologists out there. I feel lucky he's my doctor.

25th March 2017

Doesn't care, extremely disappointed. Please forgive me, but I have lost my trust completely from this professional.

22nd March 2017

Extremely disappointed with this consultant. Isn't interested in meeting my child at her appointments. Completely pointless of going to the appointments. Would not recommend at all.

Short link to review Dr Fergus Rugg-Gunn: http://iwgc.net/eesy2